Non Looking like a good scrap for the bottom 3

Ivyhouse

Star Player
Watched Spurs completely bossed in the second half by their opponents only to grab a couple against the run. Austin should have had a hat trick. Last night, Huddersfield outplayed us to be honest. Fulham should improve under Ranieri. Newcastle are underachieving by Raffa’s standards. West Ham just need to put a run together. Wouldn’t like to be down there.

Watched Spurs completely bossed in the second half by their opponents only to grab a couple against the run. Austin should have had a hat trick. Last night, Huddersfield outplayed us to be honest. Fulham should improve under Ranieri. Newcastle are underachieving by Raffa’s standards. West Ham just need to put a run together. Wouldn’t like to be down there.
Isn't it great that the title includes the word "NON".

But according to all the posters last night we’re so shite and doomed that I’ve lumped all my savings on us to go down at 275/1.

Monet for old rope surely, or have I got it wrong. :grinning:

If Herr Flick gets the German high press going in time for our trip to St Fairies and I end up doing that miserable walk to the train station being sang at by inbred nonces it will be my last visit...

Probably...

I thought Scummers had David Hasselhoff as their new manager! This bloke sounds as if he's from one of the old Grimm brothers fairy tales. Very apt at St Fairies.

Agree. But we i.e. AFCB have to be careful for the following reasons:

Fulham are not likely to be down there for much longer as Ranieri will get them out of trouble. Huddersfield do not look like a side that will struggle for very long. Southampton with a new manager will more than likely get out of trouble with the usual honeymoon period. Cardiff are slowly edging away. Burnleys recent poor form will not continue as sooner later, they will replace thier manager and then the usual honeymoon period will lift them away.

How does this affect us you may ask -

We have a clump of games coming up against top six opposition from which, in all fairness, we are very likely to get nothing from. So if this trend continues i.e. the bottom three picking up points and we slip up against these top six sides, we could find ourselves edging closer to the bottom three for comfort come January.
This is why I keep harping on about making sure we take points off of the lower order opposition. We have done this so far this season and have done well out of it with the exception of the Newcastle game.

The idea is to keep a large as possible points gap between us and the bottom three at all times. Our league position is irrelavant. It is the points gap that should be used as a yardstick.

You used to post your visions in the echo. According to you each season we would not get any points from the top six.
How’s the old BMW going Steven?

You used to post your visions in the echo. According to you each season we would not get any points from the top six.
How’s the old BMW going Steven?[/QUOT

In all fairness, we have not taken anything from the top six big hitters so far this season, of which is no disgrace. However, due to the strength of these sides I cannot see that situation changing. Liverpool will be too strong for us this Saturday. Hence, the reason why we have to take our survival points off of the lower order oppostion and not drop silly points.
p.s. Never had a BMW. I drive an Audi A4, so what was the relevance of the question exactly??? Good day to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only 2 teams I don't see us getting anything from at home, and they are Chelsea and Man City... If we can play like we know we can, we're a match for anyone at DC.

I'm looking at Liverpool in the same way as Arsenal... We went toe to toe with them and lost by an OG... Sort out the mistakes and we can get something from that game.. leading us into Wolves (a) and BHA (h)

7/8 points from this recent run of 4 games (incl Huddersfield) will be a decent haul.

Fulham are not likely to be down there for much longer as Ranieri will get them out of trouble. Huddersfield do not look like a side that will struggle for very long. Southampton with a new manager will more than likely get out of trouble with the usual honeymoon period. Cardiff are slowly edging away. Burnleys recent poor form will not continue as sooner later, they will replace thier manager and then the usual honeymoon period will lift them away.

We have a clump of games coming up against top six opposition from which, in all fairness, we are very likely to get nothing from. So if this trend continues i.e. the bottom three picking up points and we slip up against these top six sides, we could find ourselves edging closer to the bottom three for comfort come January.
This is why I keep harping on about making sure we take points off of the lower order opposition. We have done this so far this season and have done well out of it with the exception of the Newcastle game.

The idea is to keep a large as possible points gap between us and the bottom three at all times. Our league position is irrelavant. It is the points gap that should be used as a yardstick.

LOL....So nobody's getting relegated!.......outstanding news.

There are only 2 teams I don't see us getting anything from at home, and they are Chelsea and Man City... If we can play like we know we can, we're a match for anyone at DC.

I'm looking at Liverpool in the same way as Arsenal... We went toe to toe with them and lost by an OG... Sort out the mistakes and we can get something from that game.. leading us into Wolves (a) and BHA (h)

7/8 points from this recent run of 4 games (incl Huddersfield) will be a decent haul.

The difference being, Arsenal and Chelsea have lost 2 games this season and Liverpool have not yet lost and only conceded 6.

Liverpool have found a way to be difficult to get points off this season. While I agree we can be a match for all teams I view the Liverpool and Chelsea situations the other way round to you.

I thought Scummers had David Hasselhoff as their new manager! This bloke sounds as if he's from one of the old Grimm brothers fairy tales. Very apt at St Fairies.

Same, he’s ripe for a mock diary if it all goes well from our perspective!

So every team at the bottom is going to go 'on a run'. Even if that did happen there are plenty of other clubs ready to take their place. I don't think we will be one of those.

What trend ? The bottom 3 are not picking up points on a regular basis. 1 win between them in the last 5 games and that was when Fulham played Southampton. Talk about glass half empty attitude. The bottom sides are there for a reason, they are crap. Rainieri knows he has his work cut out and they struggled to get a point at home to a Leicester side without Vardy, the new scummers manager is a total unknown to the PL, Burnley and Huddersfield can't score goals, Cardiff always concede. I am not complacent but I know what I see on the pitch. You say Huddersfield are too good - well how come they only scored one against us when we were totally off our game - if we were still playing them they wouldn't have added a second.

Teams are at the bottom usually because they cant score enough and/or let in too many goals.

Whats going to turn that round for the bottom teams ?

;