Non: Chelsea: double jab or -ve test for home games.

Wikipedia is right up there with Facebook memes.

A good introduction to Tess Lawrie and Ivermectin.
I like John Campbell too – he seems very fair and balanced.

Ivermectin is an interesting one. Has been linked with very successful treatment (and some studies say prevention) of serious COVID cases in many countries (Mexico and Indonesia and possibly India IIRC) yet many authorities have either outlawed it or withdrawn it. In some countries death rates plummeted while using it then rose rapidly when it was withdrawn. It has been around for years and is generally very safe to use.
I can understand the rush to vaccinate and the race between big pharma companies to find a vaccine and I do applaud the huge success achieved in that area (I am no Anti Vaxxer by any means), but I do wonder if the world missed a trick or two with existing cheap anti virals.

Ivermectin is an interesting one. Has been linked with very successful treatment (and some studies say prevention) of serious COVID cases in many countries (Mexico and Indonesia and possibly India IIRC) yet many authorities have either outlawed it or withdrawn it. In some countries death rates plummeted while using it then rose rapidly when it was withdrawn. It has been around for years and is generally very safe to use.
I can understand the rush to vaccinate and the race between big pharma companies to find a vaccine and I do applaud the huge success achieved in that area (I am no Anti Vaxxer by any means), but I do wonder if the world missed a trick or two with existing cheap anti virals.
The problem with Ivermectin is that no one owns the patent, so no one can cash in. Additionally the vaccination programme would lose its emergency status if there was another existing treatment.

It all comes down to money, as always. Unfortunately nothing beats the Pharma lobby so they'll poison the well for as long as they can. Anyone remember the $2 billion fine that Pfizer had to pay because they were bribing Doctors to publish fake studies?

A recent example is the current Oxford trial of Ivermectin. It has been designed to fail. The participants are being given the medicine at too low a dosage and, if I remember rightly, two weeks after they tested positive.

This could be over within weeks if Ivermectin were rolled out. It is highly effective as a preventative medicine, as treatment and it has also been found to help with long covid.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Ivermectin is that no one owns the patent, so no one can cash in. Additionally the vaccination programme would lose its emergency status if there was another existing treatment.

It all comes down to money, as always. Unfortunately nothing beats the Pharma lobby so they'll poison the well for as long as they can. Anyone remember the $2 billion fine that Pfizer had to pay because they were bribing Doctors to publish fake studies?

A recent example is the current Oxford trial of Ivermectin. It has been designed to fail. The participants are being given the medicine at too low a dosage and, if I remember rightly, two weeks after they tested positive.

This could be over within weeks if Ivermectin were rolled out. It is highly effective as a preventative medicine, as treatment and it has also been found to help with long covid.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

I know I'd get (fairly) dug out for the Wiki link but it's not a great sign when you search either of those doctors or "ivermectin covid" and you get punted to a conspiracy theory page and a lot of untrustworthy websites.

The problem with the video you link is its like watching the Joe Rogan podcast you get single side of the story piling up what you can only assume is trustworthy evidence and if you don't watch it with a heavily skeptic mindset

For example it sounds like a lot of the ivermectin analysis is heavily weighted by a now withdrawn study which had a massive sample size.

I know I'd get (fairly) dug out for the Wiki link but it's not a great sign when you search either of those doctors or "ivermectin covid" and you get punted to a conspiracy theory page and a lot of untrustworthy websites.

The problem with the video you link is its like watching the Joe Rogan podcast you get single side of the story piling up what you can only assume is trustworthy evidence and if you don't watch it with a heavily skeptic mindset

For example it sounds like a lot of the ivermectin analysis is heavily weighted by a now withdrawn study which had a massive sample size.
Yes, I understand your suspicion but bear in mind (like @redharry said), this has been used in lots of places worldwide and the results have been dramatic.
It is in Pharma's best interest to dilute this information from getting out.

The Dark Horse podcast (Dr Bret Weinstein) has been doing some great work with regards to this. There are some good people out there trying to right the wrongs. Please have a listen.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings.
Have a good week and UTC.

;