Non - Brexit

One thing we will All 'Eventually' come together on....is the realisation that the EU is Finished as a Successful Entity. ( it tried...but could have got things right with better Communications and a bit less Rigidity !
The damn thing will have to re-invent itself if it wishes to survive......and who knows, one day we might be in part of a New EU !!

Last edited:
It was a withdrawal agreement covering the transition period so I was happy enough with it. Like I've said I don't see how it prevents the UK walking away further down the line if the future relationship wasn't satisfactory enough.

It's not what I would have done though - I'd have taken an off-the-shelf EEA membership option and refused to let them use the Good Friday Agreement as political capital. I think letting this happen was a mistake by both sides.

There is no answer to border issue. Either way it will cause issues. The only solution would be not to leave.

There is no answer to border issue. Either way it will cause issues. The only solution would be not to leave.
It would appear, your view is not a widely shared one.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

Conclusion
For now, the interests of Brussels and London are aligned in painting the worst possible outcome of a no deal scenario.

But if a point is reached when no deal becomes inevitable, then the interests of both sides – in a managed political environment where the UK paid its bills and protected citizens - would become equally aligned in avoiding a catastrophic outcome.

As seasoned diplomats like Sir Ivan Rogers have pointed out, the EU will retain the power to make life uncomfortable for the UK, but it will need to consider how it uses that power, and to what long-term end. Ireland risks becoming collateral damage in a no deal war.

Even with temporary measures in place, the fundamental question of what future relationship Britain and the EU want – and how this can be squared with a mutual commitment to avoid a hard border in Northern Ireland will remain.

A punishment approach from the European Union, beyond gratifying a short-term desire to demonstrate the bloc’s power, will not advance the search for answers.

650 MPs.....they cant even organise a football team to play in Europe...all have damaged hamstrings and cruciate ligament problems from ' kicking the Can down the road' ...the damn Can itself is worn down so badly the Thames Rats are using it a Frisbee!

Page 340 of this thread started on the 10th February 2016.

Our first season in the Premier League.

This is where we have got with Brexit in just just over three years.

So we have a split MB on this subject.

A split country on this subject.

A split Parliament on this subject.

I wonder how many more pages before it’s sorted?

Goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite.

Or don’t let the b......s get you down.

Last edited:
so today 'no deal' will be taken off the table. The EU will vote down our application to extend Article 50 and that'll be the end of that.

The status quo continues. We were never going to leave The Hotel California – not in the script.

The irony as well that the hard brexiteers who voted to close off our borders and stop those pesky immigrants from just walking in are arguing that we can keep an open border to Europe without checks.

Its laughable.

Will of the people, brexit means brexit. WWII. Fight them on the beaches.

Apparently undemocratic to have a democratic vote.

It's the third vote I can't wait for because as we all know the second vote was based on lies, was only advisory, people didn't know what they were voting for, the remain campaign didn't specify what remain actually entails.. oh and the inevitable new one.. the question was biased.

Will of the people.. I wish I had a fiver for every time I've heard that.

People voted to leave based on lies and misinformation. Some older people voted to leave to bring back the Empire I think, seriously!

I sort of think we are Lemmings, wearing blinkers, cos the 'Will of the people' must be obeyed.
Excuse me whist I throw up..

If there's a second vote (best of 3 perhaps), I honestly don't know what I'd vote for now.
I really would like though that the population are better informed BEFORE they vote.

On another thing, it's time for zombie Theresa May to quit and let somebody else have a go. Nice enough lady but useless.

There, I feel better for that..

Will of the people.. I wish I had a fiver for every time I've heard that.

People voted to leave based on lies and misinformation. Some older people voted to leave to bring back the Empire I think, seriously!

I sort of think we are Lemmings, wearing blinkers, cos the 'Will of the people' must be obeyed.
Excuse me whist I throw up..

If there's a second vote (best of 3 perhaps), I honestly don't know what I'd vote for now.
I really would like though that the population are better informed BEFORE they vote.

On another thing, it's time for zombie Theresa May to quit and let somebody else have a go. Nice enough lady but useless.

There, I feel better for that..

Have we now entered a new period politics where people who don't like the result of an election can declare it null and void after the event by picking holes in the campaigns?

How does this help anybody moving forward?

Have we now entered a new period politics where people who don't like the result of an election can declare it null and void after the event by picking holes in the campaigns?

How does this help anybody moving forward?
No, we’re entering a period where people have a lot more facts at their disposal. It is perfectly reasonable to say that now you truly know the situation, you can make a much more informed decision. I understand the fear of the leavers as to how the vote would go but to deny it at this stage would be an affront to democracy.

No, we’re entering a period where people have a lot more facts at their disposal. It is perfectly reasonable to say that now you truly know the situation, you can make a much more informed decision. I understand the fear of the leavers as to how the vote would go but to deny it at this stage would be an affront to democracy.

This is only being said by people who want to reverse the result. Look at the state of things, what do we know now that we didn't know before? I personally wouldn't be bothered how another vote would go but I honestly can't see how it would solve anything. All of your arguments will be used against you if you win - it will get us nowhere.

It is also extremely patronising that people didn't know what they were voting for because they had a different view to you.

;