Non - Brexit

People in parts of France and Germany dont give a monkeys! Some, interviewed in towns over near the Alps havent the foggiest idea what its about...totally different World....happily blinded by the Sun rebounding off the snowy peaks.. " what is deez...ow you say....Brexeet ? " Likewise some in villages straddling the coast around Aberdeen.
The whole sorry shindig has been blown way out of its Barn ! Yes...a Barndance moved to the Royal Opera House !

Life will go on.....breathe and walk straight!

There are plenty in this country that are blissfully uninterested .

They've not budged one bit! They haven't shown that they care for the individual people or businesses within their boundaries they are only interested in preserving their project irrespective of what the public think.

They're preparing for Brexit that's why. At no point have we proposed reform of the EU as a compromise for staying and continuing to contribute.

Please don't insult people's intelligence, you want to reverse the vote so just be honest about it.

I honestly can't see how people don't see the problem with the government asking for the public's opinion on an issue, receiving an answer, spending two years bumbling to a deliberately unsatisfactory proposed solution then telling the public that the opposite of what they voted for is in fact a better solution. Can you not see how this would potentially wreck the public's faith in a government's willingness to serve it's voters?

I'm a remain voter but I'm extremely uncomfortable with the idea that any government can just railroad the public into accepting what the government wants. The EU politicians have shown equal contempt for voters by not changing tack one bit despite their model being roundly rejected.

The legally binding point is absolutely not relevant - it is politically binding whether you or I like it or not.

I'm not asking for anything to be reversed, I'm asking for a new question to be asked. One which addresses all the realistic options available to our country, and not one where the chosen path is open to interpretation.

That's all I want, a clear democratic decision based on a plan, not a wishlist of ideals which don't exist or an open ended question which can be debated afterwards.

You can carry on choosing to believe that I want my own way, but I don't live my life like that.

Can you see that the government is already railroading us because of the fallacy of the original question? Whoever leads Brexit will lurch in whatever direction they decide based on their own interpretations of the 'will of the people'. That's not democratic whichever way you spin it. And when you reach that conclusion as I have, it doesn't matter which way you go you will p*ss off a large section of society.

But if you present all the real world options and have a final vote there can be no argument on what the people want.

I'm not asking for anything to be reversed, I'm asking for a new question to be asked. One which addresses all the realistic options available to our country, and not one where the chosen path is open to interpretation.

That's all I want, a clear democratic decision based on a plan, not a wishlist of ideals which don't exist or an open ended question which can be debated afterwards.

You can carry on choosing to believe that I want my own way, but I don't live my life like that.

Can you see that the government is already railroading us because of the fallacy of the original question? Whoever leads Brexit will lurch in whatever direction they decide based on their own interpretations of the 'will of the people'. That's not democratic whichever way you spin it. And when you reach that conclusion as I have, it doesn't matter which way you go you will p*ss off a large section of society.

But if you present all the real world options and have a final vote there can be no argument on what the people want.

The last paragraph is so absurd it’s laughable ..as SDD said your not fooling anyone with these cartwheels ,just admit you want the original vote overturned ,don’t come out with guff like “ I’m asking for a new question to be asked”:yes:

He's probably going to get his referendum though. I'm not sure which is likely to be most ineffectual as a method of breaking the deadlock between a general election or a second referendum but in both cases people proposing them are second guessing the outcome, which is a dangerous game in my view. I wonder if the hardliner brexiters are going to back down in a third meaningful vote if the prospect of a second referendum is seriously tabled.

We were...as stated in other posts.. asked to put a Cross against Leave or Remain..a simple question and a Democratic outcome.
The majority of voters... on Both sides, cared nothing for Detail of what it meant to be either....they just wanted what they wanted....In ...or... Out.
No mass Detail of the workings within the EU was ever disclosed to the general public on a daily, weekly or even yearly feed. Nothing is known of Detail regarding what happens when/ if we come Out...the whole scenario , as far as the Uninformed Public are concerned is just one big Gamble....In .. or.....Out!
The general Public will Never be given any meaningful information to be scrutinised with a view to giving a meaningful decision. So you are left with Instinct...no bad thing for some...because the averagely intelligent dude will know that respective information given by both sides will be Lies or manipulated data!

Last edited:
I think there will be another meaningful vote on this deal after no deal is voted down tomorrow and after an Article 50 extension is voted for. That will focus the minds of the hard Brexit boys.
This is going right to the wire and may is playing brinkmanship to the ultimate degree.

Does Theresa May ever listen or take notice of anybody?

Where's your cunning plan Boris? Michael Gove? Listening for it.

What does the ERG seriously want?

Any idea what Corbyn really wants?

Really, the country wants collective leadership. Will we get that?

The last paragraph is so absurd it’s laughable ..as SDD said your not fooling anyone with these cartwheels ,just admit you want the original vote overturned ,don’t come out with guff like “ I’m asking for a new question to be asked”:yes:

Oh well at least my opinions are entertaining, that's something I guess :unsure:

Boris is just a whingy baby. The nasty EU this and the nasty EU that. He needs to remember. They don’t want us to leave and they haven’t kicked us out. He expects them to bend over backwards to our every whim. Well, no. We got ourselves into this mess, it’s up to us to sort it out, not them.

It’s a mess, which is an understatement.

Tomorrow they vote on no deal
If that’s voted down they vote on Thursday on extending article 50, if that gets voted down we leave on the 29th with no deal, if it gets voted for May has to convince the EU 27 that we need an extension to article 50 but sky news interviewing a MEP tonight saying that the 27 wouldn’t allow an extension as the UK would then take part in European elections and be able to vote on aspects of the EU.

;