Non Emma Raducanu

It wasn't a ploy...she had no choice. Like most sports...if someone is bleeding they have to stop play. If blood had dropped on the court they would have to stop and clean everything. That's the rules. No shithousery at all

Fernandez herself took a long break at the end of the first set when the momentum at the time was clearly with Emma. I'm sure that that was a perfectly legit 'comfort break' and I'm not suggesting there was anything untoward. However, would Fernandez have accepted such a long break without complaint if it was the other way round with Fernandez leading?

In addition, the way Fernandez appeared to remonstrate with an official right in front of Emma, whilst Emma's clearly bleeding leg was being treated, was completely unnecessary IMHO - if indeed that was what Fernandez was doing!

Last edited:
Media over here commenting that it was fortuitous timing as Leylah was up 40-30 with momentum for a possible break which would have got her back to 4-5 on serve.

Having witnessed classic shithousery in football, Emma's "ploy" was hardly a thing.

Your media over there must be mad if it thinks that Emma deliberately cut her leg as some sort of 'ploy' as you appear to be suggesting? You only have to watch the replay back to see that Emma was incredibly fortunate not to pull a muscle and/or tear a ligament in the process of trying to get to the ball in order to return it!

In addition, she was not in control of the amount of time that it took the medic to treat her clearly bleeding leg!

Your media over there must be mad if it thinks that Emma deliberately cut her leg as some sort of 'ploy' as you appear to be suggesting? You only have to watch the replay back to see that Emma was incredibly fortunate not to pull a muscle and/or tear a ligament in the process of trying to get to the ball in order to return it!

In addition, she was not in control of the amount of time that it took the medic to treat her clearly bleeding leg!

He's suggesting the exact opposite of that as I read it.

Congratulations Emma or as Gavin Williamson calls her, Andy Murray : )

This talk of her having an easy route to the final, has she started taking the knee?
: )

Yes, but she saved that till break point down at 5-3 in the 2nd set...

:throw:

He's suggesting the exact opposite of that as I read it.
Exactly.

But for the comprehension-impaired, let me repeat .........
* "ploy" in quotes to indicate that it was not a ploy or intentional.
* media suggesting that it was "fortuitous" as it broke Leylah's momentum. No intent implied. Please look up the word "fortuitous".
* Compared to football shithousery, this was "hardly a thing".

But back to my question to @boscombe botn ..........

"And the point of this speculation is ?????????"

…think Fernandez was just so much under pressure in the match that she broke up a bit when Emma needed medical attention on her leg…which clearly had to be cleaned and covered to as to rule out any risk of infection…it was an ‘in the moment’ reaction and one she probably will look back on and regret…as she matures..she will win a slam or two in her career I would bet

…think Fernandez was just so much under pressure in the match that she broke up a bit when Emma needed medical attention on her leg…which clearly had to be cleaned and covered to as to rule out any risk of infection…it was an ‘in the moment’ reaction and one she probably will look back on and regret…as she matures..she will win a slam or two in her career I would bet
Not sure there is much to regret, I think she was just disappointed that the momentum was being lost. I watched her through most of the tournament, and she was clearly under pressure against Emma, just as she had pressed the seeds that she beat. Not sure if you noticed how her sister kept gesturing her to smile, which was so she would be more relaxed (which she wasn't in the first set). I think she was more vexed with the situation than anything else and I can understand her questioning the official to get things moving. Now, if she had started doing the Thomas Frank watch routine .......... !!

Compared to some of the higher seeds who were breaking rackets, she carried herself with grace throughout the tournament (as did Emma in the final match .... I did not see her before but I understand she was exemplary).

Wow. You do talk ******************************** sometimes. The guy is racist and was thrown out of a tournament once for making racist comments to an umpire. But I guess you support him even more now you know that?
He made a single remark "I know that you are friends. I am sure about it." And it wasn't addressed to the umpire. He was 21 years old, world ranked 251 at the time - so pretty much a novice - and he made a comment under his breath about the American umpire and his American opponent. Obviously an accusation of bias, which is wrong, but the big issue was that both the American player and the American umpire were not "standard" American, they were African-American, which elevated the remark to a whole new level.

But if everyone who has ever made an anti-American remark, whether aimed at one specific American or the nation as a whole, were to be damned for all time - there wouldn't be many squeaky clean people left.

;