Non - Brexit

How's about a bit o' good 'ol Brexy droning today then ?....keep the thread buoyant for a bit longer..
Some voted Leave without even knowing about the Bus Thingo...they had waited for Years to Vote ..Out..!!! Oot !!! Owt Bach !! Iyt (NI) !!!

Went shopping earlier...missus commissioned me to pick up some Atora dough mix... but... found none on the shelf in Co - Op..
"Brexit ? " asked my inquisitive self to staff.

"Nope" sez a little Co - Op lady.

"Covid ?"

"Nope"

"Well what then ?.. we're 'avin some Stew..I wants me dumplin's..
..Some other supply problem then...lorry broke down ? "

" Nope.. twas my fault mister...i forgottid to put fuggin Atora on the order list din I "...

"Is you one of them Remainers..or a Leaver..my bird ? "

"Nope"... I be Cornish - didn't vote an' didn't care a sh*te one way or the other " said the diddy dumplin' bird .

Buggered if i'm 'avin stew wivvout dumplin's!
Missus is ordered to rejig the menu.

Not sure I believed the aforementioned ' diddy dumplin' bird .so I is gonna ' lorry' my MP !

You voted remain so that M&S can have stores in France?

M&S spent years trying to get their food stores back in to France.
Probably only been back up and running for 10 years or so.

Damn red tape by the EU rh?
Or a poor oven ready deal?

M&S spent years trying to get their food stores back in to France.
Probably only been back up and running for 10 years or so.

Damn red tape by the EU rh?
Or a poor oven ready deal?

Not quite the question I asked? I just doubt many remainers voted so that M&S could have stores in France. So why is it a good point to prove that brexit isn’t going well?

Not quite the question I asked? I just doubt many remainers voted so that M&S could have stores in France. So why is it a good point to prove that brexit isn’t going well?
I'm guessing that many remainers voted so because they wanted to see British businesses thriving in Europe.

You voted remain so that M&S can have stores in France?
Was curious what might be 'trending' here.

It's somewhat irrelevant now how anyone voted, or why, especially with the Pandemic.

From personal experience I can see it negatively impacting UK jobs because exports are down in my sector and would guess this negatively affects UK jobs at M&S but equally we seem to have record levels of job vacancies across all sectors. Snakes and ladders.

Too easy to pick out stand alone headlines, but it's going to take a dozen more years before someone will be able to be able to summarise the winners losers and net effect, and even then think the lasting effect will be the immeasurable effect on how we view ourselves and others. To use football parlance, we are barely in the first 5 mins of this game to start judging if our tactics are right.

Lovely heartening bit about 'Red Wall Grannies' in the standard last night- Regarding a Tory remarking about a public meeting up north in one of the new Tory areas.

'One Red Wall MP tells me he recently held a coffee morning for 50 ladies in their seventies. “I thought we’d talk about lots for things. Every single one of them only wanted to know what the Government was doing about the small boats.” He adds: “Free movement was a big reason why so many Labour voters crossed over to us. When they see hundreds crossing the Channel illegally every day, they want to know why on earth they bothered.”

The powerful new Tory WhatsApp group pushing Red Wall interests | Evening Standard

Quite simply...many of us voted Leave...so we could get back to running our own affairs.
We maybe thought the original ' Common Market ' concept was a goer and worth voting for....but how things developed long term with jerks like Verhofstadt telling us..US ..WE ..GREAT Britain ! . what to do...and ratcheting up banal and crazy paperwork and trivial rulings ...took us to a point where something had to be done..a big change....Matey Cameron shoved it in front of us.. So there ya go Kevin's and Karen's.. we is where we are....ya don't f√ck with a disgruntled British Public.

Klara Hitler's wee laddie tried that...we gave that bugger shellfulls of rusty nails ...and leathered Napper' Bonaparte's scawny @rse previously...

Last edited:

;