Lyle Taylor

Two goals in two minutes for Charlton in the play-offs first from Taylor assist for the second.

Best thing I saw him do for us was nonchalantly dink one onto the crossbar during a halftime warm up from just inside the halfway line. Knew he was world class from that day on......

Incredible penalty today, just walked up to the ball and poked it into the corner, never seen that before

To be fair he has come on a ton since he left us - albeit relatively late in his career.

My memories of him was that he had tremendous pace which often took him clear of defences but perhaps his finishing then maybe let him down.

However he is now scoring for fun for Charlton and good luck to him.

Should never have...

Wasn't he an early EH signing? From the first window when he could actually bring players in. Around the same time as Pugh.

We did some pretty good business at that time. Who was doing the scouting?

I'm pretty sure DVD Tom wasn't involved.

Wasn't he an early EH signing? From the first window when he could actually bring players in. Around the same time as Pugh.

We did some pretty good business at that time. Who was doing the scouting?

I'm pretty sure DVD Tom wasn't involved.

Des Taylor gets a lot of credit for some of the signings from during that period.

Although I think we often signed players that Howe and Tindall had also seen first hand back then.

Particularly Tindall with his non league knowledge at the time.

"A long list of clubs emerging, believed to be keen on in-demand Charlton striker Lyle Taylor including AFC Bournemouth, Celtic, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Fulham."

Free agent, 30 years old. Has refused to play the remaining matches for Charlton due to fears of getting injured as he's clearly holding out for his final big move.

An early EH signing who never really cut it during his time here, but seems to have become a prolific goalscorer in his later years, albeit at a lower level.

11 goals in 22 games this season in a side battling relegation in the Championship.

Eddie was obviously a big admirer of his, but would probably only be a squad player. I wonder if Eddie could get something out of him at this level and whether he'd take a punt on him, being a free agent...

I’d imagine this would depend on what division we are in. I could see Taylor being very effective for us in the Championship. As a replacement for Joshua King in the PL, his credentials are dubious at best.

"A long list of clubs emerging, believed to be keen on in-demand Charlton striker Lyle Taylor including AFC Bournemouth, Celtic, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Fulham."

Free agent, 30 years old. Has refused to play the remaining matches for Charlton due to fears of getting injured as he's clearly holding out for his final big move.

An early EH signing who never really cut it during his time here, but seems to have become a prolific goalscorer in his later years, albeit at a lower level.

11 goals in 22 games this season in a side battling relegation in the Championship.

Eddie was obviously a big admirer of his, but would probably only be a squad player. I wonder if Eddie could get something out of him at this level and whether he'd take a punt on him, being a free agent...

Don’t forget to include a link.

;