Non - Brexit

BBC News - Jaguar Land Rover to cut up to 5,000 jobs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46810473

The sort of story that people will interpret depending on their point of view. The uncertainty definitely is not helping anyone though.

China and the slow down in diesel sales are the main problem here. I've been following this in the motoring forums / press for several years. An additional (although smaller) issue is reliability. Ironically its the EU drive on emissions that has been a significant factor on sales in Europe.

As you say people may interpret things differently without knowing the full facts (a bit like our Injury situation). For example those job losses will form part of the Brexit summary / wash up in a years time.

China and the slow down in diesel sales are the main problem here. I've been following this in the motoring forums / press for several years. An additional (although smaller) issue is reliability. Ironically its the EU drive on emissions that has been a significant factor on sales in Europe.

As you say people may interpret things differently without knowing the full facts (a bit like our Injury situation). For example those job losses will form part of the Brexit summary / wash up in a years time.

I suspect that brexit uncertainty has done nothing to help an already difficult trading environment.

Ford plans to axe jobs in Europe in a drive to return its operations to profitability.

Ford plans to consolidate its UK headquarters and Ford Credit Europe's headquarters at its Dunton technical centre in South East Essex. It employs 13,000 in the UK, including two engine plants in Bridgend and Dagenham, and is talks with unions, the automaker said.

https://news.sky.com/story/ford-to-cut-jobs-in-europe-under-plan-to-slash-costs-11603503

Last edited:
I suspect that brexit uncertainty has done nothing to help an already difficult trading environment.

Of course but probably had little impact on the decision to restructure and the job losses . People have simply stopped buying them and that's not because of Brexit, its down to the emission rules, the wrong marketing strategy and China.

What impact does the holiday plans of a former pm have on achieving what is best for the country post 29 march?

Not a lot obviously......but if nothing else it highlights the type of selfish, self serving, incompetent people we have had or potentially will have in charge of this country. Once so attached..but now so unattached to the mess he has left us with.....it was always one big holiday for him...in between his 'investments' , which essentially is what he was running....not the country!

Not a lot obviously......but if nothing else it highlights the type of selfish, self serving, incompetent people we have had or potentially will have in charge of this country. Once so attached..but now so unattached to the mess he has left us with.....it was always one big holiday for him...in between his 'investments' , which essentially is what he was running....not the country!

Where was Plan B when Theresa May took over?

Whilst you’re right to say that China is the main cause, you cannot dismiss the uncertainty that Brexit is causing in the motor industry. Honda has just announced a 6 day shutdown in April due entirely to Brexit.

Is it a great article? He seems to be talking about two completely different subjects. He has sympathy for leavers becuase this country has neglected the working class? The two are completely unrelated unless you assume the leave campaign tied the two together and blamed europe or that they will be the people most impacted by us leaving. Either way, its even more reason they were misled.

Let's hope the Government hold its nerve and deliver its promise to those who voted in the first referendum to leave the EU. Otherwise any faith in democracy however slim it might be will be totally blown and "the establishment" wins again.

We might as well stay In now, rip up the bloody article 51 or area 50 or whatever it's called...unless you have a ' Leaver' in charge of negotiation its bloody pointless! A Remainer trying to get us Out? Stark Raving Bonkers!
and this 2nd Refereedom.......or VAR I think it's called..mad!
We are all going Mad!
P.s. Tell you how bad it's getting....there are actually people out there who are so Potty they think Everton Fc are going to win on Sunday !
That .....I mean This....How bad is This?

Last edited:

;