Non-ish. International break

South Street Dorchester for the Sports edition of the Dorset Evening Echo. Focussed mainly on Weymouth, Yeovil and Dorch with maybe a couple of lines from the game I'd been to at Dean Court with my Dad.
Cunningham’s in Bennett Road was my local newsagent for the Pink, and still would be for my dear old Mum and Dad had it still been there. Laurie Cunningham owned it and ran it with his wife Margaret. He played almost 300 matches for the Cherries and ran the newsagents whilst he was still playing for us. Me and my 2 brothers were regular visitors to his shop in the 70s and 80s for papers and penny chews!

Not a bad day, Magic Minibus meeting this morning, spot of gardening in the afternoon ( I say gardening, it's just turning grass muddy side up). Then this evening I found a B.B.C. recording of Arthur Lee at Glastonbury in 2003, doing all of Alone Again Or, that and a facebook video of Dave Brubeck playing It's a raggy waltz. Can't wait for live music and sport to comeback, with crowds just enjoying the shared experience together. You can keep in touch, watch stuff live on the T.V. but it's not the same. Leaving your house, even for a short journey, being somewhere with a few friends and a majority of strangers, watching something live, all having a different view of it. The joys, the disappointments, the unintended humour, the annoyance with some around you, the appreciation of others insightfulness who've seen what you've seen. : )

I'll be able to go to sport with the Good Lady but not gigs, I just want people that love live shows ( even stuff I don't like ) to be able to get out and enjoy the "Show". Was talking with Table the younger earlier, he and his mates are looking forward to being able to go to a pub's ( any pub, even if they avoided it pre lockdowns ) beer garden, just sit and enjoy a few beers. Even though I won't be doing that, I look forward to reading other posters enjoyment ( when it's allowed) : )

Ps drinking beers with mates, al fresco, on a warm summer's evening, one of life's privileges : )

pps, now found The Pretenders playing on Austin City Limits : )
You missed off people enjoying your cakes and pizza!

nice start with a dodgy looking pen. I rarely watch these sort of games. v impressive skill levels, and cheating too unfortunately. sorry, not cheating.... professionalism.

That’s absolutely ridiculous, she would have got to the ball first so why didn’t she just go for that rather than the player?!

...and they want equal rights in football? :shake:

The Level of Pay should be the same throughout Football...Men, Women, PL, Non- League....and LESS than a Doctor, Nurse, Binman, Army Private or Copper etc.
Its only Entertainment...it is NOT an Essential Service.

The Level of Pay should be the same throughout Football...Men, Women, PL, Non- League....and LESS than a Doctor, Nurse, Binman, Army Private or Copper etc.
Only entertainment ?

I think you underestimate how important entertainers are. Think about Vera Lynn, for example. Was she just a singer who sang a few catchy songs ? Or something more ?

Don't entertainers play an important role in holding society together ? Aren't they often the people who make us feel that life is good, that it's really worth living ? What else can put you on a natural high like a great singer or band, or a superb sporting performance ?

Think about the amount of sheer happiness that Eddie Howe and his team created in Dorset back in 2015. Didn't they make Bournemouth a better, happier place ?

Last time I checked, my hard earned cash was not being taxed to pay footballers.

Last time I checked, my hard earned cash was not being taxed to pay footballers.

Who said it was...not me !

I would never pay to watch PL football again live, while players are drawing this type of money. No way.
I pay for a cheap TV licence ..to watch it on BBCs Match of the Day!
I can see local football at pensioners rate..under £5...and the players only get about £40 plus petrol /expenses.
The way its going...the Yanks will get Baseball and GridIron Football going here.. and some are trying to get Cricket morphed into Baseball...changing the terminology I.e. ..Wickets to 'Outs'
Oh yeah there are sinister things afoot with our Sport.

If your hard earned cash had a Voice..what would it say?....Treat me Right ?

Only entertainment ?

I think you underestimate how important entertainers are. Think about Vera Lynn, for example. Was she just a singer who sang a few catchy songs ? Or something more ?

Don't entertainers play an important role in holding society together ? Aren't they often the people who make us feel that life is good, that it's really worth living ? What else can put you on a natural high like a great singer or band, or a superb sporting performance ?

Think about the amount of sheer happiness that Eddie Howe and his team created in Dorset back in 2015. Didn't they make Bournemouth a better, happier place ?
All very commendable.. with sensible limits on Pay... .that's all I'm saying..Vera Lynne got paid well I expect...but her lifes contribution to the Nation was far different from Jordan Ibe smashing his car into someone's property ! Christ !

Who said it was...not me !

I would never pay to watch PL football again live, while players are drawing this type of money. No way.
I pay for a cheap TV licence ..to watch it on BBCs Match of the Day!
I can see local football at pensioners rate..under £5...and the players only get about £40 plus petrol /expenses.
The way its going...the Yanks will get Baseball and GridIron Football going here.. and some are trying to get Cricket morphed into Baseball...changing the terminology I.e. ..Wickets to 'Outs'
Oh yeah there are sinister things afoot with our Sport.

If your hard earned cash had a Voice..what would it say?....Treat me Right ?

Presumably you don't watch films or listen to music if you don't support people who get paid more than nurses.

I can see why Wellsworld grew weary of this Forum.
Presumably you don't watch films or listen to music if you don't support people who get paid more than nurses.

You can presume what you like...I just want a Fair Society.....I'm not going to get that ; my naivety allows for a break out of reality! ...but when my generation of moaners get Soilside ...others will take up the baton for what they believe in.. and so it rolls on...
Among us are Fools..Tools and Ghouls..but the fact we can toss around the Crap makes for a bit of Fun on a Forum !

I can see why Wellsworld grew weary of this Forum.

You can presume what you like...I just want a Fair Society.....I'm not going to get that ; my naivety allows for a break out of reality! ...but when my generation of moaners get Soilside ...others will take up the baton for what they believe in.. and so it rolls on...
Among us are Fools..Tools and Ghouls..but the fact we can toss around the Crap makes for a bit of Fun on a Forum !

Just pointing out the inconsistencies in your argument. I'd wager you didn't complain about the money that John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, etc. etc. made.

Just pointing out the inconsistencies in your argument. I'd wager you didn't complain about the money that John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, etc. etc. made.

Inconsistencies...Oh my God yes.. and more to come I reckon...but they are not played out for the basis of an 'argument'...its basically just spouting unfiltered random thoughts....and hypocrisy too will be rife much of the time in my output... I concede that....but most of us do that unconsciously for much of our lives..

;