Non - Brexit

Are there still 'divisions' in the Christian Faith....how quaint !...in 2021 ..all makes for a tidy existence...maybe we could ramp it up ..a bit more like the 'ol Shi'ite's and Sunni's out yonder - have a few massacres alongside canals..and push in the bodies.."get in there you unholy bums "...
- grab a handy Bish to say a few prayers so as to feel "a bit of compassion like 'bruvs innit" and head off to a picnic in the woods. Nice.

Can't remember which side I was at birth..I basically opted out of 'Religion' around the age of 15..best I check with mother..because I do know that it was a Catholic priesty bloke that ' read out some 'last rights thingy' when they thought I was nearly dead in Poole Hospital at 6 weeks old. He must have been 'on duty' that night... on 'All Faith Watch' That was at 2am...by 7am I was waking out of the coma...and im still here !
Im fairly sure I wasn't Catholic in the general way of things, because otherwise I'd have been 'divided' out of the dinner queue at school on Fridays...somink about Fish !!!
But all told..what a Load of Tosh !
"Shall we Abort...or not..oh 'ang on, best ask the wee girlie what she wants to do herself"....."oh sh*t we've scared her...she's buggered off down a backstreet !"
If I ever get told its compulsory to be one or the other for say..a licence to keep sheep as lawn mowers..I'll toss a bloody coin !

Thank heavens for your post Bill/Brian/OC
I was starting to think this thread wasn't about you <phew>

Catholic is a Latin word, meaning universal.

For some reason the church in Rome, doesn't quite see itself as unified with the Eastern Orthodoxies, who also have a Pope (father)
Have a search of the doctored photos of the Russian Patriarch (pope) of the Russian Orthodox Church - also Catholic but not Roman after the great schism(s) around a thousand years ago - and laugh at the disappearing £20,000 wristwatch. Such a shame the photo-editors missed the reflection in the table eh?

Suggesting that being a member of the church of Rome (nothing like a Holy Roman Emperor/Treaty of Rome) means that this in anyway confers some sort of divinity upon a bunch of greedy, grasping politicians, eager to snuffle deeper into the trough, sounds suspiciously like clutching at straws. The reality is, Germany and France would much prefer the British taxpayer to be funding the enormous bureaucracy, that is the EU and having British shoppers, keep the French farmer in the luxury, to which he has become accustomed.

Anybody who has spent a lengthy amount of time in Dublin, would know the Dubs mock the Yanks mercilessly for claiming to be Irish-Americans. The Dubs, as with rest of the world, consider the Americans to be American and not Irish/French/Scottish/African American etc.

But the greedy and grasping trough-snufflers in the USA, are just as keen to exploit anything they can to maintain their gravy-train on Capitol Hill, as the parasites in Brussels and Strasbourg.

As for the idea that a church, run for the benefit of the landowning wealthy in Europe, who put their second-born and third-born sons into said church over the centuries, shows a shocking lapse in memory, for those claiming that being Catholic, is a good thing. Every child in the country would have learnt the church was run for the landowners over the years.

The sausage debacle, is down to the Finance ministries of Germany and France, seeking a way to get their hands on British taxes and prevent British industry and agriculture, dishing out a walloping to their continental oppos.

Most of the pro-EU/anti-Brexit comments in this thread, are of the form, 4-legs-EU good, 2-legs-Brexit bad.

HMRC's own figures, for the 12-months to March 2021 show:

Imports from the EU to the UK, down 4%
Exports from the UK to the EU, up 14%
Exports from the UK to the Rest of the World, up 30%+

Edited to add
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/...atch-vanishes-up-orthodox-leaders-sleeve.html

Last edited:
Interesting conspiracy theory doing the rounds:

Why did David Cameron resign so suddenly ?

I think the explanation might be that he was operating with George Soros and Open Society London and that he had assured Mr Soros he would win the referendum. When he failed, he no longer had the confidence of Mr Soros or Open Society.

A hypothesis, but then David Cameron's major policies, except the referendum, were identical to George Soros' policies, including the Marriage Act 2013 and the removal of Colonel Gadaffi... and there's this..........

”In May 2017 the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACOBA) granted Cameron’s appointment as a Director of U2 Frontman Bono’s One Foundation which is also supported by Bill Gates and George Soros’s Open Society”

George Soros' Open Society London has apparently been pulling the strings of both main parties, and probably even the BBC, since the 1990s. Mr Soros tells us in his mission statement in precis....

''We leverage policy, legislation and political influence and build strong relationships with officials, politicians, NGOs and other actors''.

That's likely why virtually all major UK policies since 1997 and possibly 1990 are almost identical to George Soros' policies. It probably also explains why John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and David Cameron did not write about George Soros or Open Society London in their autobiographies.

Despite Mr Soros being linked to them all in various ways and spending at least $250,000,000 on Open Society London to get what he wanted politically in London since the 1990s.

Tony Blair also sold Mr Soros many UK state assets at very advantageous terms and prices, and of course he met privately with Mr Soros in New York in April 1996.

It's absolutely amazing how the individual who ''broke the Bank of England'' in 1992 went on, in effect, to pretty well rule the UK irrespective of which party was in power.

It looks likely that virtually all Mr Soros' policies were enacted in the UK since the 1990s, right down to Legal Net Zero 2019 where detailed research shows that billion dollar green investor George Soros' fingerprints, and money, are all over the underlying Conservative think tank report.

So this is a massive and constantly developing story as more and more evidence is discovered. With particular focus now on the extraordinary QinetiQ 31% sale 2003 through a tax haven involving a multi billion dollar contract apparently dropped into the deal on the day of sale by Mr Blair to a private equity fund in DC which employed Mr Major, where Mr Soros was apparently the star client!

Of all the organizations in the world, Mr Major and Mr Soros apparently were in the same private equity fund ! I wonder how and why that happened ?

Interesting conspiracy theory doing the rounds:

Why did David Cameron resign so suddenly ?

I think the explanation might be that he was operating with George Soros and Open Society London and that he had assured Mr Soros he would win the referendum. When he failed, he no longer had the confidence of Mr Soros or Open Society.

A hypothesis, but then David Cameron's major policies, except the referendum, were identical to George Soros' policies, including the Marriage Act 2013 and the removal of Colonel Gadaffi... and there's this..........

”In May 2017 the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACOBA) granted Cameron’s appointment as a Director of U2 Frontman Bono’s One Foundation which is also supported by Bill Gates and George Soros’s Open Society”

George Soros' Open Society London has apparently been pulling the strings of both main parties, and probably even the BBC, since the 1990s. Mr Soros tells us in his mission statement in precis....

''We leverage policy, legislation and political influence and build strong relationships with officials, politicians, NGOs and other actors''.

That's likely why virtually all major UK policies since 1997 and possibly 1990 are almost identical to George Soros' policies. It probably also explains why John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and David Cameron did not write about George Soros or Open Society London in their autobiographies.

Despite Mr Soros being linked to them all in various ways and spending at least $250,000,000 on Open Society London to get what he wanted politically in London since the 1990s.

Tony Blair also sold Mr Soros many UK state assets at very advantageous terms and prices, and of course he met privately with Mr Soros in New York in April 1996.

It's absolutely amazing how the individual who ''broke the Bank of England'' in 1992 went on, in effect, to pretty well rule the UK irrespective of which party was in power.

It looks likely that virtually all Mr Soros' policies were enacted in the UK since the 1990s, right down to Legal Net Zero 2019 where detailed research shows that billion dollar green investor George Soros' fingerprints, and money, are all over the underlying Conservative think tank report.

So this is a massive and constantly developing story as more and more evidence is discovered. With particular focus now on the extraordinary QinetiQ 31% sale 2003 through a tax haven involving a multi billion dollar contract apparently dropped into the deal on the day of sale by Mr Blair to a private equity fund in DC which employed Mr Major, where Mr Soros was apparently the star client!

Of all the organizations in the world, Mr Major and Mr Soros apparently were in the same private equity fund ! I wonder how and why that happened ?
Where's Vlad when you need him? And where is this from?

The prime minister's ire is reported to have been raised during his bilateral talks with French President Emmanuel Macron on Saturday morning.

Mr Johnson is said to have attempted to explain his frustration with the protocol by asking what Mr Macron would do if sausages from Toulouse could not be moved to Paris.

The French president was claimed to have responded by arguing the comparison did not work because Paris and Toulouse were both part of the same country, thereby suggesting Northern Ireland is not within the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-d...s-amid-northern-ireland-protocol-row-12331428

The prime minister's ire is reported to have been raised during his bilateral talks with French President Emmanuel Macron on Saturday morning.

Mr Johnson is said to have attempted to explain his frustration with the protocol by asking what Mr Macron would do if sausages from Toulouse could not be moved to Paris.

The French president was claimed to have responded by arguing the comparison did not work because Paris and Toulouse were both part of the same country, thereby suggesting Northern Ireland is not within the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-d...s-amid-northern-ireland-protocol-row-12331428
But not the same country.

;