Non - Cost of Living

what about starmer, what's his opinion on, well, anything really?

:LOL::LOL:
He won't express an opinion on anything he doesn't have to until just before the next election.

he knows that the tories will steal popular policies and pretend they thought of them and he will do his best to avoid alienating anyone until he absolutely has to.

That's how politics works.

He won't express an opinion on anything he doesn't have to until just before the next election.

he knows that the tories will steal popular policies and pretend they thought of them and he will do his best to avoid alienating anyone until he absolutely has to.

No . That’s how sh*t politicians work .

Must admit I hadn't really looked into the details of how much money is being pumped into the easing of fuel bills particularly for the less well off elderly. However I have just been going over some money stuff for my 91 year old father. He lives alone at home, is on Pension Credit and gets Attendance Allowance. For this coming winter he will get:-
A one off £400 reduction in his bills spread over 6 months. (all households get this).
A further £650 cash rebate paid in two lump sums as he is in the Pension Credit less well off category.
An additional lump sum £300 Winter Fuel Allowance on top of his existing £300 WFA.
An additional £150 lump sum because he is getting Attendance Allowance.

By my reckoning thats £1500 extra this winter, add in the existing £300 WFA and the existing £140 credit rebate from Energy Co's and he is getting £1940 to pay for his bills this winter.
Now I am not moaning, complaining, rejoicing or making any kind of political point but I am just staggered (and pleased) at how much he will get. Judging on his normal fuel useage which is high as he is practically immobile and feels the cold then he will probably be making money out of the deal !!!! (well maybe not but close ..........!)
Point is I just hadn't realised how much he was going to get (I hope I have understood the payouts in detail). I would recommend anyone in similar situations or just trying to understand how they can manage the huge rises on the way to look into it and make sure they get what they are entitled to. I would also recommend all pensioners do the quick and easy check on whether they are entitled to Pension Credit, it is very simple and apart from the extra money each week it opens the doors to all sorts of other benefits.

Well he's alienating me.

So why have prices not come down?

They are quick enough to put them up.

Sky

Fuel trade clings on to record prices despite 5p-a-litre lower costs

Pump prices have clung on to record levels despite almost a month of falling wholesale costs, the AA reports this morning.

Yesterday, petrol hit a new all-time high of 191.53p a litre while diesel hung on to record levels at 199.03p a litre, having set a new one of 199.07p on Friday.

Petrol wholesale costs started falling after the Jubilee weekend and have been down at least 5p a litre for more than a fortnight, having ended last week 10p down on the record highs of early June.

AA's fuel price spokesman Luke Bosdet said: "It is an outrage, plain and simple, that the fuel trade could be slashing petrol prices as the nation heads towards the holiday season, but isn't".

You have to see the big pictures..if Corbyn had become PM he could have aimed us into something we had never experienced in our history..Communism....Nationalism...Nazi...
.. we came close to such grave things a couple of times ...Nelson and Churchill saved us from becoming French or German respectively.

The Woke would have us ignoring that stuff...and suffocating anything good that the Nation achieved over the centuries.

Last edited:
Brand Boris has adopted that view in light of recent polls.

Feel free to reply to all or any of the above posts about the leader of HM Opposition.

Just pointing out that not even you agree with the horseshit you've been spouting for years on end about policies over personalities. A massive hypocrite tbh.

I have and will vote for Starmer as the least worst option, but I still think he's a poor, weak leader.

I'm seriously hoping that Labour and Lib Dem enter a pact to remove the Tories. I'll vote for whichever despite the fact that they both have hopeless leaders.

We talk of the Boris man not being fit for office...but for God Sake...why are we not lumping in the rest of the b@stards in the Cabinet and those scattered up behind them on the benches...never before has there been a more inept and self-serving bunch of mother√ckerz assembled in a space one quarter the size of a football pitch..grasping and groping each others sweaty bits...
...any prose that can be lifted above the above... amidst the busy relativity of this Forum...by such great political observers such as JimiNina and Stan the Van....and their stylistic powers which we maybe take for granted... but at the same time have come to hang our parallel hopes upon. ..for some future illumination...so come on guys where is it going ?

I'm seriously hoping that Labour and Lib Dem enter a pact to remove the Tories. I'll vote for whichever despite the fact that they both have hopeless leaders.
Your sort of halfway to where i'd hoped you might go Stan...and to be fair you haven't wavered from your belief constitution all along.
Whatever replaces this unholy mess is a fresh platform for folk to tune in to !

Just pointing out that not even you agree with the horseshit you've been spouting for years on end about policies over personalities. A massive hypocrite tbh.

I have and will vote for Starmer as the least worst option, but I still think he's a poor, weak leader.
Flawed analysis.

The policy over personality has never been subject to a u turn.

Flawed analysis.

The policy over personality has never been subject to a u turn.

All you ever bang on about is how he's not fit for office. Surely if his policies are good enough then his character doesn't matter? One shouldn't even consider his character, just the policies. Come on Jim you're not admitting to talking utter pish are you?

We talk of the Boris man not being fit for office...but for God Sake...why are we not lumping in the rest of the b@stards in the Cabinet and those scattered up behind them on the benches...never before has there been a more inept and self-serving bunch of mother√ckerz assembled in a space one quarter the size of a football pitch..grasping and groping each others sweaty bits...
...any prose that can be lifted above the above... amidst the busy relativity of this Forum...by such great political observers such as JimiNina and Stan the Van....and their stylistic powers which we maybe take for granted... but at the same time have come to hang our parallel hopes upon. ..for some future illumination...so come on guys where is it going ?

This story just gets better and better.

Bit like the panto season, oh yes he did, oh no he didn’t.

Carrie Johnson openly questioned Chris Pincher's suitability as a government whip as far back as 2017, Sky News understands.

While communications director at CCHQ in 2017, Mrs Johnson (then Ms Symonds) questioned how Mr Pincher had ever ended up in the whips' office in correspondence seen by Sky News.

The exchanges followed Mr Pincher's resignation as assistant whip after claims of unwanted sexual advances from a Tory candidate.

https://news.sky.com/story/carrie-j...ar-back-as-2017-sky-news-understands-12645853

Then this tomorrow.

https://www.tomorrowspapers.co.uk/daily-mirror-front-page-2022-07-05/

Last edited:

;