Non - Le Tour 2021

GaryRB

UTC Legend
A few followers on here most years
What a crazy day
2 major crashes, the first caused by a fan too busy trying to get her banner on tv rather than watch the race approaching. 2nd just a racing incident, but close enough to the finish to cause big splits and put a couple of big GC riders in trouble already.
Then what a push by Alaphilippe in last 2k

Shame the first couple of stages dont give a chance to see what form Cavendish is in(not expecting miracles, but would just like to see him be in there competing), but these lumpy opening days do add interest in other ways

The fan that put the sign in the way is being sued by the organisers. I don't know what they'll get out of it, but she was obviously at fault.

Shame the first couple of stages dont give a chance to see what form Cavendish is in(not expecting miracles, but would just like to see him be in there competing),

Promising signs in early season in that he has the winning belief back at least.

If he can get the same understanding with Morkov that Bennett has had - then he should be up there competing. Looked like a bit of work on that was required at the Tour of Belgium where he first stepped in for Bennett.

Caleb Ewan is probably going to be the favourite for most sprints but Cavendish did win against him in stage 5 of the tour of Belgium - although Ewan won stages 3 & 4 with Cavendish not in the top ten of those stages.

If the next three weeks have half as much action as yesterday then it will be another excellent watch.

I know it's all part of the event, spectators being close, but it really has to be looked at.

Hope you enjoyed the beautiful Brittany stage.

It's always debated every year as there is always a spectator incident every year... I'd hate to see the whole route with barriers...

Re the suing of the fan... I agree that this does need looking at... However, I really cannot see what the organisers aim to get out of this... Whilst a completely idiotic act, with zero intention of watching the actual race, I am sure the spectator feels awful about it... Are they going to sue for several thousands of euros in compensation...??? So possibly ruin this person's life, for what??? Better to educate more... There was clearly no malice intended, just complete idiocy and naivety.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure suing isn't it...

However, I really cannot see what the organisers aim to get out of this...

It is obviously not about the money - it is to try and raise the awareness amongst the general public that such actions can have serious consequences - for the race and riders - more than the irresponsible spectator.

Meanwhile "G" goes down hard again!

It is obviously not about the money - it is to try and raise the awareness amongst the general public that such actions can have serious consequences - for the race and riders - more than the irresponsible spectator.

Meanwhile "G" goes down hard again!

But invariably you sue for compensation... So I go back to my comment, and yours, better to educate more fans with more campaigns...

Any more days like today, there will be few riders left and a handful of bikes left,when they ride the Champs d'Elysee.

;