Non - Bury FC

“phoenix club”

*shudders*
I know DJ - it's not that many years ago I was traipsing round the area with a couple of others looking at sites to play, Leagues we could join, operating budgets and ground requirements and likely costs. Wessex League at Chapel Gate could have been our possible fate. Still it has worked really well for Wimbledon and not too badly for Aldershot. Poor old 'Darlo' seem to be 'becalmed' a bit at the moment though.

Phoenix club seems the only solution. Steve Dale is clearly a shyster - he wants £2.7m in donations from the public to save the club. Even if a takeover does go through, it’s only going to be a bailout for him. The football creditors and taxman still need to be paid plus I believe a 25% CVA. It’s difficult to see anyone taking on that debt.

I see the owner is trying reflect by saying the puvlic should donate to the club, not him. If money not raised, he'll no doubt say it wasn't his fault!

I know DJ - it's not that many years ago I was traipsing round the area with a couple of others looking at sites to play, Leagues we could join, operating budgets and ground requirements and likely costs. Wessex League at Chapel Gate could have been our possible fate. Still it has worked really well for Wimbledon and not too badly for Aldershot. Poor old 'Darlo' seem to be 'becalmed' a bit at the moment though.

Remember it all too well, absolute clusterf... of a time. Ego’s coming out the shadows never seen since. Various splinter groups all with their own ideas of the future, all chasing a fairytale.

Ironically the fairytale was with the current club all along.

Unfortunately don’t see a happy ending for Bury.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if/hope that supporters from the long list of clubs that are being shafted look at what has happened at AFCB and think "there is hope; that could be us in 10 years."

I know plenty of fans in the top two divisions really don't like us because we're tinpot upstarts, but I like to think that other 'little' clubs supporters are with us when they see the results at 5 o'clock on a Saturday.

I know Wigan 'bought' success, but I always looked for their results when we were shite and they were Premier League.

I see the owner is trying reflect by saying the puvlic should donate to the club, not him. If money not raised, he'll no doubt say it wasn't his fault!

Does he mean go and support the club?

Last season as they were chasing promotion in a ground with a capacity of 11,840 their gates were:

March 2nd - 4,277
March 30th - 3,977
April 2nd - 3,386.
April 13th - 3,898.
April 22nd - 4,407.
May 4th - 6,719.

Honestly, the FL are so culpable here it's a disgrace. No fit and proper person test on a person buying a club for a pound who has a long and public track record of taking companies into liquidation. Now that individual is demanding close to a million to relinquish his vulture-like clasp from the club.

Every club can end up with a **************** owner who doesn't know how to budget. Just because the last guy was an idiot that ran up big debt, how can the EFL justify letting anyone take over with no checks?

Sadly towns like bury and Darlington are struggling at present in contrast to areas like Wimbledon so I expect limited funds to help re-float clubs. Football clubs are even more vital for areas like that for local identity and community schemes.

Sadly towns like bury and Darlington are struggling at present in contrast to areas like Wimbledon so I expect limited funds to help re-float clubs. Football clubs are even more vital for areas like that for local identity and community schemes.
Is Bury a struggling town? I’ve always thought of it as a fairly wealthy place. I’d have thought it was close enough to Manchester to survive the worse of any downturn. I think the main issue is lack of interest in a football team with so many more attractive options

Is Bury a struggling town? I’ve always thought of it as a fairly wealthy place. I’d have thought it was close enough to Manchester to survive the worse of any downturn. I think the main issue is lack of interest in a football team with so many more attractive options

Always looked a bit of a shithole every time we visited but that's not really an indicator of a clubs fortunes. (Apparently more than a third of Bury's kids live in poverty according to their local rag) so yep probably a struggling town.

Best of luck to them.

;