Non....Dover FC

tedisking

Fans' Favourite
Just looking at the non league tables, poor old Dover bottom on minus 12 points.....plus a £40 k fine....all because they took the decision to not fulfil their fixtures last season because of covid.
I accept other clubs soldiered on through, but when will the financial problems catch up with them ?
In the meantime the top PL clubs spending money like its going out of fashion....leaves a very bad taste in the mouth......part of the reason I will not be sad if we never make it to the PL ever again.....selfish from my point I know, but thats how I feel about the money grabbing b@stards.

Just looking at the non league tables, poor old Dover bottom on minus 12 points.....plus a £40 k fine....all because they took the decision to not fulfil their fixtures last season because of covid.
I accept other clubs soldiered on through, but when will the financial problems catch up with them ?
In the meantime the top PL clubs spending money like its going out of fashion....leaves a very bad taste in the mouth......part of the reason I will not be sad if we never make it to the PL ever again.....selfish from my point I know, but thats how I feel about the money grabbing b@stards.

Hardly selfish TiK. This is you on top form...brilliant post !

Plenty of potential players coming in every day on the beach.

my abiding memory of dover is I used to watch poole town quite a bit, and they paid a club record transfer fee of 5k for striker nicky dent to dover - it must have been about the time poole ground shared with afcb, as I remember sneaking out of bormuff hospital after the birth of my son, to watch a ptfc game at DC

:oops:

From what I've experienced of Dover over the years, Dover FC's biggest problem is being in Dover.

If I lived there I'd be looking to take an inflatable boat to France.

;