Non-ish. International break

..completely a big non event...club football wins everytime!

good to see Calvert-Lewin missing so many chances...Welsh defenders giving away silly penalties.....rerminded me of us at least :)

Absolute rubbish without being able to see our scores coming up on SSNews. I don't watch streams or pay for a stream so have to sit through all the prattle they spout for nearly two hours. Roll on Friday!

Its about 9.5....out of 10..

But you can always spread the other .5 %
around the Forum threads...

It doesn't help when the England games are against the likes of San Marino, Albanier and Andorra. Cripes ..what a waste of time ! The bloody pundits slavering over our double - barrelled names...plundering little tinpot nations...with plumbers, farm shop workers and dentists manning their midfield's.
Damn this Crud !

Saturdays in the 60s.. Real Saturdays !...and some crazy Wednesdays! The Fridays - animated talk on the school bus about the visit of Walsall next day...and you'd read the Echo about it 5 times over.
Then Walsall brought the scruffiest fans in the World to DC...and they stood at the back of the South End...and you asked your dad why they were chanting in Swahili...'" Umbah Yam Yaka..gwanda leehma shamba..Yam Saddlas !

Next Saturday your on the train to Elm Park, passing and smelling the biscuit wharfs
...after you'd made your voice sore because of the ref v Bristol Rovers on the Wednesday.

God this is Awful...this modern version Football ..and you can't even read about Parley Sports or the Water Company games in a Pink Paper at 6 pm riding your bike one handed along Ringwood road .

But you can always spread the other .5 %
around the Forum threads...

It doesn't help when the England games are against the likes of San Marino, Albanier and Andorra. Cripes ..what a waste of time ! The bloody pundits slavering over our double - barrelled names...plundering little tinpot nations...with plumbers, farm shop workers and dentists manning their midfield's.
Damn this Crud !

Saturdays in the 60s.. Real Saturdays !...and some crazy Wednesdays! The Fridays - animated talk on the school bus about the visit of Walsall next day...and you'd read the Echo about it 5 times over.
Then Walsall brought the scruffiest fans in the World to DC...and they stood at the back of the South End...and you asked your dad why they were chanting in Swahili...'" Umbah Yam Yaka..gwanda leehma shamba..Yam Saddlas !

Next Saturday your on the train to Elm Park, passing and smelling the biscuit wharfs
...after you'd made your voice sore because of the ref v Bristol Rovers on the Wednesday.

God this is Awful...this modern version Football ..and you can't even read about Parley Sports or the Water Company games in a Pink Paper at 6 pm riding your bike one handed along Ringwood road .
...the Pink Echo...used to wait outside the newsagents in Kinson Road for it to arrive just to read up about our match and see the locall scores...back in the days of Ted Mac and Phil carving up teams under Bondy...and yes preferred it when International were mostly under the lights at Wemberlee, apart from The Home Internationals and the battle with the jockstraps!...Saturdays was THE day and we all kicked off at 3pm and watched that typewriter thingy banging out the results on the Beeb...

Used to wait outside Mr. Coombes newsagents on Ringwood Road for them to arrive. Having only been at the match a couple of hours before.

South Street Dorchester for the Sports edition of the Dorset Evening Echo. Focussed mainly on Weymouth, Yeovil and Dorch with maybe a couple of lines from the game I'd been to at Dean Court with my Dad.

Not a bad day, Magic Minibus meeting this morning, spot of gardening in the afternoon ( I say gardening, it's just turning grass muddy side up). Then this evening I found a B.B.C. recording of Arthur Lee at Glastonbury in 2003, doing all of Alone Again Or, that and a facebook video of Dave Brubeck playing It's a raggy waltz. Can't wait for live music and sport to comeback, with crowds just enjoying the shared experience together. You can keep in touch, watch stuff live on the T.V. but it's not the same. Leaving your house, even for a short journey, being somewhere with a few friends and a majority of strangers, watching something live, all having a different view of it. The joys, the disappointments, the unintended humour, the annoyance with some around you, the appreciation of others insightfulness who've seen what you've seen. : )

I'll be able to go to sport with the Good Lady but not gigs, I just want people that love live shows ( even stuff I don't like ) to be able to get out and enjoy the "Show". Was talking with Table the younger earlier, he and his mates are looking forward to being able to go to a pub's ( any pub, even if they avoided it pre lockdowns ) beer garden, just sit and enjoy a few beers. Even though I won't be doing that, I look forward to reading other posters enjoyment ( when it's allowed) : )

Ps drinking beers with mates, al fresco, on a warm summer's evening, one of life's privileges : )

pps, now found The Pretenders playing on Austin City Limits : )

;