Non - Brexit

All parties have been fighting over Europe for decades, so hardly a Tory baby as such.

1974: Labour, under leader Harold Wilson, promises a referendum on whether to remain in the EEC in the party's election manifesto

1983: In their election manifesto, Labour, under leader Michael Foot, pledge to begin negotiations to withdraw from the EU "within the lifetime" of the following Parliament. Labour lose the election

2005: Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats all promise a referendum on whether to ratify the EU Constitution in their general election manifestos. France and the Netherlands reject the proposal in referendums

2008: Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg calls for an "in-out" referendum on UK membership of the EU.

April 2010: In their election manifesto, the Lib Dems pledge to hold an "in-out" referendum the next time there is a "fundamental change" in the EU's treaty arrangements

and so on..there's plenty of other dates, I just picked out a few to prove we have always been pretty damned unsettled in the EU and every party has made various threats to leave at some point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15390884

True - Hardly demonstrations outside Westminster though.

It has been rumbling on, I'd have preferred if they had concentrated on domestic issues a bit more that actually affect us rather than little EU rules that the MNM blow out of proportion.

It would also have been nice if someone had enforced the white paper guidelines on immigration, that we could have done within the EU directives, but couldn't be bothered to (Tony Blair this time I think). This seems to be conveniently forgotten about - perhaps immigration may then not have been such an issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-back-control-immigration-eu-directive-brexit

Just read on three separate sources that the 48 letters for a no confidence vote in the PM have been handed in.

There could be a vote already tonight.

Sorry, can't add the links as they are in apps and I don't know how to do a link with my new phone.

They replace May.........makes no difference to Juncker & co! They won't budge.
If it's Johnson ..they'll tie him up in knots....likewise any of the others that might step into the fray!
She knew the quality of the s ##t that waits in the wings.......so she carried on knowing full well they can't do any better.
The journalists are ' talking her out of office'....she could still have a shock in store for some!
If Johnson does become PM it's a No Deal surely!
Who then could predict anything other than the following dog fight between him and Corbyn or the mayhem that will build and build.
People educated at Eton are from a very young age trained to use the most underhanded methods of getting to the top of the pile. Problem is the enemies you make along the way!
The problem with Johnson is...he can switch without knowing himself from Intelligent to Thick on different days . He appears to be an ' action' man....but then so does Trump!
A worse outcome even than Johnson would be Mogg or Gove!!
The good news for Labour voters is......they can't possibly fail to win a General Election now.....whether it's Corbyn or not.
Then ...the problem becomes the Economy and Defence under Labour whether In or Out of the EU!
To say we need a new system of Government is an understatement and is the big issue going further into the 21st Century!
Tory and Labour are severely outdated ideas that have reached the end of their Use !

PM needs 158 votes - a majority of half all Tory MPs plus one - to win battle

So the will of the majority might not be respected, surely exit should mean exit.

After dozens of MPs triggered a vote of confidence in Theresa May's leadership, who can the prime minister count on for support?

The full picture will emerge this evening. Watch live on Sky News as voting takes place between 6pm and 8pm, with the result due at 9pm.

A Sky News analysis has revealed at least 107 Conservative MPs have publicly expressed their support for Theresa May. Among them are:

https://news.sky.com/story/mps-reveal-whether-they-support-or-oppose-pm-11578536

Bloody hell !! Didn’t take her long to start with the “ if you don’t vote for me you get Jeremy Corbyn “

Bloody hell !! Didn’t take her long to start with the “ if you don’t vote for me you get Jeremy Corbyn “

She might be right. The radio airwaves are full of people who will "never vote Tory again" so god knows how much damage this has done to them. Aren't you in that category?

Poor old Jezza must be crapping himself that he'll land it before brexit is sorted - surely the last thing he wants.

She might be right. The radio airwaves are full of people who will "never vote Tory again" so god knows how much damage this has done to them. Aren't you in that category?

Poor old Jezza must be crapping himself that he'll land it before brexit is sorted - surely the last thing he wants.

probably the last thing any sane person would want !!!!!!!!!!!!

Never say never but I’m in that category .This should have been done months ago .It was clear to everyone she was completely not up to the job .
Edited to say yeah she’ll probably still win and claim a mandate :arrghh:

....I say that May should call a General Election, step down and let Jacob Rees-Mogg take the Tory Party into the abyss...I would accept Corbyn for that in return!

I can see civil unrest and disorder on the horizon...how the hell did we ever hold together an empire??

The UK is a laughing stock of the world right now..and I am embarrassed to be British at the moment...

....I say that May should call a General Election, step down and let Jacob Rees-Mogg take the Tory Party into the abyss...I would accept Corbyn for that in return!

I can see civil unrest and disorder on the horizon...how the hell did we ever hold together an empire??

The UK is a laughing stock of the world right now..and I am embarrassed to be British at the moment...

Be embarrassed by our politicians and civil servants ,nothing else .

Heard this last night on Sky.

By Faisal Islam, political editor, in Berlin

UK officials have been warning EU27 nations that a "no-deal" Brexit places a high risk of financial disruption to their banks, Sky News understands.

It forms part of a move seen by some close observers as a perceived form of attempted leverage over the Brexit negotiation.

Dozens of banks, including some of Europe's biggest in Germany and France, have complex outstanding financial contracts, known as derivatives, notionally worth tens of trillions of pounds, operated through the City of London.

The bulk of them will mature after March 2019.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-risks-bank-crisis-from-no-deal-brexit-say-uk-officials-11578161

Be embarrassed by our politicians and civil servants ,nothing else .
...but we have to entrust someone to govern our country, and that seems to have gone well recently, I don't blame civil servants who are only carrying out the work of useless and self serving politicians in the main...

;