Non-Jordan Henderson VAR

On Friday Brentford had a goal disallowed by offside and you could see on the replay the linesman was correct. Toney was offside by a fraction (arm). The commentator said the linesman shouldn't have been allowed to call that as he didnt have VAR. What a ridiculous comment

The core problem was the failure of the pgmol to improve the performance of its officials.

Accountable to no one, self serving closed shop, never explain or apologise.
I really don't think that's true. I suspect officials are fitter and better than ever but in the past the media and players would accept poor decisions as there was less riding on them. Plus the speed of the game and fact every single player tries to cheat makes mistakes inevitable

Don’t think fans or players wanted but managers and pundits did ..

Managers in the EFL still do !

The issue is as stated before is that the system gets relied on too much and still very subjective - I mean each ref must have different views ?

And as we know there isn’t a lot of consistency.
Liverpool might feel hard done by but they would have been calling for that penalty as a foul if it was the other way round.

Last edited:
Reactions: drd
On Friday Brentford had a goal disallowed by offside and you could see on the replay the linesman was correct. Toney was offside by a fraction (arm). The commentator said the linesman shouldn't have been allowed to call that as he didnt have VAR. What a ridiculous comment
I was (obviously mistakenly) under the impression that a part of the body with which a player could score a goal had to be offside for it to be given, therefore not the arm. Perhaps they've changed it since then.

I was (obviously mistakenly) under the impression that a part of the body with which a player could score a goal had to be offside for it to be given, therefore not the arm. Perhaps they've changed it since then.
Well the top of your arm can now score a goal. I think they are saying the “T-shirt line”. When they draw the lines, the angle of your arm makes a large difference. A few weeks ago a player was offside because he was pointing where he wanted the ball to be played.

Interestingly they don’t seem to use the same line for the defenders. That seems to still be taken from the foot so we see more offsides.

;