Non - Cheap Hotels/B and Bs

table

UTC Legend
Hi everybody, as most of you probably know I spend virtually all of my time looking after the "Good Lady". We have funding so 3 or 4 of times a year she can go into a nursing for respite and I get a break from the usual routine. Unfortunately it's been getting increasingly difficult to find a suitable home locally and the last time she went, the care was so poor I had to bring her home after 2 nights. The upshot is, she can have the care at home, so I can spend a few nights away. Obviously, I don't have a massive budget so I need recommendations for cheap hotels or B and Bs. Anywhere in the local area will do, so long as I can get something with chips and a couple of pints in the evening : )

I use Airbnb, usually great accommodation all over the world.
I am actually using it now down in Diani, a lovely cottage with a pool for just £30 per day.

how about a youth hostel? some great ones around

Thanks for the replies, they've been very helpful. I've been able to get a few nights in Bournemouth for under £25 per night : )
I had never thought of Youth Hostiling but having checked their website and it's under consideration : )

The response I've had to this thread has been very heartening. Not only the advice but a couple of offers of a room from people on here. What's even more surprising is, they're people who have already met me : ) It's restored some of our faith in human nature after we've been getting a bit of a battering for Social Services. It's also confirmed that this club and message board has some wonderful human beings amongst it's supporters : )

Anyway, enough of this mushy-gushy nonsense and back to Brexit, Bellends and the merits of 0-1 home defeats : )

Just had a word with the "old trout", we still have that spare bedroom (free of charge), will even chuck in a few free meals - problem is that it will be my cooking!!

Thanks for the kind offers everyone, it really is more than I expected. If the trial run is successful in a couple of weeks, I'll take some of these kind offers up ( then you'll be sorry )

Couldn’t we have a whip round and get the good lady Table somewhere really flash for a couple of nights?
What do you think Tony?

It's a fantastically generous idea Gary but unfortunately the problem stems from us not being able to find anywhere "bling" enough for the Good Lady. There's a myriad of reasons, she needs a Nursing home not a Care home, they have increasing numbers of dementia residents ( and as I find to my cost, she still has all her faculties ). It has become more difficult to find a suitable Home to take her just for a week. Added to that, the last time she went was to a sparkly newish one, which was such a disaster I had to bring her home after 2 nights, in floods of tears (and she was pretty upset as well) : )
We're now trialling, her staying at home where everything is set out to meet her every whim and fancy with someone coming in to "skivvy" for her : ) Whilst I go and live La Vida Loca, Poundland style. : )

Once again, thanks for all the interest shown and offers made on this thread. It genuinely has warmed the "cockles" of a couple of Cherries fans. Great fans, great club. : )

Ps, Hillview's right, no kissing not even hand holding, until we've been formally introduced to each others parents : )

;