Non - Labour Party

If they think he won't win the next election in a few years (up to 3) then they will get shot.

The Labour party was written off as a passing fad in the 1900s. After Ramsey MacDonald split the Party in 1931, they were supposed to be finished. Then there was the 1945 election.

Jim "Crisis, what crisis?" Callaghan and the formation of the SPD was the death knell for Labour at the end of the 1970s. Then came that Blair bloke and 1997.

Both of those two Labour landslides were, at the time, considered as the fat lady singing for the Conservatives.

History tells us that what comes around, comes around.

There's no getting away from quite how much Labour are a shambles atm but I think it's a dangerous time for the Tories. I would get rid of Johnson if I was them because Labour's ineptitude masks quite how unpopular he is with Tories - at least that's the impression I get from talking to Tory friends and family. I think Starmer is a dead duck but once he goes they might just stumble on someone who the public doesn't dislike, and I think the public are itching to vote Johnson out.

There's no getting away from quite how much Labour are a shambles atm but I think it's a dangerous time for the Tories. I would get rid of Johnson if I was them because Labour's ineptitude masks quite how unpopular he is with Tories - at least that's the impression I get from talking to Tory friends and family. I think Starmer is a dead duck but once he goes they might just stumble on someone who the public doesn't dislike, and I think the public are itching to vote Johnson out.
If I was in the Tory hierarchy I certainly wouldn't get rid of Boris yet, the tories have time on their side (up to 3 years) re calling an election. They can wait and let Boris take any flak or praise unfair or justified on Covid, Brexit, fuel shortage or whatever and then see how the land lies. Thats when a leadership challenge could emerge. However I think peoples "stated" opinions on Boris are a bit like many opinion polls - the polls say one thing the actual votes say another. I think Boris is viewed as a "lucky" politician by many in the Tory party and lucky politicians are often winners, just ask the London voters who voted him in as Mayor not once but twice. Will that ever happen to a tory again ?

Last edited:
Sky

Another blow for Starmer as founding union disaffiliates with Labour

The Bakers Food and Allied Workers Union (BFAWU) has voted to disaffiliate from the Labour Party after accusing Sir Keir Starmer of a "factional internal war".

Earlier this week, the union lost its seat on the Labour NEC and was replaced by the Musicians' Union.

It was a founding union of the Labour movement, and has been affiliated for 119 years.

The BFAWU's president Ian Hodson was kicked out of the Labour Party over his support for Labour Against The Witchhunt - a group banned over repeated accusations of anti-Semitism.

A statement said: "The decision taken by delegates who predominantly live in what's regarded as Labour red wall seats shows how far the Labour Party has travelled away from the aims and hopes of working class organisations like ours.

"We need footballers to campaign to ensure our schoolchildren get a hot meal. Workers in our sector, who keep the nation fed, are relying on charity and good will from family and friends to put food on their tables. They rely on help to feed their families, with 7.5% relying on food banks, according to our recent survey.

"But instead of concentrating on these issues we have a factional internal war led by the leadership. We have a real crisis in the country and instead of leadership, the party's leader chooses to divide the trade unions and the membership by proposing changes to the way elections for his successor will take place.

"We don't see that as a political party with any expectations of winning an election. It's just the leader trying to secure the right-wing faction's chosen successor."

if the election was tomorrow, it wouldn’t be.

These are very accurate, want to say they were only a few seats out in 2019. Work to do for your mate Starmer.

Work to do for all the parties to produce policies that will improve the UK.

Work to do for the voters to wean themselves off voting for personality over policies.

Work to do for the Boris apologists to wean themselves off passing the responsibility for failure to the scapegoats

Work to do for the voters to wean themselves off voting for personality over policies.

Work to do for the Boris apologists to wean themselves off passing the responsibility for failure to the scapegoats

thats a lot of work, especially for fuckitfriday

The voters are wrong? Is that what you're saying?

Quoting a tweet from 1st September 2021 is about as much use as the majority of your posts on the pandemic thread. (Zero)

Voters are never 'right' or 'wrong' ...they just believe in a 'way' ..have faith in a collation of concepts....the promises have been 'spun' ; Spun by Politicians that have scant ideas or ability deliver .
Its all a massive gamble...and subject to Event circumstances..like Covid !

So basically...Left and Right adherance never really has much to offer in the End Games.
The People have actually Run the Country by deed of getting out of bed in the morning and setting to Work !

You get to realise that after enough decades.

Last edited:
If Labour puts that fiesty chic Rayner up front, in charge..I might just climb off the fence...stop voting Green but carry on donating to that cause... and re-join the Labour movement that my Dad was so passionate about....because I dunno, but ive seen something steely in that bird...she can even inject a bit of humour too...good delivery. She is youngish and female..potential Vote Harvester.

Having said that...all that Starmer really lacks is the ability and nous to take some of his focus Off of telling us what we already bloody well know about Boris...and instead tease us with some Vision of a Britain under Him - Slap down a tinsy winsy bit of Detail of how things might pan out under Labour...he bloody well knows that Boris was crap at Detail and confident with Waffle..so therein is the lesson...the clue!
Voters want something get their heads around before they waltz off to a Ballot Box.

'How Labour will waltz the 2020's...and 30's.'

Last edited:

;