Non - Brexit

no other organization in the world that takes money from it's members, redistributes some of it on certain projects, and enforces the publication of a plaque in the location

There are plenty of signs on the spur road promoting the decision makers.

Which is more influential?

The schoolchildren weren't eligible to vote so no influence on the referendum, the print media gives people what they want to read and helped dumb down the debate and promote scaremongering about immigration. Bit ironic given the tax efficient domiciles of the owners.

Universities are places that should exist solely for the purpose of teaching high levels of Science ,Math, Art and Economics etc.not as grooming stations filling Students heads with Extreme Political S##te! Strict discipline should be applied from the very top and in particular on these fartassed Lefty lecturers and little Right wing f##k- pig students that emerge from places like Eton! These people lay their garbage( often with sly subliminal methods) in front of impressionable young learners away from their families for the first time! I get plenty of feedback knowledge of this from Bristol and Birmingham unies.

Universities are places that should exist solely for the purpose of teaching high levels of Science ,Math, Art and Economics etc.not as grooming stations filling Students heads with Extreme Political S##te! Strict discipline should be applied from the very top and in particular on these fartassed Lefty lecturers and little Right wing f##k- pig students that emerge from places like Eton! These people lay their garbage( often with sly subliminal methods) in front of impressionable young learners away from their families for the first time! I get plenty of feedback knowledge of this from Bristol and Birmingham unies.

Well we can blame Tony Blair for rebranding all the Polytechnics as Universities and telling the country that 50% of kids should get a degree. Great way to slash the unemployment figures that was

edit: Though in all seriousness, academia does seem more lkley to attract those of a more left persuasion, I hate to say that maybe it come down to 'Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach' but it's not beyond the realms of possibility

There is definitely pro-EU propaganda in schools. My children have been sent home with EU booklets descibing how wonderful the EU is, these were paid for by the EU. The curriculum is also set up to always describe the EU in a positive light.

Yes the print media is in the main hostile to the EU but the BBC is fanatically pro EU. Which is more influential?

Disagree on one point, the EU didn't pay for those booklets the taxpayers did. The EU earns no money of its own it all started as ours.

The EU earns no money of its own

Equally true of any layer of local democracy from parish council to House of Lords.

Equally true of public services like medicine, education, police, armed forces.

Which should be disbanded ?

Public services are essential and as the word service implies they provide something useful which we are happy to pay for. They cannot in any way be compared to a bloated undemocratic self serving organisation like the EU.
As for local democracy well you can change your representatives at the ballot box. Who voted for that odious anti UK idiot Juncker.
The EU eurocrats like the House of Lords are unelected and no one would miss them if they disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow (I wish). Some however in the House of Lords have earnt their way there through service in industry and elsewhere and their knowledge and experience can be useful.

Last edited:
Youngsters are generally more open to extreme views, and get more mainstream as they get older.

I'm surprised you voted because of the farmers. I'd have thought they were doing quite nicely with all their subsidies. ;-)

Youngsters are generally more open to extreme views, and get more mainstream as they get older.

I'm surprised you voted because of the farmers. I'd have thought they were doing quite nicely with all their subsidies. ;-)

But farmers like to blame everything on the EU - whereas the "Free Market Economy" is what stuffed them - The supermarkets were freed up to buy what they wanted from who they wanted - and found suppliers from around the World who could produce and ship to the UK for less than the UK farmer could produce the same products.

But farmers like to blame everything on the EU - whereas the "Free Market Economy" is what stuffed them - The supermarkets were freed up to buy what they wanted from who they wanted - and found suppliers from around the World who could produce and ship to the UK for less than the UK farmer could produce the same products.

0% import tariffs they keep saying we will apply will hump them even more.

The Farming aspect is quite complicated.....Cornwall and Devon Farmers( not sure of the Hants/Dorset situation) have had far more problems than say Norfolk or Suffolk since the beginnings of the EU...whereas All of Britain's Fishermen have suffered.
Yes there are subsidies...but the Supermarket side of the equation has virtually nullified that....especially with Milk, a versatile product used in so many ways in our culture. Several Dairy Farmers in this area have even taken their own lives over the past Ten years.
Traditionally the Tory Party had looked after Farmers in the past...not this lot..unless the Farms are in Surrey/ Kent etc. Traditionally also..Farms were handed down from father to son..most of the sons are no longer keen to take over in this area, choosing totally alien professions. It remains to be seen if Brexit improves the situation...admittedly it's a gamble!

Just a few lines on the impending demise of Theresa May..if it goes against her ..like her or not she is 100% carrying the can for the Slimy Creep Cameron..in the same way Brown did for the Slimy Creep Blair!

Last edited:
Every so often I dip into this thread to see what's going on and sometimes there's a lot of vitriol but at the moment it seems to be a very sensible conversation. So well done everybody! :clap: but also just in case I've started something now .. :throw:

'Vitriolic' is the latest buzzword describing events.. Mainly Tv journalists using it to stoke things up... bringing the boiler to bursting point!
Newspaper Sales diminish by the year...so obviously they too are shovelling their best coal into the Furnace! Gadzooks.. I've read some Prime Firestorm today! Mrs May wants to watch her back..if John Lennon can get it for Singing Songs ..

Tom Brown Schooldays. Flashman.

Theresa May called on politicians to be "careful about language" they use after words directed at her over Brexit.

In an article in the Sunday Times, a Tory backbencher was quoted as saying: "The moment is coming when the knife gets heated, stuck in her front and twisted. She'll be dead soon."

The PM was also told to "bring her own noose" to a meeting later this week.

Mrs May acknowledged "passionate beliefs" on Brexit, but said those in public life should watch their words.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45938754

Farcical!
Brexit is a mix of Fawlty Towers and Rawhide. Basil chasing cattle round a field in Northern Ireland beating them with bits of tree. Wishbone put something in the coffee! ....
don't try to understand them
just rope n roll n brand em
soon we'll be living high n wide

Move em on
Head em up!

Basil !! BASIL !! Have you sorted that F##king Border out yet..I've got that bloody DUP woman dancing a wall of death back here in reception!

Rollin Rollin Rollin......keep those Froggies movin, though their disaprovin'.....

Last edited:
Farcical!
Brexit is a mix of Fawlty Towers and Rawhide. Basil chasing cattle round a field in Northern Ireland beating them with bits of tree. Wishbone put something in the coffee! ....
don't try to understand them
just rope n roll n brand em
soon we'll be living high n wide

Move em on
Head em up!

Basil !! BASIL !! Have you sorted that F##king Border out yet..I've got that bloody DUP woman dancing a wall of death back here in reception!

Rollin Rollin Rollin......keep those Froggies movin, though their disaprovin'.....

Nurse! - Someone has spiked BillMcgarrycherry's cornflakes with LSD this morning!!

It is only 10.15am - it is going to be a looooooooooong day!! :Do_O

Nurse! - Someone has spiked BillMcgarrycherry's cornflakes with LSD this morning!!

It is only 10.15am - it is going to be a looooooooooong day!! :Do_O

I'm on statins for cholesterol and some new ones for blood pressure...the doc told me to take them several hours apart..but I forgot this morning and took them together!
I might come off them now..as my health seems much better since I cut cheese and pastries from my diet!
Edit: I find it hard to take Brexit very seriously while it Remains ( no pun intended) just a Word! The longer it drags on and gathers more delays the more open it is to ridicule.:wack:

Last edited:

;