Non - Brexit

occasionally, I look at this (written in 2016) for a laugh. was tednphil being ironic, or is he/she seriously delusional?!

Me too. I think he's correct but this thread is largely abandoned by the lefties, I think to stick to their Twitter echo chambers.

Brexit isn't a left or right issue. Corbyn is as much a rabid Brexiteer as Rees-Mogg.

I really feel it shouldn't be but there is definitely a heavy remain bias in the left wing media and a heavy leave bias on the right. The same is true of online communities and my 'real world' conversations.

I thought Corbyn was looking for another referendum now? The Labour position is so ephemeral it's hard to keep up.

I really feel it shouldn't be but there is definitely a heavy remain bias in the left wing media and a heavy leave bias on the right. The same is true of online communities and my 'real world' conversations.

I thought Corbyn was looking for another referendum now? The Labour position is so ephemeral it's hard to keep up.

Think the tide is in at the moment. ;)

Meanwhile Life... in the World outside Brexit( it IS still only a WORD!) goes wrecklessly, indefatigably on....Actresses getting Oscars.....Football managers swapping clubs.....people making Sausages.....someone in UsA paid $10,000 dollars for an original photo of Babe Ruth.. new shops are opening in downtown Dundee....a couple closed in Luton.....Arsenal got beat later today....surfers riding waves off Cornwall beaches in February...oh Yeah ...Brexit isnt actually part of any of that........Life !
...Just a few random snippets picked off the internet !

Last edited:
The tide changes direction daily and will still do so after 29 march.

Bit like canute learned you cant make it do what you want when you want even by writing a strong article in the daily mail

Bloody p#sses me off....I got fined last year £40.00 for not having a car park ticket displayed properly ( it had fallen to the floor when I slammed the door) I eventually got the fine wiped off after letters and much moaning in the council offices.
But now I hear on the news every night about MPs Kicking Cans down the roads around Westminster...why does no one reprimand Them...The Journalists are obsessed with this ...why dont they Dob them in?..Litter...Disturbing the peace...obstructing traffic!

Last edited:
Bloody p#sses me off....I got fined last year £40.00 for not having a car park ticket displayed properly ( it had fallen to the floor when I slammed the door) I eventually got the fined wiped off after letters and much moaning in the council offices.
But now I hear on the news every night about MPs Kicking Cans down the roads around Westminster...why does no one reprimand Them...The Journalists are obsessed with this ...why dont they Dob them in?..Litter...Disturbing the peace...obstructing traffic!

I get the feeling the journalists are kicking the cans down the road with them. ;)

Just seen the News this morning : Oh FFS im Bored with it now.....Lets just Bloody well stay in the Damn thing......it seems more than half of the younger part of the population dont give a Sh#t about being ' British' any more....and its their future mainly so.....

I would definitely say I'm less patriotic than I used to be - but that's just getting older and slowly realising that quite a few people in the UK are just not the sort of people I'd like to mix with. Although I'm not that snobby really :grinning:

There's traits of Britishness I admire - sense of fun, charitable etc - but especially with social media the world is much smaller and may be one of the reasons why younger folk aren't obsessed by 'Britishness' as much. Dunno.

Ol Boris is a bit quiet of late... " I say chaps.....im jolly well not best pleased ....my great uncle Billy Bunter has nicked all my Gooseberry Tarts from my Tuckerbag! The fat laggard....i'll beat his bally backside black and blue! "

Ol Boris is a bit quiet of late... " I say chaps.....im jolly well not best pleased ....my great uncle Billy Bunter has nicked all my Gooseberry Tarts from my Tuckerbag! The fat laggard....i'll beat his bally backside black and blue! "
He is quiet because he never wanted Leave to win, he just wanted to be a part of a valiant loss. He is such a fraud, he had two articles written to submit pre referendum. One remain, one leave. He chose leave as he thought last minute that's the best chance, short term, to possibly be Prime Minister.

...this thread is largely abandoned by the lefties, I think to stick to their Twitter echo chambers.

Brexit isn't a left or right issue. Corbyn is as much a rabid Brexiteer as Rees-Mogg.

I really feel it shouldn't be but there is definitely a heavy remain bias in the left wing media and a heavy leave bias on the right. The same is true of online communities and my 'realworld' conversations.

Brexit isn't a left/right issue. However the media still haven't got a grip of that and neither have most of the public.

Imagine setting up the panel for this week's Question Time...

In the old days they'd simply get one Tory, one Labour, etc.

Now they might start with one Tory, one Labour but those two could both be remainers, or they could both be leavers...

So QT would need to try and balance out that aspect, but then the journalists, business people and other potential guests could equally have those mixed sides and options...

And then you have the splitters (Chukka's Popular Front or whatever it is), where do they fit in?

Modern politics is going through a massive schism, not just in the UK, and that's no bad thing. But making sense of it is incredibly hard right now.

Oh, and I reckon many regulars on here would call me a leftie but simultaneously know that I strongly believe we need get out of that shitshow called the EU.

When they revue tomorrows papers on Sky News 10.30 & 11.30 pm, they have one person from each side of the fence, so you get a more balanced discussion, even if it can get heated at times.

He is quiet because he never wanted Leave to win, he just wanted to be a part of a valiant loss. He is such a fraud, he had two articles written to submit pre referendum. One remain, one leave. He chose leave as he thought last minute that's the best chance, short term, to possibly be Prime Minister.
Exactly! Bang on with that DutchCherry!

Today ...they is saying...Brexit could be Delayed...Delayed? oh come on , you is pulling my plonker innit?
Me and the Missus have a Laughing Mat...we turns on the News....then chucks ourselves on it, rolling around in Glorious Mirth....650 stand-up comedians in one room...no man can buy it!

The European Commission has rejected a call for the UK and EU to make a joint commitment to safeguard citizens' rights ahead of a possible no-deal Brexit.

Brussels dismissed a proposal for a "mini-deal" on the issue to be carved out of Prime Minister Theresa May's withdrawal agreement, despite a unanimous House of Commons request for such an accord.

On Wednesday night, MPs backed a demand for Mrs May to "seek at the earliest opportunity" a UK-EU commitment to adopt and implement those agreements on citizens' rights that are within her Brexit deal, before the UK's exit.

The Commons called for this to happen "whatever the outcome of negotiations" on other aspects of the prime minister's Brexit deal, including in the event of no-deal departure.

https://news.sky.com/story/european...izens-rights-ahead-of-no-deal-brexit-11651028

;