NON - Neil Lennon Doesn't Have a Cluj

Would struggle at top end of League 1 / bottom of championship.

They would compete with top lot in the PL pretty quickly. Their revenue isn't far short of ours with essentially no TV money. Higher than any Championship team even with parachute payments. Add on the TV money and the increase that would bring to everything else, there'd be some what of a monster.

They have a huge global fanbase as well, just as Rangers do....problem is, they are locked into a silly league with about as much importance as the Norwegian one. In some ways, it would be exciting to have Rangers and Celtic playing in the English League....what do others think ?

They have a huge global fanbase as well, just as Rangers do....problem is, they are locked into a silly league with about as much importance as the Norwegian one. In some ways, it would be exciting to have Rangers and Celtic playing in the English League....what do others think ?

I’ve never had an issue with the idea. Already have Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and others.

The problem I’ve had is with the idea of them jumping straight in at the top.

They need to win promotion to League Two and climb the pyramid. Their addition can not be at the expense of another club.

Who cares what Rangers and Celtic would do in the English leagues? We don't need them, we don't want them and they'd be nothing but trouble. If they weren't "locked in a silly little league" and didn't monetise sectarian hatred they'd be no different in size to Newcastle, Leeds, Villa or Everton. They made their bed and they can lie in it - in their shite league that nobody gives a toss about.

Who cares what Rangers and Celtic would do in the English leagues? We don't need them, we don't want them and they'd be nothing but trouble. If they weren't "locked in a silly little league" and didn't monetise sectarian hatred they'd be no different in size to Newcastle, Leeds, Villa or Everton. They made their bed and they can lie in it - in their shite league that nobody gives a toss about.
All that sectarian nonsense is the biggest reason why we should never entertain the idea of these teams entering the EFL or EPL in my opinion. That stone age mentality can stay firmly the other side of Hadrian's Wall. We don't need all that bigotry in the English leagues, thank you very much.

All that sectarian nonsense is the biggest reason why we should never entertain the idea of these teams entering the EFL or EPL in my opinion. That stone age mentality can stay firmly the other side of Hadrian's Wall. We don't need all that bigotry in the English leagues, thank you very much.

I agree with you entirely - but West Ham and Chelsea fans still sing anti-Jewish songs, and make hissing noises to imitate the gas chambers when they play Tottenham.
Bigotry sadly still exists in the English game.

I agree with you entirely - but West Ham and Chelsea fans still sing anti-Jewish songs, and make hissing noises to imitate the gas chambers when they play Tottenham.
Bigotry sadly still exists in the English game.
Yes of course it does, I thought about Spurs when I made my original post, but adding rabid sectarianism to that for the sake of adding two mediocre teams to our leagues makes no sense. The English game has its' own problems to deal with but nothing on that scale and as Derek says, the bottom line is that these teams would add nothing positive from the footballing side to make it worth all the potential downsides.
:cheers:

Yes of course it does, I thought about Spurs when I made my original post, but adding rabid sectarianism to that for the sake of adding two mediocre teams to our leagues makes no sense. The English game has its' own problems to deal with but nothing on that scale and as Derek says, the bottom line is that these teams would add nothing positive from the footballing side to make it worth all the potential downsides.
:cheers:

I'm not disagreeing with you!

;