Non - Brexit

So taking back control is about allowing non UK unelected bodies to write up the UK withdrawal deal, while the Leavers hide behind the sofa

If a non UK brewer did irony.....

She was a remainer up until the result of the referendum. The Brexiters were not queuing round the block to lead us out but that's irrelevant anyway. Her career and the party's staying in power depends on Brexit being delivered. Or are you suggesting she is a mole that has been planted to sabotage the process and her party?

I don't get your point about the EU. They needed to be involved in any exit negotiations regardless of anything.

You might be keen on a no deal Brexit, but millions of people around the country living on the breadline are not so keen. Both parties know this, it would be more disastrous to push that button than to agree to a second referendum.

First paragraph . People don’t just change their opinions overnight . This whole negotiation has been treated as making the best out of a bad situation .

Last paragraph same fear mongering that was used before the referendum ..what happened to the recession and the extra 500 thousand unemployed ..latest figures show the economy is actually growing twice as fast as the gloomy economists predicted ,surely that can’t be right .

Business hate uncertainty more than anything ..your offering more uncertainty .

Last edited:
So taking back control is about allowing non UK unelected bodies to write up the UK withdrawal deal, while the Leavers hide behind the sofa

If a non UK brewer did irony.....

Who exactly are you criticising here? This appears to emphasise why the EU has taken control away from UK voters, which surely proves the opposite of the point you are trying to make (though tbf I'm never entirely sure what point you are trying to make).

First paragraph . People don’t just change their opinions overnight . This whole negotiation has been treated as making the best out of a bad situation .

Last paragraph same fear mongering that was used before the referendum ..what happened to the recession and the 500 thousand unemployed .

Business hate uncertainty more than anything ..your offering more uncertainty .

Politicians have to execute on things that they didn't personally agree with or vote for. That's their job. In May's case it will define her career. What is in it for her to deliver a bad Brexit in the eyes of the people who voted for it?

Last paragraph I was referring to PR. It would be disastrous PR to execute a no deal Brexit. Not fear mongering, that's reality. Whether or not it would damage the economy as much as predicted is an unknown. It's a lottery. But in a business centric universe it is a risk and actually it is the risk of a no deal Brexit that is causing the uncertainty. If it was off the table there would be more certainty and stability.

Disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya voted against Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement – while believed to be wearing an electronic tag around her ankle.

Good to know a snout-in-the-trough MP, has a vote. Why isn't she still in gaol?

Served her 12 weeks for oerverting the course of justice with regards to speeding incident

Who has taken responsibility for delivering the verdict of the british people ?

Why the dependency on the EU to sort out the lack of planning and preparation by the Leavers ?

Who will be the scapegoats post 29 march, the Leavers always seem to be diverting and deflecting instead of explaining what their soundbites mean, who can explain Leave means Leave implementation as the UK moves forward post 29 march ?

Politicians have to execute on things that they didn't personally agree with or vote for. That's their job. In May's case it will define her career. What is in it for her to deliver a bad Brexit in the eyes of the people who voted for it?

Last paragraph I was referring to PR. It would be disastrous PR to execute a no deal Brexit. Not fear mongering, that's reality. Whether or not it would damage the economy as much as predicted is an unknown. It's a lottery. But in a business centric universe it is a risk and actually it is the risk of a no deal Brexit that is causing the uncertainty. If it was off the table there would be more certainty and stability.

She’s not doing it on purpose she’s just completely inept and has surrounded herself with remainers like Robbins ( or did he change his mind as well)

Your last paragraph didn’t sound like you were talking about PR it sounded a lot more like emotive project fear stuff .

Business will always find a way .That is why uncertainty is the worse possible scenario ,your suggesting years of it .

We are still in the EU......and thats where we will stay for as long as Mrs May and the EU want that to be the outcome.( be under no illusion,
personally she wants IN.. Only her commitment as PM to ' Duty' is Upfront) Extension after extension will just weaken the resolve of the Leavers the longer it pans out!
The Leavers have No Leader of sufficient Guile to swing anything their way! End of Story! The bird has flown!

Business will find a way. For a load of them, that way goes less and less through the UK. Car companies are just the high profile ones.

emotive project fear

Soundbite bingo with added deflect and deny.

What will the business way look like post 29 march ?

Simple.....however businesses Adjust their Resources and find solutions....hasnt changed since The Romans traded horses and slaves with the remaining Celts that they spared!

Did anyone on this thread actually want the deal on the table today? It's being in Europe with no say and costing more money? Glad they voted no. Would prefer "no deal" than this. At least with no deal we can find the country grind to a halt and the leavers can remind us how it's worth it.

Who has taken responsibility for delivering the verdict of the british people ?

Why the dependency on the EU to sort out the lack of planning and preparation by the Leavers ?

Who will be the scapegoats post 29 march, the Leavers always seem to be diverting and deflecting instead of explaining what their soundbites mean, who can explain Leave means Leave implementation as the UK moves forward post 29 march ?

Don't the EU have a responsibility to act in the best interests of their citizens? The people that pay the politicians wages. Have they done this or have they acted in the best interests of their political project? I'm trying to copy your style of asking questions without clarifying the point but the answer is they've acted to preserve their political project at the expense of their taxpayers and businesses.

I can't see how voters have ever been able to really dictate the direction of travel for the EU - there's a complete lack of accountability.

Disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya voted against Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement – while believed to be wearing an electronic tag around her ankle.

Good to know a snout-in-the-trough MP, has a vote. Why isn't she still in gaol?

Surprised her curfew even allowed her to stay out late enough to vote. Would have been tight, dont want to be late in and grounded for even longer by mummy HMP

emotive project fear

Soundbite bingo with added deflect and deny.

What will the business way look like post 29 march ?

Yes I know Jim or Nina .Its quite brilliant the way you persistently take two or three words out of a paragraph post them up without any context and then announce it as a sound bite ..as I said brilliant .Oh and then demand an answer to a question that sounds like it’s been lifted straight from a Dr Suess children’s book .

Did anyone on this thread actually want the deal on the table today? It's being in Europe with no say and costing more money? Glad they voted no. Would prefer "no deal" than this. At least with no deal we can find the country grind to a halt and the leavers can remind us how it's worth it.

It was a withdrawal agreement covering the transition period so I was happy enough with it. Like I've said I don't see how it prevents the UK walking away further down the line if the future relationship wasn't satisfactory enough.

It's not what I would have done though - I'd have taken an off-the-shelf EEA membership option and refused to let them use the Good Friday Agreement as political capital. I think letting this happen was a mistake by both sides.

;