Non - Brexit

Even if that's true don't you think that the mistake was Major not seeking a mandate from the public in 1992 or Brown in 2007 when they actually made the major constitutional changes in the first place. All of this was an inevitable consequence of those decisions that was going to come to a head sooner or later.
Change the record.

I agree wholeheartedly with 99% of what you say. The only bit I disagree with is your view of the brexiteer vote. I firmly believe there was a grass is greener view without having the faintest idea of what they were voting for.

That's fair hence my initial comment.

I think it takes an individual of supreme arrogance to assume the intention of over ten million people.

I'd like to think I'm not that person.

I think if we are only in disagreement about how bloody minded the average leave voter is then that's not a bad thing.

Change the record.

From where I'm sat at least he's trying to offer a reason for the situation the country finds itself in rather than just pointing the finger and saying 'I told you so'.

The whole EU / common market / EEC thing has been bubbling for decades. Its been used as a tool for various political parties to bash each with but now when put on the spot by the electorate, we find that our political establishment were actually living a lie and still are. I really think we need to separate the voting public from the muppets who lack the will or way to find a solution to this problem.

You, druss et al playing the blame game need to be directing your wrath at those tasked with dealing with the issue rather than those who were faced with a ballot paper.

Last edited:
Except he hasn’t revived anything for those people just the filthy rich made out. He removed all environmental laws so the top 1% can exploit the environment.

As far as immigration. A wall? For real? Most illegal immigrants arrive in airports with visas and over stay them. The few migrant workers take jobs no American would take. Or if they did an apple would cost five bucks in order to pay American workers a decent wage and benefits.

Easy way to stop illegal workers if you really wanted to. Fine businesses caught employing them one billion dollars per illegal worker. That would end it over night with no additional expense. Why won’t they do that? Because they are there to make the rich richer.

Btw enjoyed your post very thought out.
I like this post. It reminded me of this piece from last year.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a23471864/devin-nunes-family-farm-iowa-california/

I don’t know many people here in the US that even understand brexit. I am an avid news reader and I feel I barely get it.

I know this though Trump is working for Putin and destroying democracy and it’s allies and I for one am very unhappy about it.

Trump became President on the minority vote of the American people.

On Brexit, those that voted Leave, had a majority verdict, on the biggest vote we in the UK have ever had.

Woke up this mornin feelin fine...other things than Brexit on my mind.

Nothing has changed.....in real life...has it?

Cows are still being milked! The IOW ferry is still running....trains are still running late.....Defoe is still on big bucks......the Scots still make shortbread....the Welsh choirs still sing. Stoke still has a pottery....and the IrIsh will carry on making Pocheen despite borders!

Brexit is ONLY a battle for Conservative and Labour politicians Vanity!

Something tells me the rest of us are in for something good whatever....Stay Positive!

Last edited:
Woke up this mornin feelin fine...other things than Brexit on my mind.

Nothing has changed.....in real life...has it?

Cows are still being milked! The IOW ferry is still running....trains are still running late.....Defoe is still on big bucks......the Scots still make shortbread....the Welsh choirs still sing. Stoke still has a pottery....and the IrIsh will carry on making Pocheen despite borders!

Brexit is ONLY a battle for Conserative and Labour politicians Vanity!

Something tells me the rest of us are in for something good whatever....Stay Positive!

Including, I believe, Poole Pottery.

This is an interesting read - quite long though.

https://citywire.co.uk/investment-t...aign=BulkEmail_Investment+Trust+Insider+Daily

Essentially what he's saying is that as the Brexiteer's can't agree on enough to get an overall majority, he think's there'll be a second referendum to resolve the impasse.
He also thinks the questions asked will be
1) accept Theresa May's Deal or 2) Remain in the EU.

He states "I believe the most likely outcome from here is that we stay in the EU. If my view comes to pass, the greatest irony will be that, because they could not agree on a single version of how to deliver Brexit or what Brexit entailed, the Brexiteers for all their passion will ultimately have lost the prize they coveted."

I imagine the bigger businesses will simply relocate to where the wages will be cheaper. Will other businesses really raise wages as a result? I'm not so sure about that.

It's a fair hypothesis to assume some businesses would relocate but when you think that our average salary is already one of the highest in the EU, you'd think those businesses would've moved to somewhere like Hungary where people are paid about two thirds less by now. Not sure a couple of hundred quid a month will make the world of difference to businesses but definitely would to the lowest paid.

EU immigrants are largely a pretty good bunch who come here with honest intentions and pay their own way but there is definitely a correlation between imported low skill labour and the stagnation of pay for the lowest earners.

Besides if you're on minimum wage or the dole then you might as well take a punt, right?

Yet the first sign of trouble all those countries that dislike and mock both the USA and UK suddenly come crying wanting help
That is very true.

I think what I hate most about trump is when he mocks the UK or London mayor. I mean never have there been two countries so closely aligned than the UK and USA

;