Non - Brexit

What are their Interests ? (said in a Jimnnina stylie sort of way)

You see if one of my major benefactors had decided to jump ship then absolutely I would have a sad on. (I mean where else will they find £13 billion a year) and yes I would play hard ball to ensure no one else did.

However take that out of the equation and surely its in the best Interests of these countries to ensure that someone from the top table still wants to trade with them, visit them, spend money with them and the rest. I'm not saying this with any sort of sense of expectation as Rob appears to be implying, I'm saying it based on the current situation as it stands. This country spends a shed load of money abroad.

Tusk can say what he likes but I'm pretty damned sure they aren't all singing from his hymn sheet.
Once we leave, I don’t think we’ll be viewed as top table but more like attempted gate crasher.

Because his job is to look after the interests of the EU, not the interests of a country that wants to leave.

Shouldn't it be his job to look after the people and businesses of the EU rather than the EU as an institution? I think you are unwittingly proving the point that many of us have been making all along. His institution is undemocratic and is not run for the direct benefit of it's people.

Yes, the season ticket analogy concerns the benefits that membership of an organisation bestows and is directly related to memebership of the EU

You are talking about a question of employment. The UK is not an employee of the EU.
Hmmm, you’re using Derek logic now which makes it difficult to get into reasoned debate. You accept that we are not part of the team, just paying guests. I view it differently,

I do not understand to what you are referring to by "Derek logic" and ask you to desist if is a personal attack on myself or "Derek."

Stick to the arguments.

Surely, Britain pays, and is still paying, to be a member of the EU, therefore the country should be awarded the same rights, courtesies and benefits of any member.

You are talking about a person who is paid by an employee and then, effectively, goes on strike. The two scenarios are quite different. It is not relevant to Britain's membership of the EU.

Wasn't personal, just a response to your equally unhelpful "just Donald Tusk" comment. That wasn't a reasoned argument.

Indeed it was. Donald Tusk does not, and will not have, the backing of all the other 27 member states for his announcement that interferes in votes in the British Parliament.

I think it might be worth noting that Politics across the river, especially in France are in complete disarray too. We are not attempting to walk away from Paradise!
Its not really about The EU or the Nations that are In or Out of it.....it is about the careers and selective exotic bank 'accounts' of the main players first and foremost.....most of that is discussed behind the scenes.....
Deflective bulls#it about £ 39 million and such...thats just a few polite stats for Joe Public and Paulo the Peasant to peruse. The 'real stuff' between the 'IN the Loop' individuals and the Premier League Mafia will never be known by us. Putins boys will be around the ' parties ' too!
Mr Mogg tries so hard to transform that hang dog expression into something more grief stricken ! These guys are not what they seem and not necessarily representing what they know you think they represent!
The EU is very much a Giant Naughty Gentlemans Club !

I wrote, "Donald Tusk does not, and will not have, the backing of all the other 27 member states for his announcement that interferes in votes in the British Parliament."
ok, so no-one backs him etc... or did you mean some do, some don't? If so which ones.

And how does his announcement "interfere"? I'd argue it doesn't at all. It may try ad influence but it plainly doesn't interfere.

So who is capable of showing the leadership to achieve brexit is the big question that needs an answer.

Why do you keep asking me? I'm a labour voter who also voted remain. I asked you your view given that you keep posing the question but I just got loads of gibberish again.

Whatever happens over the next week or two, Theresa May's days as PM are numbered. I think it will do her health a lot of good if she quit too.
Let somebody else have a go.

;