Non - Brexit

Is it a great article? He seems to be talking about two completely different subjects. He has sympathy for leavers becuase this country has neglected the working class? The two are completely unrelated unless you assume the leave campaign tied the two together and blamed europe or that they will be the people most impacted by us leaving. Either way, its even more reason they were misled.
Stop following me around Druss :wub:

I also think his point about politicians bleating that they "needed to listen" more, and then resorting back to telling people what they should be thinking.

Especially :-

'....Of course, this mattered little in the media world – dominated as it is by Oxbridge graduates, especially at its most senior levels. These are the people who have least to fear from austerity, and the most to lose from leaving Europe; nor do they have to worry about migrants moving in next door or changing their neighbourhoods, taking their jobs or undercutting their wages. To them, the concerns of poorer or working-class areas are irrational, merely evidence of their simple-mindedness. .....'

Starts off well with loads of good points about what loads of people don't seem to understand about the reasons behind the vote and why 99% of the remain bleating post referendum completely missed the point (imagine trying to convince a set of people that they should vote to preserve economic growth that has not benefitted them in any way). Unfortunately he turns it into the usual justification of a second vote which would do nothing to address the concerns he described so well in the first half of the article.

Is it a great article? He seems to be talking about two completely different subjects. He has sympathy for leavers becuase this country has neglected the working class? The two are completely unrelated unless you assume the leave campaign tied the two together and blamed europe or that they will be the people most impacted by us leaving. Either way, its even more reason they were misled.

Yeah we get it, they are stupid and you know best.

The problem with your article is that all of your arguments about lack of clarity about what a leave vote means can be applied to a remain vote. There is no clear concensus about what a remain vote means, on what terms we would remain in the EU under or what the EU will look like in 10, 20 or 30 years.

We can't go back in time as if the first referendum never happened and a second referendum with a narrow remain vote (almost certainly on a lower turnout) gets us absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:
lol JLR move to Slovakia ecouraged by incentives by the goverment. Slovakia has money from the EU....therefore the EU paid to move JLR

Really Red_house? :unsure:

You know how much UK state incentives went on getting and keeping foreign car manufactures to the UK? We get money from the EU...ergo......

We don't get money from the EU - we are a net contributor and always have been.

If I were a very rich person and felt it beneficial to my community to spread the wealth, I’d happily oblige. If I were a selfish insular type, I probably wouldn’t want to join in.

You can invest in your community yourself without having to outsource the job and pay for another layer of bereaucracy into the bargain.
We should only invest in 'our' community, is that what you're saying?

Aid to other countries usually comes with attempts to open up better trade / business.

The community I’m referring to is the EU.

You can define community how you like. I would suggest (as I have before) that you are no better than little Englanders if you choose to stick to Europe rather than the entire world as your definition of you community. There is a hell of a lot more need outside of Europe after all.

;