Non - Brexit

...can't wait for the film to come out on Netflix..."When Two Worlds Drift Apart"...

the soundtrack; (from my collection)

Should I Stay or Should I go? - The Clash

Walls Come Tumbling Down - The Style Council

Wasteland - The Jam

La Folie - The Stranglers

I Can't Breakaway - Tracey Ullman

With or Without You - U2

Bang & Blame - REM

Eve of Destruction - Bob Dylan

Ca Plan Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand

Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers

Games Without Frontiers- Peter Gabriel

Submission - The Sex Pistols

Giving It All Away - Roger Daltrey

State of Independence - Yes

Banana Republic - Boomtown Rats

Sorry to be pedantic but ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_of_Destruction_(song)

I think the question we should ask is what exactly do those four gain from Brexit on a personal level.

Never again being able to walk the streets without a minder?

With the situation is so confused in Tory ranks at present, may I suggest that some of them were actually Christmas cards?

Seems like whoever is in charge and say they restart the negotiations again with the EU, the Northern Ireland backstop isn't going to be surrendered apparently.
So unless parliament can reconcile themselves to that I'm not sure where we go from here.

I wonder how democratic the leavers will think we are if the Tories install an unelected prime minister.

Isn't what they're doing along the lines of having a vote for one thing and then a couple of years down the line deciding to have another vote, because over the past couple of years, with in light of what you now know,, you've realised that the decision was wrong?

Surely that's not democratic?

Tory party members had a vote, surely it's the will of the Tory people that they should carry on with May.
Forever.

Feels like an attempt to stall things and tick more of the clock down to March and the hardest brexit. If they can get the Tory party working away on sorting this out for a few weeks it won't be sorting out any final details on a withdrawal agreement. If the 48 feel this way they've probably felt like it for weeks or months, so the timing whilst May, Robbins and co were in Europe seems intended to be as awkward as possible.

So because 50% of the country don't like the direction of travel regarding the EU - we should just ignore them, bury our head in the sand, and carry on regardless? Because it's easiest and most convenient for the South East of England? You think that would be a long term sustainable status quo?

The backbone of the Brexit vote are not Tory voters, far from it in fact. They wanted a voice. It just so happened that the Tory's split over Europe gave them the oppertunity to express that voice.

That's the point. The Tories fault for making it a bigger issue than it was and ordering referendum.. I just hope the non Tory voters up north get want they wanted. But I doubt their lives will improve.

;