Non Emma Raducanu

You never know. Tastes differ and when you get to my age most young women are lookers.
Emma Radacanu: (can you, yes I could). I'm a 'channel hopper', easily get bored but I was so excited I couldn't take my eyes off the tv. I know little about tennis and half way thro' the 1st set she looked a little bored but then reclaimed her composure until the end of the match. On the other hand Leylah Fernandez went down in my estimation and what a numpty she appeared to be when complaining to the Ref about the hold up in play while ER111 was having her bleeding knee attended to, she only deserved a little silver plate!

Confused me as well.

Another thing that confused me was how come no hawkeye challenges... til someone pointed out that there were no line judges and that Hawkeye was doing them all.

thanks for that, I actually thought the line judges were sitting inside those holes at the ends of the court and somehow contacting the umpire electronically....:slap:

An incredible game between two exceptional tennis players. That said, I thought Fernandez’s reaction/behaviour when Emma got injured was out of order and not in the spirit of the game we’d seen prior. Well done Emma!

I guess Fernandez got caught up in the tension of the game and suspect if she had her time again, she would not have reacted like that and just gone away to focus.
As others have said, probaby cost her a lot more momentum by having an argument about the timeout.

As with Football.. any sport..incidents happen , officials officiate... you just have to focus on the next action....and for the fans.. its just the entertainment you opted to observe.... Its not very important... Its very different from food shopping....like when your missus asked you to fetch carrots home...and not stop off at the pub first and bring back parsnips...that's to do with survival...:wack:

As with Football.. any sport..incidents happen , officials officiate... you just have to focus on the next action....and for the fans.. its just the entertainment you opted to observe.... Its not very important... Its very different from food shopping....like when your missus asked you to fetch carrots home...and not stop off at the pub first and bring back parsnips...that's to do with survival...:wack:
My wife asked me to get her a mango from the supermarket, I came home with a papaya! Not impressed, looked the same to me

Media over here commenting that it was fortuitous timing as Leylah was up 40-30 with momentum for a possible break which would have got her back to 4-5 on serve.

Having witnessed classic shithousery in football, Emma's "ploy" was hardly a thing.

It wasn't a ploy...she had no choice. Like most sports...if someone is bleeding they have to stop play. If blood had dropped on the court they would have to stop and clean everything. That's the rules. No shithousery at all

On a difficult day for New York...these two young women for the most part went about there stuff with smiles on their dials....and both said the right words at the end....a classic sporting spectacle!

;