Non - Brexit

...but we have to entrust someone to govern our country, and that seems to have gone well recently, I don't blame civil servants who are only carrying out the work of useless and self serving politicians in the main...

I feel like the tail has been wagging the dog for some time now .

Think if 107 have said publicly they will back her and do that via the ballot box, with those that are left, she probably will get the numbers to stay as PM.

Below from the Independent.

When Winston Churchill, to everyone’s great surprise, lost the general election in 1945, at the end of the war than he had inspired the country to win, his wife Clemmie is supposed to have said that “it may well be a blessing in disguise.” Churchill replied, ruefully enough: “At the moment, it seems quite effectively disguised.”

The same goes for Theresa May and the vote of confidence. It is being treated with all the usual fevered excitement that, admittedly, a major news event deserves. And yet she will very likely win it, and do so comfortably, if not impressively. It will do her the world of good to refresh her mandate. A majority of one is in fact enough for her to carry on, and to claim her mandate to do so. It is how democracy works; she’s been a lame duck for ages, and, to borrow her phrase “nothing has changed”. In fact things may well have changed very radically for her greatest rival, Boris Johnson.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...rship-boris-johnson-brexit-tory-a8679231.html

Of course anyone like me..over 50 for example , don't know what the motherf##k we are talking about......we wernt born with a set of earphones embedded and a folder full of PC rules!
We were 50 already when we slithered out of our mothers and immediately handed a f##king spellchecker . We havn't had f##king Sex, a blowjobs a hairdo for a very nice man and a step - over is when we invaded the pitch!
I voted Leave because I have no regard for my grandchildren...
or so I was told yesterday by the woman cutting my hair!
7 of my grandkids voted Leave....3 voted Remain...

Of course anyone like me..over 50 for example , don't know what the motherf##k we are talking about......we wernt born with a set of earphones embedded and a folder full of PC rules!
We were 50 already when we slithered out of our mothers and immediately handed a f##king spellchecker . We havn't had f##king Sex, a blowjobs a hairdo for a very nice man and a step - over is when we invaded the pitch!
I voted Leave because I have no regard for my grandchildren...
or so I was told yesterday by the woman cutting my hair!
7 of my grandkids voted Leave....3 voted Remain...

I'm still fairly young, relatively speaking, but I absolutely can't stand this argument that the older generations are somehow less intelligent than the young, or they don't care about the economic damage because they're gonna pop it soon anyway.

Let's get one thing clear.

The EU is NOT the arbiter of human rights legislation.

Human rights are decided at the Council of Europe. by the European Court of Human Rights, which enforces the European Convention on Human Rights. This body pre-dates the EU (Council of Europe was formed in 1949) and, importantly, the two bodies are completely independent of one another.

Britain has not voted to leave and therefore will still be a member of the Council of Europe. Human Rights stay unaltered.

I find the ignorance about Europe and its institutions astounding. Does anyone fact check anything nowadays?

..................never,never,never shall be slaves !

Juncker is looking a Very Very worried man.....his body - language is resembling that of the chick that gatecrashed a fox cubs birthday party!

I’m hoping she wins 52-48 and she can say that the will of the Tory party is to do the exact opposite of what the 48 want.

Not sure why winning will change anything. Her brexit deal will not go through.

If she wins she can give the hardline brexiteers the finger; they can't put down another no confidence vote for 12 months.

Thus she can concentrate on winning over other hearts and minds on both sides of the house.

End of the day it would also make her pushing through a 2nd vote if all else fails, easier.

Not sure why the hard line Tories have fired the starting gun on a no confidence vote. Surely you only do it if you think you have a very good chance of winning - almost all pundits think they have virtually no chance.
I suppose it's not inconceivable in the murky world of politics that some May supporters have put letters of no confidence in just to provoke a ballot and when she wins it will strengthen her hand and stop any further ballot for 12 months. Nothing would surprise me any more.

;