Non - Brexit

Bercow...displaying a nice line in Aloofness and Condescension on the 6 o'clock news ..towards relatively polite questions by reporters as he trundled along ....making glib and deflecting remarks about the reporters bobble- hat....not with the dignity you would expect from a Parlaiment Mr Speaker....but oh so very Tory, just like Johnson.....only answer questions when you have a prepared script otherwise try to be funny about a serious subject and make someone else look daft instead!
I thought he did a brilliant job. Being harassed by tabloid journalists seeking to blame anybody but themselves for the unholy mess we are in.

I thought he did a brilliant job. Being harassed by tabloid journalists seeking to blame anybody but themselves for the unholy mess we are in.

I think it also comes down to the Ol' Marmite thing as others have said Stan.... some cant stand him...some like and respect him and are even amused by him! Maybe we should all be less black and white about people and events.

But then are there any politicians that really do care that much Stan? I used to think so but I don’t anymore. They’re in the same category as double glazing salespeople and estate agents as far as I’m concerned.

So should all votes for regaining sovereignty, taking back control be declared null and void as they were based on false promises ?

You seem to want the UK Parliament to be declared null and void on the "two wrongs make a right" protocol.
I think he is pointing out the hypocrisy of our situation. The U.K. parliament was always and has always been supreme. The Govts own brexit white paper said so.

The bigger problem is probably our shitty newspapers that have spent the last 20 years and especially the last 3 grooming free thinking adults to believe all their failings in life were because of some bloke from eastern Europe they never met. Or alternatively some person from France or Germany who made a consumer protection law that they benefited from.

I think he is pointing out the hypocrisy of our situation. The U.K. parliament was always and has always been supreme. The Govts own brexit white paper said so.

The bigger problem is probably our shitty newspapers that have spent the last 20 years and especially the last 3 grooming free thinking adults to believe all their failings in life were because of some bloke from eastern Europe they never met. Or alternatively some person from France or Germany who made a consumer protection law that they benefited from.

Do you live here ?

The EU have asked all along for the UK to come up with what we want. The only thing so far is what May has come up with. Which few seem to like. This 'deal' actually has little substance. I read it, skimmed, at the time and it has a lot of we'll do our bests and so on.

If the UK Parliament is sovereign how come they can't decide to leave the EU if they want? How come they are being asked to sign up to a backstop that will allegedly restrict their rights to govern their own customs in perpetuity? Will the UK Parliament be bound by the backstop?

1 country....Britain( part of which..England ..is the most hated in the World) versus 27 others...its quite bizarre in terms of it being a contest! As soon as we showed a desire ( well.. 52%) to leave...did we expect to be covered in Garlands of Orchids?
England is even hated by 70% of one of its own counties, Cornwall, which has its own flag and refuses to fly the Jack on many of its buildings!
We have to realise ...its only our Money they want...not us!

Don’t tell me, your house isn’t red.

I'm afraid not stan (yeah I know you aren't stan)...I actually thought he might have been an expat typing away in Rotterdam or something interesting.

I was going to ask him about the Impact of uncontrolled Immigration on public services and housing in the low countries.(just for starters) but that screams xenophobia to some on here I guess.

To say this country needs to Pull its Finger Out is a massive understatement......one of the first things a Brit is asked upon stepping off a plane in Florida is " Oh Hi there..you are Bridish ...gee really ?..do you know Dave BeckHAM ? " or " my Grandpop saw the Beedles in the Yankee Stadium".... Our Exports of Note from the latter half of the 20th Century!

Or was I just fed s##t as a kid ? Nothing was real...and...
Nothing to get hung about...strawberry fields forever...and all that!

What the Hell are we About now? What is the Countries Identity Card?
Why did my Dad waste 5 years of his life fighting Fascism?

Last edited:

;