Non - Nuisance calls

TCherry

First Team
I had another call on my mobile today from somebody unknown, it's either
1) You answer and there's nobody there or the same sort of people that..
2) Begin with "I understand that you were involved in a road traffic accident and it wasn't your fault.."

Who are these parasites that ring up people to get them to say they were involved in a road traffic accident and they want to claim for something? I think they are scum of the lowest order.

Today I was in a garden centre when I took the latest call, I must admit it ended with an expletive from me and as the wife told me afterwards a couple of assistants looked around at me when uttered by good bad self. So not my finest moment (by the way, my wife's nearest word to a swear word is 'bother' by the way!).

I do try to keep the b$s"a$%s talking to waste their time if I can.
Eleven blocked numbers now.

A few years ago some guy set up a personal premium phone number. Used this number when forced to give his details. Believe he ended up making hundreds of pounds a month from these nuisance calls

I don't mind getting this kind of call as it's sometimes a welcome distraction and a bit of fun. When I'm asked about a car accident I had in the last 3 years (thankfully I haven't had any) I always ask 'which one' are they referring to. They usually say the one in the last 3 years; I respond with 'which one?' And we go around this loop until I explain that I have had 8 car accidents in the last 3 years and so 'which one' are they talking about - we go around another loop until they get fed up. I then thank them for amusing me for the past x minutes...

A long story that I will cut short.

A Mate of mine in Portsmouth was getting calls almost every day to see if he wanted a conservatory.

Eventually he cracked, but told the salesman that it was too expensive and could he get a better deal.

The salesman came back and knocked 20% off.

My Mate says, he still can't afford it, could there be a further discount.

The salesman says he will speak to the manager....2 minutes later, another 20% off.

My Mate says...brilliant, I want one, when can you start?

We will send someone round says the salesman...well impressed he is getting his commision.

Final thing my Mate says..."How do you fit a conservatory on a 5th floor flat?

A Mate of mine in Portsmouth was getting calls almost every day to see if he wanted a conservatory.

Eventually he cracked, but told the salesman that it was too expensive and could he get a better deal.

The salesman says he will speak to the manager....2 minutes later, another 20% off.

We will send someone round says the salesman...well impressed he is getting his commision.

I was sure the punchline was going to be a submarine.

Any decent salesman would of convinced him to move to a ground floor flat so they could fit a conservatory on to it.
Useless at his job and should be sacked.

I’ve been getting a few lately too, a quick search on google usually flags up if they are well known. Luckily it’s easy to block them on mobiles.

Had this one yesterday as an example, 24,800 people have searched for it, so imagining probably 1 in 5 people take the time to search for it gives you an example of the number of calls they are making.

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/01257448616

I always tell them to wait there while i get the owner of the house,and then leave the phone on the side until they get bored and hang up.

More and more the initial “I’m calling about the accident you had” is done by a robot. The female voice is a recorded voice using speech recognition and algorithms.

I’ve taken to just answering their first question with a question of my own: “are you a robot?” They say “sorry I didn’t catch that, could you repeat” a couple of times and then they hang up.

I’d love to know what code cracks them into some sort of malfunction.

I wind up the car accident ones. I always go "oh yes" and then say I cant remember the details as it "must have been bad". They really dont know what to do at this point. Some hang up, one asked me if someone could talk on my behalf considering I couldnt remember what had happened. Give that man a pay rise!

I had one last week. I ask where the information came from. She said the road traffic accident department. I said I was concerned about the information being shared with them and I wanted her to email me the details so I could take it up with them. There is a short silence and then she hung up.

Not proud of my self but last time i just replied "i can still see the childrens faces.. "

My 80 year old mum got scammed by these parasites. Essentially bullied her into gwtting a prepayment card from the lical coop and giving them the details. They then paid the money into an online gambling account then withdraw the money from their. Money laundering facilitated by you friendly local online gambling company.

;