Non - Bye Bye Theresa

Good god! How could you possibly suggest that this mess is anything other than the Tories civil war destroying their party and taking the country with it?

To blame Labour for this takes some mindbending leaps of logic.
I wasn’t blaming them for it at all.

Well its Labour’s job to oppose. The lack of effective opposition and clarity in their policy ought to have made life easier for the Tories

They undermined the process at every turn, even though they weren't physically involved in it until May let them. I still felt she was calling their bluff by sitting down with Corbyn and so it transpired.

I would give half the blame to Labour for just sitting back and being totally negative!
Half the blame to the conservative and unionist party, half to the labour party and 100% of the blame to ukip and the brexit supporters who have put self interest before national interest.

Reactions: drd
As much as people might like Labour I don't think they should be given credit for the way Brexit is going.
It was the Tories who chose TM unopposed, most of them knew what type of person she is. They chose her to handle Brexit, they either over estimated her or under estimated the EU.
The snap election, not Labour's decision.
Her government were found in contempt of Parliament, from what I understand a very rare occurrence.
2 of the 4 biggest Parliamentary defeats in history.
Over 100 Tory MPs voting against their leader in a vote of no confidence.
As far as I know none of the ERG or the 36 ministers who resigned from her cabinet are Labour MPs
She only wanted help from parties who would help her cling to power for a price.
As I say, I think the "natural party of power" should take all the credit for the bang up job they've done ( not just Terri May) : )

The WHOLE or maybe 90% of the blame lies with the Medieval 17th Century Aligned DUP !
Interfering in OUR politics whilst ignoring their own by not attending the devolved Parlaiment they had been given in good faith!
Had they not interfered we would have had Brexit sewn up with a deal acceptable to most of Britain......buggered up due to a silly border separating Irish from....IRISH!
10% of the Blame could be apportioned to TM for allowing the bastards to
manipulate her!

The WHOLE or maybe 90% of the blame lies with the Medieval 17th Century Aligned DUP !
Interfering in OUR politics whilst ignoring their own by not attending the devolved Parlaiment they had been given in good faith!
Had they not interfered we would have had Brexit sewn up with a deal acceptable to most of Britain......buggered up due to a silly border separating Irish from....IRISH!
manipulate her!
Woah! Slow down Bill. They were invited to interfere in our politics by a leader who had lost her majority and they are probably entitled to a parliament without us interfering.

Woah! Slow down Bill. They were invited to interfere in our politics by a leader who had lost her majority and they are probably entitled to a parliament without us interfering.
But they were not sitting in that entitled Parlaiment..it was Shut down!.. after petty internal differences involving Sein Fein due to ongoing historical hatred......they then got involved in Ours instead.
They were invited , yes...I made reference to that by saying TM allowed them to ...and she thereafter was manipulated.
The person taking over will have decide how to handle that situation as part of any solution so what I or you think about TM becomes pointless!

manipulate her!

This.

For once, Bill has had a moment of absolute clarity. :grinning:

:bow:

Closely followed by May going for that snap election in the first place.

"Strong and Stable".

I hope she wakes up in the night screaming.

Perhaps my original comment should have been 'equal' rather than 'half' blame to Labour.

This parliament (all 650 MP's) is a shambles and a disgrace to the country and has become a laughing stock here and around the world.

Thank God for the industries, public services, large firms, small firms, individuals outside of Westminster who will keep this country going no matter what comes out of the current fiasco.

What Theresa Did.....a book title?

Well ..whatever she did or didnt do...there were plenty of other things going on, much of which we will not have access to! That wont change...

Mays failings will be rivalled by the next series of f#ck ups already germinating by the mere fact that its not the countries future foremost in the minds of those competing for the chalice.....they will assume its poisoned....and will just carry on putting party and personal ambition first!
It could well be that the EU is not actually important to them ...only Them is!
I read many books, stories with political/war backdrops and masses of non fiction from the Library and Online to fill in the gaps and get some understanding of what was real in history ..the Big Picture always being the goal.....currently its Prague Spring by Simon Mawer.
Like others have pointed out ..'black and white' doesnt figure.....it didnt with May ...and it wont with Who is Next.
Power and Greed ...the Prime Mover.... the Prime Minister is a Tiny Cog among many bigger ones! ... Prime Minister..an Outdated Concept ?

We see Power and Greed so transparently in the Football World......the TV News and enthusiasm surrounding Celtic FCs yearly Harvest Festival Feeds into it so Gushingly!

Nothing has changed ! Politicians have always been in it for selfish reasons ..the ones that are in it for service or duty never usually get past being on the parish council .
There has been one massive change though and politicians of all colours can’t get to grips with it and that’s the internet .Just like the upheavals when the first printing press was invented the people are talking and the elites have been found out .

I don't believe most politicians are just "in it for themselves". I actually think they go in it to try and make a difference. But its a virtually impossible job, in an antiquated system, in a declining country.

I don't believe most politicians are just "in it for themselves". I actually think they go in it to try and make a difference. But its a virtually impossible job, in an antiquated system, in a declining country.
I wish I had your faith. I fear the likes of Johnson, Duncan-Smith, Rees-Mogg, Cameron et al couldn't care tuppence about the lives of ordinary folk. They go to public school, study politics , learn how to gain power, cling to power and tread all over anyone who gets in their way.

I wish I had your faith. I fear the likes of Johnson, Duncan-Smith, Rees-Mogg, Cameron et al couldn't care tuppence about the lives of ordinary folk. They go to public school, study politics , learn how to gain power, cling to power and tread all over anyone who gets in their way.

don't get me wrong, most of the tories are absolute scum!

;