Non - Brexit

71% people under 25 voted to remain.

How do you know this ? No one has ever asked my age before or after any vote.

If its true then don't you think that as an age group they clearly lack the personal responsibility to be involved in such an important decision making process ;)

Most of the people at yesterdays demo were there for one reason....to take photos, text updates to other hooligans and be part of what they think is a game changer! Half the F##ckers probably have never even seen a History book let alone read one! The 3 year olds, perched on their shoulders or hanging out of backsacks, steering them around like lost ostriches, would rather be at home building Lego Eiffel Towers !
IT WAS A ......DEM... O.... CRATIC......VOTE - FFS!
I admit I was wrong. I thought you surely couldn't post anything more imbecilic than your last, and the one before that, and...

The older the voter the more likely they voted to leave. At least they've seen what exactly we got out of being in the EU from 1974 until now, and clearly felt it wasn't enough to stay in.

Or maybe they just haven't understood what we as a nation have gained from being in the EU.

Well they'll soon find out.

The old just can't wait to take back control, when most of them can't even control their own aged bladders.

I get the impression that the Leave voters are viewed as almost Criminal....blimey..I was on the fence for months and could quite easily have opted to Remain ..I decided for change purely for support of our Fishermen and Farmers..something had to swing it for me and that stood out! Others did it for many different reasons. My daughter and her daughter voted Remain because Europe better looked after their Disabled needs in her assessment....I disagreed but we haven't fallen out over it. When it all calms down I think everyone will be fine.
and for what it's worth I reckon most ties with Europe will Remain anyway!

Last edited:
I'm the same as Bill on this....very much 50/50 on the run up...listened to as many sources as I could....tried to find balance on different news channels and websites.....[ didn't read newspapers ]....in the end, decided it would be beneficial for us to make the change. Had Remain won, as I had assumed, I wouldn't have been upset and cried for years! Since the result was declared, I have become more determined to stay as a Leaver though, due to the sheer patronisation and insults thrown by the Remain side towards the majority of those who voted, who wanted to leave.

It was 64% actually. You shouldn’t believe all you read in the Daily Mail.

Never read that paper thanks.

So basically shows that we can all find 'facts' to back up our views....but there are lots of stories online showing a lot of young people didn't vote. Basically, anyone of any age who didn't vote...their views on this subject do not count anyway.

More dismissive arrogance. All this thread shows is that we are a divided nation. This stupid referendum has split this country into 2 warring factions. The divide will be irreparable when we finally leave. I’m not posting any more on this thread as it’s pointless. Leave, remain, never the twain shall meet.

Not worth falling out over stan.

Perhaps we can find a way to get back on track and have a reasoned debate. It's easy to jump on a bandwagon when it gets rolling, I think we can all be guilty of that.

The whole of life on this planet swings between Positives and Negatives in all aspects and as a previous poster mentioned..nothing is ever purely Black or White...or Left or Right!.
Take Newspapers......I try to read a cross section...and find that rather than classify any one as being 'Totally' Right or Left biassed it's better to judge the individual writers ...they do squabble and differ within ! and there are good and rubbish ones in all papers! And I certainly don't see the BBC as Left dominant . Plenty of Fascists in there too!
I was brought up to regard the Daily Mirror as Gospel...Dad would not permit others in the house ..how was I expected to get a balance of truth or lies?

Last edited:
More dismissive arrogance. All this thread shows is that we are a divided nation. This stupid referendum has split this country into 2 warring factions. The divide will be irreparable when we finally leave. I’m not posting any more on this thread as it’s pointless. Leave, remain, never the twain shall meet.
Please don't give up posting Stan ffs.....your views are just as Valid as mine or anyone elses...you could turn out to be right in the long run!
None of us are happy with all the Instability are we?

We have had the first democratic vote in our country for many years where everybody’s vote counted.

In our general elections in strong areas where one perty or the other have strongholds it isn’t the case.

Everyone has their point of view and voted Leave or Remain.

But when things on a MB get personal by someone, it basically means they have lost the way to debate their point of view.

We may not agree, but we can keep it civil.

Last edited:
How do you know this ? No one has ever asked my age before or after any vote.

To be fair I can definitely believe the figure. My opinion is very much that those currently enrolled in official education are a lot more likely to vote remain.

At the time of the vote I was a few years the wrong side of 25, but certainly at 22/23 I would have been a 100% remain voter. Why? Because I didn't know enough about what the EU really was and I'd gone through a schooling system where EU propaganda was thrown at me left, right, centre.

Most likely I'm less intelligent, poorer, less educated, and have fewer prospects now than I used to.

a schooling system where EU propaganda was thrown at me left, right, centre.

The EU isn't responsible for school curriculum and course content, blaming the EU for the failings of local education system is as lacking in balance as claims of a pro EU propaganda machine.
The anti EU propaganda of the printed press in the UK would be fair and balanced ?

Regaining sovereignty not happening locally ?

Residents will not get a say on parish councils in Poole and Bournemouth.
Cllr Slade said: “How can we be one council and yet deny residents of Poole and Bournemouth the same right as residents in Christchurch?
“Three towns, one vision, two types of democracy, zero fairness.
“The differences are set to widen yet further. As Dorset devolves powers to town and parish councils, residents separated by an invisible border will see services disappear through lack of local council presence.”

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...-on-parish-councils-in-poole-and-Bournemouth/

a schooling system where EU propaganda was thrown at me left, right, centre.

The EU isn't responsible for school curriculum and course content, blaming the EU for the failings of local education system is as lacking in balance as claims of a pro EU propaganda machine.
The anti EU propaganda of the printed press in the UK would be fair and balanced ?

Regaining sovereignty not happening locally ?

Residents will not get a say on parish councils in Poole and Bournemouth.
Cllr Slade said: “How can we be one council and yet deny residents of Poole and Bournemouth the same right as residents in Christchurch?
“Three towns, one vision, two types of democracy, zero fairness.
“The differences are set to widen yet further. As Dorset devolves powers to town and parish councils, residents separated by an invisible border will see services disappear through lack of local council presence.”

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...-on-parish-councils-in-poole-and-Bournemouth/

I know of no other organization in the world that takes money from it's members, redistributes some of it on certain projects, and enforces the publication of a plaque in the location of redistributed funds attributing itself responsible as the source of funding.

I never was blaming the EU for the curriculum at local schools, I was naming the curriculum at local schools as a factor for why younger people are more likely to feel pro EU. Certainly at the schools I attended there was a total bias in portrayal of information concerning the EU.

I also don't think for a second that our press is balanced. That goes for both sides of the argument and most certainly includes BBC.

I know of no other organization in the world that takes money from it's members, redistributes some of it on certain projects, and enforces the publication of a plaque in the location of redistributed funds attributing itself responsible as the source of funding.

I never was blaming the EU for the curriculum at local schools, I was naming the curriculum at local schools as a factor for why younger people are more likely to feel pro EU. Certainly at the schools I attended there was a total bias in portrayal of information concerning the EU.

I also don't think for a second that our press is balanced. That goes for both sides of the argument and most certainly includes BBC.
There is definitely pro-EU propaganda in schools. My children have been sent home with EU booklets descibing how wonderful the EU is, these were paid for by the EU. The curriculum is also set up to always describe the EU in a positive light.

Yes the print media is in the main hostile to the EU but the BBC is fanatically pro EU. Which is more influential?

;