Non - Brexit

I suggest you read it again. It's the UK and USA building nuclear power subs for Australia.
True, but the Aussies want them a lot quicker than the French had agreed to. Thats why they have done the US/UK deal. There is also a lot more to the deal with sharing of technology and information between the 3 allies. Reading between the lines its a deal designed to send a clear message to China who have been making all sorts of noise against Australia lately.

I suggest you read it again. It's the UK and USA building nuclear power subs for Australia.
As a starting point. Intended to broaden into a sharing and developing of technology across a whole range of defence areas.

Al with his background will know that it's an industry the UK are significant in, although I know its not everyone's cuppa tea.

BAE over at Christchurch will be doing cartwheels right now I imagine.

What happened to make you hate the UK so much? Looks very much like an Australian led deal from what I've read.

What I hate?
Short version.
Due to covid, until this week I have been unable to return to the YUK for 22 months.
I have read, researched and double checked stories over that time how things are declining in all aspects ts of the UK.

Some have agreed with those stories, others gave denied them, giving the impression that all is well post Brexit, and the UK is doing so well.

After 4 days here, I have seen for myself, there are gaps in the food delivery chain, there is rotting crops around, the high street is crumbling, as are the roads, there are more homeless in the town centre than ever before.

That's the short version. Can't be bothered to type on a phone a huge reply.

Also, the UK is again the European covid champion spreader for the 4th month running.
If it wasn't for a commitment on Sunday, I would book a early trip back.

What I hate?
Short version.
Due to covid, until this week I have been unable to return to the YUK for 22 months.
I have read, researched and double checked stories over that time how things are declining in all aspects ts of the UK.

Some have agreed with those stories, others gave denied them, giving the impression that all is well post Brexit, and the UK is doing so well.

After 4 days here, I have seen for myself, there are gaps in the food delivery chain, there is rotting crops around, the high street is crumbling, as are the roads, there are more homeless in the town centre than ever before.

Also, the UK is again the European covid champion spreader for the 4th month running.
God, you must have been busy to do all that hands on research in 4 days.
:wave:

It’s true, the let it rip strategy has seen the UK lead with new cases unsurprisingly. However due to the % of those vaccinated it doesn’t top hospitalisations or ICU cases. France actually leads the way in Europe for people currently in hospital with covid.

You could adjust it to compare per million, but that’s Spain top and France in second.

ICU that’s also France top ahead of Spain and Germany. Adjusted to compare per million and it’s Spain, France, Israel, Belgium…

What I hate?
Short version.

Lol, which fields did you go look at in your four days?

We've got loads of problems in this country it's true but tbh your post still reads as you having an irrational dislike of the place. Apparently it's because we're all bigots that people look at us this way nowadays. People who don't have a keen sense of irony that is.

What I hate?
Short version.

I get the impression you're trying to justify you made the right choice in abandoning the UK. Confirmation bias at its best I expect. Coupled with your constant doom and gloom about AFCB over the years leads me to believe you may be a pessamist, sorry 'realist'.

I'm sure life in France is a bed of roses...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_France

A couple of Brit Dits :

1. Generally speaking people outside of Submarines...outside of the Armed Forces... do not understand the full range of duties and uses that submarines are built for. Protection of Brit Citizens , Cities, Country and Coastline...Sea Trade Routes /Our Shipping.

2. We have millions of Fertile Fields. We can Grow Stuff - staples like Spuds...Carrots....Cabbage.

We have Moo Cows and for Meat and Milk...Cheese.

Piggies for Pork.

Cornwall will make as many Pasties as there are people.
West Country Orchards for Apples and Pears.

Scottish Raspberries and Haggis are rarin' to go outside of Scotland.

We have Ports...we can take in Bananas and other nutritious fruits from further afield than Spain...to supplement our Diets.

We don't need to get food from Europe...and we certainly don't need their Wine....Chile, Australia and SA...have loads of it!

We have superbly adept Fishermen.. and enough sea around us to get that industry back up and running...to match any Nation !

OK ..We need to get ALL of our population off their fat @rses and into overalls...WORK !
Build Ships.. Fill em up with spare produce...send spuds and carrots to spudless and carrotless zones..make money from our Labour ( then the Labour Party would have a better Purpose)....and bring in anything we cannot grow enough of due to climate.

We can do more Technology - we have people with intense and intricate brains !
Top grade Universities !
Build more Ships.
Get the ALL the bloody Ports working to a high capacity - get this Seafaring Nation back to what it was good at. Trading with the Whole World !
Less of the Snowflake...more Go Make !

I get the impression you're trying to justify you made the right choice in abandoning the UK. Confirmation bias at its best I expect. Coupled with your constant doom and gloom about AFCB over the years leads me to believe you may be a pessamist, sorry 'realist'.

I'm sure life in France is a bed of roses...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_France

We can exchange websites all night.
I see what I see.
The eyes don't lie, but people do.
Some will never admit Brexit was a bad idea, even if the country folds in to it's own sewers, and their bank accounts are sucked dry.

Good luck, you reap what you sow.

We can exchange websites all night.
I see what I see.
The eyes don't lie, but people do.
Some will never admit Brexit was a bad idea, even if the country folds in to it's own sewers, and their bank accounts are sucked dry.

Good luck, you reap what you sow.
I feel sorry for you if Frexit ever happens.

;