Non - Magic Mushrooms

The UK is so far behind in these studies. Psychedelics have all been proven to treat depression, PTSD etc. God forbid we take some revenue away from pharmacutical companies as people wouldn't need as many of their antidepressants though.

nice. I used to listen to badly recorded Fantasia, Helter Skelter tapes from when I was about 10. loved dance/electronic music since.

When I started going out in late 90's it was all about trance at Slinky, Academy/Opera House.

Now more into house, tech/house, minimal techno, prog etc (with the odd listen to Bloc Party from time to time of course).

If you like the ‘Pop Art’ style of the 60’s & 70’s have a look at this: Beatles LSD remix

Alas, the toilets in Madison's backed up about two weeks after I started clubbing and it closed forever. It sounded fun though:

https://m.mixcloud.com/stu-j/madisonsbournemouth-13-6-92/

yeah I never went there or the manor. went to a few reunion parties though.

dance scene never really seemed to take off in bmouth, more middle of the road bars/clubs playing the same charty stuff over and over.. some good nights and top dj's were on from time to time, but frequently were half full for some reason. compare to london, with loads of big nights/dj's each weekend, selling out.

dance scene never really seemed to take off in bmouth, more middle of the road bars/clubs playing the same charty stuff over and over.. some good nights and top dj's were on from time to time, but frequently were half full for some reason. compare to london, with loads of big nights/dj's each weekend, selling out.

shame you never made it to the manor! :)

Or for some endorphin assisted tunage. Those piano strings around 3 and a half minutes in always take your brain somewhere nice wouldn’t you say

I went to Madisons from mid ‘92 until it was shut down - had some absolutely mental nights in there .
Saturdays had Stu J , Storm , X-Cite etc resident playing hardcore and techno , plenty of guest DJs too - Lenny Dee , Colin Dale , Carl Cox etc .... the place was rocking every Saturday....
Midweek every couple of months or so there would be the Electric Kingdom nights which were just techno in all its forms , from techno trance through to the headbangers of Gabba/Industrial techno ....
Trevor Rockliffe , Colin Faver , Dave Angel Cj Bolland etc plus the residents ....more banging mayhem ....
Great times .

There was definitely a good underground dance scene in Bournemouth- it was just a lot of it had to be hunted down ...

When I first got into the rave scene back in ‘91 you had Remix , Jackie O’s , Academy Star Bar , Maddies , the Venue on Friday nights

Agree some of the nights were pretty empty at times but there was a lot about just not always that well advertised I think ...
When I got into the scene in ‘91 it was Remix , Maddies, O’s , the Star Bar in the Academy , The Palace ,Friday nights at the Venue also in the left hand venue ? playing hardcore rave and dance stuff - there was also a club called Fat Ian’s which was on St Swithins Road opposite the railway station which did hardcore nights .....
The Star Bar shut down early ‘92 but the Academy hosted Wild Turkey and Parhelion rave nights which were pretty good ...
After - club gatherings were either at 101 squat/flats up Old Christchurch Road - ran by a lad called Spud , or down in the old car park by the pier ( where the adventure golf is now ) or on the promenade between Boscombe and Bournemouth piers .....
A few parties in the New Forest too but I never made it to them ....
Later on mid/late 90’s the aforementioned Fat Ian’s did techno nights once every couple of months and the Millennium club up Old Christchurch Road used to have weekly techno nights with Paul Edge and DJs like that ....top nights ...
I didn’t enjoy the Manor at all - went a few times and the music and vibe was just not for me ...
The only good night I had in there was circa 1999 - Lenny Dee played a two hour set of hardcore techno - that was :punk::party:

There was definitely a good underground dance scene in Bournemouth- it was just a lot of it had to be hunted down ...

When I first got into the rave scene back in ‘91 you had Remix , Jackie O’s , Academy Star Bar , Maddies , the Venue on Friday nights

Agree some of the nights were pretty empty at times but there was a lot about just not always that well advertised I think ...
When I got into the scene in ‘91 it was Remix , Maddies, O’s , the Star Bar in the Academy , The Palace ,Friday nights at the Venue also in the left hand venue ? playing hardcore rave and dance stuff - there was also a club called Fat Ian’s which was on St Swithins Road opposite the railway station which did hardcore nights .....
The Star Bar shut down early ‘92 but the Academy hosted Wild Turkey and Parhelion rave nights which were pretty good ...
After - club gatherings were either at 101 squat/flats up Old Christchurch Road - ran by a lad called Spud , or down in the old car park by the pier ( where the adventure golf is now ) or on the promenade between Boscombe and Bournemouth piers .....
A few parties in the New Forest too but I never made it to them ....
Later on mid/late 90’s the aforementioned Fat Ian’s did techno nights once every couple of months and the Millennium club up Old Christchurch Road used to have weekly techno nights with Paul Edge and DJs like that ....top nights ...
I didn’t enjoy the Manor at all - went a few times and the music and vibe was just not for me ...
The only good night I had in there was circa 1999 - Lenny Dee played a two hour set of hardcore techno - that was :punk::party:

Yeah I recall the venue on Friday, had some top names there.

Went to millennium a few times, then it became dusk till dawn, which had some great, messy nights.

I went klute, k bar, 176 a fair bit, bjt more poncy, but played decent house music and attractive women at least. More of a coke crowd at those places, so a different vibe to tge other places mentioned, but still decent.

Wouldn't mind a trip to Berlin, or return to ibiza when lockdown eases. Problem is I'd need nearly a week to recover from a bug night with no sleep! Day time events on bora bora look appealing, but knowing me will probably continue right the way through till lunch time the next day!

Last edited:
I think that such cases deserve a separate observation of the dynamics. I've been reading about cancer treatment, but I'm puzzled. Does cannabis really help... what people will do to cure themselves of the inevitable. I think the acceptance factor played out and the fear went away. When there is no fear, fear hormones are not produced. The hormones dopamine and endorphin are produced as pleasure signals. Maybe they did affect it, but hormones and micro-hormonal changes are cancer or prerequisites for cancer. I think https://highthc.shop/product-category/thc-vape-pen/ would also help, you don't have to take marijuana right away.

Last edited:

;