Non New Top Gear??

Car crash TV of the worst kind.

It'll get murderd in the press today, and rightly so.

A cash cow for the BBC to sell overseas; thus they've changed nothing and found some presenters that they feel might appeal to the whole world.

Well good luck to them, that's me done with it.

The Smug Three were bad enough, but managed to drag the series on well past it's sell by date.
Evans, with any luck will kill it stone dead.

Is it possible to be astonished at how bad it was, and yet at the same time not surprised?

I thought the Beeb would have changed the format, so Evans and Le Blanc could stamp their own presence on the show. By keeping the same format viewers will now judge the two on direct substitutions for Clarkson et el. Not a good start.

Steve Sutcliffe is the guy who should have gotten the job .....

[Youtube=CaC3jJgtDOE]

Previous Top Gear, whilst brilliant for years, was starting to scrape the barrel in its latter years. This seemed a perfect opportunity to go in a slightly different direction, freshen it up and allow new people to put their own stamp on it.

Perhaps in time that will come, but last night basically looked like a script written by Clarkson and Hammond, with Lee Blanc and Evans transplanted in at the last minute. Horrendous lack of chemistry or spontaneity.

I hope they realise they can't just rehash the same format.

I used to like it when it was actually about testing cars,with Tiff Needell and Quentin Wilson,not massaging the presenters egos and whatever celebrities they could get on it.
I haven't watched it for years but find the furore over it by its fans quite amusing.
However ,I did quite like the road trip type specials they used to do,even if some of the incidents in those were so contrived it was untrue.

Chris Evans is EXTREMELY irritating. I spent the hour wondering how he's as rich as he is. Who's been paying him all these years?!

As for Matt LeBlanc, I have a new found respect for him having watched the excellent "Episodes". He was better than Evans but I don't think it'll last long if it stays like it is.

Irregardless of whether you like him, Chris Evans is extremely clever and a very canny business man.

He started off selling confectionary to fellow school pupils, by buying bulk loads of Kit Kat's at wholesale prices and undercutting the school tuck shop, making £100's profit.

When he was pulled into the headmasters study to explain it, he simply offered to take over the running of the tuck shop ........ for a % of the profits; he got expelled, but then had the vision to forge a career that has made him a multi millionaire.

As a presenter of TG .......... no, shouldn't have happened.

Give it time. Chris was trying too hard and appeared to forget his voice had a volume control. Matt Le Blanc was enjoyable and the unscripted parts between the two (which were few and far between) were enjoyable.

I like 5th Gear, if I want to learn about the latest in cars I can watch that. If I want to see stupid stunts and £1m cars I can watch TG.

Top Gear was around way before the last three presenters and will be here beyond the current.

Chris Evans has always shouted on the telly so why is anyone surprised by this. The show didn't really do anything though, was hoping it would refresh the format much more, however Chris Harris is an amazing journalist, so I will watch again just to see more of him

..was to get pan it...but it t will need time to be accepted IMO.....treat it as a new programme not a direct replacement for th las series which featured a completely different and well known cast....we don't usually like any change!

I dunno, there's a fair few in town centre who love change

At least that's what they keep asking for anyway

;