Non - Flybe and Logan Air

GaryRB

UTC Legend
I say Non, there may be some who use Flybe for Newcastle away so there is a minor link.
Logan Air as seen on the news have taken over some of those routes, including Southamton to Newcastle
We're fortunate, Mrs B flying to Edinburgh in July, she is now booked in Logan Air , £110 return. If we get our money back from original Flybe booking, could be 100 better off!
Not sure how long the Logsn Air flights will stay cheap, but they've just gone on sale so worth a look

Its very sad for all the people who work for Flybe to be in the position they are. I hope they all get back to work there, or at a new airline.

It was interesting when news first surfaced a few months ago about the airline. I did not realise how reliant some people are on Flybe as they serviced many smaller regional airports, especially up in Scotland in very remote areas. Unfortunately such routes are loss making.

Should such routes be nationalised, or the burden of it be shared between a few companies? Back of cig packet stuff, but could other airlines take on some of the routes, share the burden, and maybe get some tax relief for those specific domestic routes?

Mrs B and I discussed this last night, and interesting interview on tv this morning, claim that 50% of passengers from Chsnnel islands 0700 departure to Southampton are going for radio therapy.
Councils subsidise bus services for remote areas, should same principle apply to remote region air routes?
We made conscious decision to risk booking with Flybe last month after the rescue deal news was out there. If everyone avoided them they would gave folded immediately. Many businesses restructure successfully after receipt of new capital

Mrs B and I discussed this last night, and interesting interview on tv this morning, claim that 50% of passengers from Chsnnel islands 0700 departure to Southampton are going for radio therapy.
Councils subsidise bus services for remote areas, should same principle apply to remote region air routes?
We made conscious decision to risk booking with Flybe last month after the rescue deal news was out there. If everyone avoided them they would gave folded immediately. Many businesses restructure successfully after receipt of new capital
Wow, 50% !!

I agree it should be subsidised, but I suppose the problem, for the professionally outraged, would be flying/planes would come across as a luxury compared to a bus.

Whenever I take down to the coast, I fly, 1 hour straight to my destination, taking the train takes 4 hours plus an extra 2 hour taxi ride, the bus, Na, forget that, likely to crash and many pickpockets at the bus station.
Local short journey flights should be encouraged.

I use FlyBe all the time for work, flying up to Manchester, Leeds, and Newcastle... Real shame they've not being able to pull it out the bag, and for the staff also... Travelling up and down the country is no going to prove. areal **************** for a lot of folk... for both work and personal trips...

I am sure someone will come in and take over most routes, but the airport must be seriously concerned about its future... Let's hope any new deals are not at the expense of Bournemouth airport though...

Apparently there's a business case for Southampton to extend the runway, that will surely have a better chance of getting through, they need jets to be able to get to the CI's in the long term.

Hopefully Bmth airport might benefit in the short term.

Apparently there's a business case for Southampton to extend the runway, that will surely have a better chance of getting through, they need jets to be able to get to the CI's in the long term.

Hopefully Bmth airport might benefit in the short term.
The M27 and Eastleigh train depot probably have other ideas about runway extension (look at google maps).

At 550m longer, it’s the one and only competitive advantage Bournemouth Airport has. The trouble is it has absolutely no transport links. It’s possible Ryanair or EasyJet could add a few extra routes at Bournemouth with their planes, but it’s far more likely Aer Lingus, Air France, KLM and Lufthansa will takeover Flybe’s routes with their smaller regional jets which are capable of landing on Southampton’s runway.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here... I thought Flybe went bust ages ago??!?!?
They went pop owing me compo for a cancelled flight,then had the temerity to re-emerge and inundate me with spam e mails Login Air much better, even provide a free beverage and shortbread!

;