Non - Brexit

There’s the rub , Billy. Nobody on this board has budged an inch in their views in 3 years. As a remainer, I could point out how slow our economy is growing and what happened to the Brexit dividend but a leaver will reply that Germany’s economy is slow, too and never the twain shall meet.
To use a favourite Remainer line trotted out whenever something good is in the news:
"but we haven't left yet" :grinning:
Of course if we leave with a deal (as I hope we do) we'll have to keep paying some level of dues.

Ho hum......
Not that the numbers really matter but more people voted for Brexit than anything else in this country’s history .

Irony bypass.

Meanwhile the 29 March and the democratic sufficiency gets closer.....

Amber Rudd says the increased use of food banks is partly down to problems in rolling out universal credit.
The work and pensions secretary said she was "absolutely clear there were challenges with the initial roll-out" of the benefit and that the difficulty in accessing money was "one of the causes" of the rise.
But she said the government had made changes to help tackle food insecurity.

Food bank operator Trussell Trust said it was a "promising" acknowledgement.

Universal credit has been plagued with problems since its inception in 2010.

The monthly payment merges six different benefits for working age people into one and has been subject to a gradual roll-out across the UK.

The system was supposed to be up and running by April 2017, but it has faced numerous delays and is now not expected to be fully operational until December 2023.

Research released by the Trussell Trust charity this month showed the use of food banks had increased by 52% in areas where universal credit had been in place for a year or more - compared with 13% in areas where it had not been.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47203389
' More people voted for Brexit than any previous event in our History.........and the majority of those voted to Come Out!

Food banks ? Food being Eaten...not wasted.. as in the European food ' mountains ' i.e. butter and other produce ..a problem that occurred for years after we joined the EU!

Alternate viewpoints.......always worth a punt!

There’s the rub , Billy. Nobody on this board has budged an inch in their views in 3 years. As a remainer, I could point out how slow our economy is growing and what happened to the Brexit dividend but a leaver will reply that Germany’s economy is slow, too and never the twain shall meet.

World economy is slowing which is highly coincidental I know but there you go. I still cannot get my head around the people on here who's only fallback is to continually argue about the result of the vote. I must admit I haven't watched the myriad of youtube links that have been thrust upon the thread, perhaps there was something constructive in there I missed but I doubt it.

Has anyone ever understood one of Jimnnina's posts?

What is the irony Jim?

I'm pretty sure that the point of his posts are to show that there are other, bigger problems away from the European Union that are not getting the attention they deserve. And to be fair, I don't disagree with him.

I also don't see them as reasons to remain in the EU though.

Voted to remain, Wife to leave. Son to remain. Heaven knows what will happen in the next few months.
In many ways I hope it's sorted soon, that they don't extend the time period beyond the 29th March.
..that we don't leave with a No-deal
..that if we do leave, that we break most of our ties with the EU.
Let's move on and make the best of it, whatever is decided. There are plenty of other things to resolve in this country whilst the MP's argue amongst themselves.

How is more measured if numbers dont matter?

The democratic deficiency if improved becomes a sufficiency .

It would be good to debate the post 29 march state of the nation in a soundbite free zone.

I'm pretty sure that the point of his posts are to show that there are other, bigger problems away from the European Union that are not getting the attention they deserve. And to be fair, I don't disagree with him.

I thought the same about his post. Jim often talks in riddles and you need to decipher them.

Then why not just say that? And what was the irony he/she was on about?

Personally I've never been a fan of whatabout arguments. It is possible to not be a fan of universal credit, or any other issue that one might think is important, and also have a view on brexit. Does bringing up unrelated topics add anything useful even when it's not done in a weirdly cryptic way?

Personally I enjoy Jim/Nina's post's, cryptic and questioning. I have to think about their one or two sentences, figure out what they're on about and if I understand it correctly do I agree or disagree : )
Looking at who has and hasn't changed their minds on here, they've contributed as much as the detailed links and lectures from the "couldn't disagree more" crowd : )

Personally I enjoy Jim/Nina's post's, cryptic and questioning. I have to think about their one or two sentences, figure out what they're on about and if I understand it correctly do I agree or disagree : )
Looking at who has and hasn't changed their minds on here, they've contributed as much as the detailed links and lectures from the "couldn't disagree more" crowd : )

I agree.

I am not sure of the contribution that Jim/Nina makes to the leave/remain debate, but s/he raises some very important issues that have to be addressed whatever happens after March 29th.

Keep on Crinting, Jim/Nina!

How is more measured if numbers dont matter?

The democratic deficiency if improved becomes a sufficiency .

It would be good to debate the post 29 march state of the nation in a soundbite free zone.

Your ' sounds' are not 'bites'.......they are a Multi- Course Meal !

How did we ever get by in life without these Soundbites ? :hmmm:

Thread of Brexiteers questioning Jim's responses but leaving Bill well alone because his crazy rants are firmly on their wavelength. Pretty standard.

Thread of Brexiteers questioning Jim's responses but leaving Bill well alone because his crazy rants are firmly on their wavelength. Pretty standard.

Jim’s “responses” vs Bills “crazy rants” ... was there ever more of an example of the pot calling the kettle black .

At least neither bring up the Mong lizard people ....as others have said there are things more important than Brexit ...like invasions from other planets .

Can only speak for myself but Jim appears to be trying to make a point whereas Bill's posts on this thread are complete nonsense. No offence Bill.

None taken Derek....but you yourself have asked whether anyone has ever understood any of JimnNinas posts.....and of course Derek we have to acknowledge that every single one your own posts, are highly intelligent and with a readable enjoyment factor of 100% and also never subjected to 20 minutes of detective scrutiny to get the drift!

Last edited:

;