Non - Cost of Living

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Bloody nightmare isn’t it and today more bad news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60234732

Petrol prices through the roof. 22 months ago it was less than £1 a litre, now £1.47. Wages not increasing enough

Pasta 25% increase
Butter 27% increase
Milk 24% increase

It seems, and I’m happy to stand corrected it’s those that aren’t entitled to any universal credit that are struggling the most, those who receive financial benefits are entitled to more help whilst those on lower salaries are not and struggle to make ends meet.

Talk that energy companies may loan you £200 if you apply for it but, of course, you’ll have to pay this back overtime.

Petrol prices through the roof. 22 months ago it was less than £1 a litre, now £1.47. Wages not increasing enough

Pasta 25% increase
Butter 27% increase
Milk 24% increase

It seems, and I’m happy to stand corrected it’s those that aren’t entitled to any universal credit that are struggling the most, those who receive financial benefits are entitled to more help whilst those on lower salaries are not and struggle to make ends meet.

Talk that energy companies may loan you £200 if you apply for it but, of course, you’ll have to pay this back overtime.

You will be pleased to read this, is he your MP?

Sky

Key timings today

It's going to be a busy day today, with a focus on cost of living. So here's a look at the key timings...

11am - Ofgem to announce its new energy price cap - expected to be set as high as £2,000 per household.

11.30am - Chancellor Rishi Sunak to make a statement in the Commons setting out how he will help people deal with the rise.

12pm - Bank of England expected to announce its decision on interest rates, widely expected to be an increase in interest rates from 0.25 per cent to 0.5 per cent.

5pm - According to POLITICO's London Playbook, the chancellor will hold a televised news conference at this time.

Pasta 25% increase
Butter 27% increase
Milk 24% increase

Very concerning. The sales of fleece blankets, hot-water bottles and onesies will certainly increase!!

Tomlinson has been my MP since 2015. In his election promises that year he said he would do something about the"shameful lack of provision for residential mental healthcare for teenagers and young people in Dorset".

What has he achieved?

The sum total of bugger all

I have written to him about this a couple of times, and received a standard "my colleague the minister for health has big plans for..." blah blah blah

The only good MP in my lifetime was Annette Brooke - she at least tried to do something for the constituency

Tomlinson is a whip - he imposes the party line on his colleagues.

£150 council tax rebate in April for most people. £200 energy "discount" to be repaid at £50 a year over 5 years!! Like this is going to really help people...

Keep borrowing and printing money to help people today, and make their earnings worth less tomorrow. Tomorrow will be someone else's problem.

Where does UK gas come from?

The UK continues to produce gas but its output has been steadily decreasing over the past 20 years, with more than half of its gas now imported.

Natural gas piped from the North Sea and the East Irish Sea to refineries on land makes up 44% of the UK’s gas production.

Around 47% of the UK’s gas supply now comes from across Europe - predominantly Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, and Russia - through long distance pipelines.

While 9% of the UK’s gas is imported as liquid natural gas transported around the world in tankers at temperatures below -160C by ship, mainly from Qatar.

https://www.nationalworld.com/lifes...nd-if-theres-a-gas-shortage-explained-3391351

Will Russia-Ukraine tensions push up UK gas bills?

Not directly. The UK sources very little of its gas from Russia - less than 5%, in fact.

However, that is not the case for the EU, which gets about half of its gas from there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58637094

Last edited:
Very disappointed but not surprised that the VAT on energy bills has not been cancelled. Regwadless of who benefits it is morally wrong and what is the point of taking back control on VAT if the Government do not use it. Lots of other wasted money woud more than compensate.

The Green levy is also morally wrong Joe Public financing big land owners and big corprations, who already benefit from the sale of energy. The Governmnent shoud be helping the public not big business yet again.

I hope Martin Lewis leads a call to arms someone has to suport the public.

;