Non - Brexit

The Romans, Vikings and Normans have shaped the country in many ways. We are mostly descendents of them. The real English, the Celts, all fled to Cornwall, Scotland and Wales.

The lies from the campaign have been revealed and the truth of what leaving means has become far more apparent.

Which lie was that?

The lie that voting leave would bring about an immediate recession...

OR the lie that if the referendum result was to leave the Chancellor would immediately bring in an emergency budget?

Both sides lied. Badly.

Acknowledge the lies of both, equally, or ignore them both.

Cherry picking only the lies which suit your argument makes you look a fool.

Actually the word english come from the angles. In those days it was generally the men who were killed of and the women taken so there is probably a little celt in every saxon. Interesting fact welsh is old Saxon for foreigner. Picts bretons cornish and welsh are the true britons. Scots angles, saxons and jutes are not.

Which lie was that?

OR the lie that if the referendum result was to leave the Chancellor would immediately bring in an emergency budget?

Both sides lied. Badly.

To be fair, Osborne didn’t stick around long enough to bring in the budget.

To be fair, Osborne didn’t stick around long enough to bring in the budget.

Yeah, despite spending years repeatedly telling us 'we're in it together' Gideon - his real name - chose to cut and run.

Being a liar is one thing. Being a liar who also runs away is something quite special.

Anyway, rather than fulfill his duty as Chancellor, he took on several new jobs simultaneously, including one day a week at a fund that's short selling on various aspects of the UK financially collapsing.

What a guy!

whatever your view on Theresa May and there are many people that are split over her attempts to lead the country...at least she hasn't cut an run like some of her colleagues who will be contesting the Tory Leadership over the next year. I just hope that The Labour Party can get themselves together and 'out' the two faced Conservative MP's who will be putting themselves up at the next General election!

Brexit will happen IMO, I can't see anyone really doing the right thing and taking another vote back to the populous over leaving The EU..I would suspect that we may get a deal that will be 'a little fluid' and allow EU to come out of it without losing face and The UK appearing to be admonished for daring to leave the club!

This country will not be dictated to by anyone.....we've had all that s##t from the Romans, Vikings, Normans and attempts by The Kaiser and Schicklegrubers boy to emulate them........no more will this Island take s##t from over the channel......No.....we are not having it from paper planes either! B#llocks are we !
Its about time people started respecting what our previous generations fought for and man up to these paper pushing weasals!
We only wanted to be in a ' common market' ....not to be Ruled!!! End of! For Christ sake Educate your kids on this!

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...-theresa-may-referendum-england-a8682276.html

Interesting read - about where we are in the world, and where we 'think' we are.

Brexit will happen IMO, I can't see anyone really doing the right thing and taking another vote back to the populous over leaving The EU..!

So the 'right thing' is another vote because you weren't happy with the result of this one ? My first laugh of the morning I guess before Mr positive returns on the Wolves thread .

As for the next election, without doubt Labour will win as there will be some kind of protest vote .

What a mess our country has become. Our main political parties are so divided over the Europe issue none are able to put together a cohesive set of policies to address the wider picture. Remainers feel the result of the referendum should be reversed and leavers seem to have taken on a winner takes all position and are not prepared to offer anything to appease the other millions who wanted to stay. What happened to tolerance, understanding and a desire to get along together ?
There are sinister forces at work in the background in both Labour and Tory camps and I can’t trust either of them to make a success of it when we do finally leave. Many of the European laws which were supposed to become ‘our’ laws the day after we leave have been conveniently left off the list, particularly those concerning the environment. In fact I heard one Tory say on the radio the other day that the environment is a brake on business. For God’s sake what sort of world does he want to live in with his big house and car ?
Up the Cherries.

So the 'right thing' is another vote because you weren't happy with the result of this one ? My first laugh of the morning I guess before Mr positive returns on the Wolves thread .

As for the next election, without doubt Labour will win as there will be some kind of protest vote .
It’s nothing to do with not liking the result. There are many people who liked the original result but are now seeing the mess we’ve put ourselves in. I realise the fear hardened leavers feel but the democratic thing to do is put May’s deal th the people (especially those who voted leave).

Which lie was that?

Both sides lied. Badly.

Maybe he means the lie that the outcome of the vote would be respected.

It’s nothing to do with not liking the result. There are many people who liked the original result but are now seeing the mess we’ve put ourselves in. I realise the fear hardened leavers feel but the democratic thing to do is put May’s deal th the people (especially those who voted leave).

This is nonsense. The only people that say this are people who want to change the result.

The only mess is how this has been handled, the negotiations and the infighting within the Tory party. As you said previously we are still in the EU. If you want to see a mess pop over the channel.

"Nothing to do with not liking the result", you're having a laugh. A peoples vote campaign that was started by the most ardent of remainers - political, business and celebrity - with the sole intention of reversing the result they abhored with every bone of their body. Talk about dishonesty.
Now if you really want to tear politics and this country apart, see proper civil unrest on the streets, and see lying and dishonesty that would make the first referendum look like childs play then go ahead and have a second vote. People should be very careful what they wish for.

Another thing about a peoples vote is that the MP's supporting it hope that a remain vote would take away all their responsibility to the country to take the difficult decisions and negotiate the leave deal. They see it as an easy way out for them where they don't actually have to do anything but leave it with the public. Bunch of lazy, lying shysters.

...the result was based on people being fed lies and misleading so called facts...so yes I would like another referendum..and I am not alone in that before you mock me red house!

We could have a party standing with the offer of another referendum in their manifesto?

...the result was based on people being fed lies and misleading so called facts...so yes I would like another referendum..and I am not alone in that before you mock me red house!

We could have a party standing with the offer of another referendum in their manifesto?

But the lies have been defined by people that want to overturn the result. You could do this with every single vote there ever was. It cannot be right that the government can promise the outcome of a vote will be respected then declare it was all based on lies after the event to force a different outcome. It is a fundamental aspect of democracy that the outcome of elections need to be respected.

;