Non - Nul Points

Rodmorg

First Team
We got 0 points from both the jury and televoters.

The last time we got 0 was back in 2003.

Probably time to pull out of Eurovision... a waste of money, despite having a relatively good song

I don't claim to be an expert but the main argument for staying in was the EBU membership. No idea whether it's worth it, but I suspect the BBC rely pretty heavily on shared news access (as would other European broadcasters rely heavily on the BBC's world wide news network).

We got 0 points from both the jury and televoters.

The last time we got 0 was back in 2003.

Probably time to pull out of Eurovision... a waste of money, despite having a relatively good song

We struggled before we left the EU, now it’s absolutely pointless. How do we even qualify every year when it seems most other countries have to perform in a semi final? (Minimal Eurovision knowledge here)

I only saw some of it, reached the metal of Finland and stopped it. I thought the UK song was dreadful, his voice was very poor, struggled with it. Lucky to get nil.

I don't claim to be an expert but the main argument for staying in was the EBU membership. No idea whether it's worth it, but I suspect the BBC rely pretty heavily on shared news access (as would other European broadcasters rely heavily on the BBC's world wide news network).

time to jack it in, let the aussies have our place
costs uk tax payers (license fee) to prop up the sad freak show
I'm sure they'd be more than happy to carry on without our contribution....

UK song had nil points written all over it. When it comes to Eurovision our entries are always dated by about 30 years. There again what do you expect from the BBC.

The Great British public gave 12 points to Lithuania whose song was aimed at 5 years olds.

time to jack it in, let the aussies have our place
costs uk tax payers (license fee) to prop up the sad freak show
I'm sure they'd be more than happy to carry on without our contribution....

You totally ignored the point that the EBU membership is substantially more than just competing in the Euro Vision. If you could ditch that and pay less, I'd be all for it but you probably can't.

It's time pack it in and leave it to the little minded euro countries. It used to be quite enjoyable but now it's just political rubbish. The only reason they let is take part is because of the funding we contribute. In typical EU fashion their grubby slimy little mitts are happy to take our money but give us nothing back for it. **************** the lot of 'em

A great night's entertainment as always.

I'm not so sure it would be as good if I stopped drinking though.

The Italian and French songs coming first and second were a victory for real music.

Two thirds of the entries were similar classic euro fodder that you can hear in supermarkets all over Europe.

Maybe next year will see a change in entry style.

UK entry was a maybe decent song ruined by poor delivery from a bloke who should never have been let near his clothes or the contest.
I'm sure Neil Blake is considering him for the managers job as I write this.

Felt sorry for the Maltese girl who bombed in the public vote.
Did look like she'd been at the Maltesers though.

I only saw some of it, reached the metal of Finland and stopped it. I thought the UK song was dreadful, his voice was very poor, struggled with it. Lucky to get nil.

Probably doesn’t help our chances - tough as it is anyway.

Apparently we are one of the big players in all this in terms of funding so will always be invited along ?

I can proudly say I have never ever watched a single Eurovision. The only thing that amazes me is that it is still going. Very glad we got zero points however - we must be doing something right .

Got out of the ‘habit’ of watching it last year with the pandemic cancelling it and didn’t bother with it this year.

Thinking back and forgetting any UK entries, only two groups/singers come into my mind that stood out.

ABBA with Waterloo in 1974 when the song contest was held in Brighton.

Lordi (Finland) being the other in 2006 with Hard Rock Hallelujah, then held in Athens.

Its Just Politics - the singing is the entertainment in the interval..
...as long as 'UK' contains England...the most hated Nation on Earth ..we ain't gonna get no more points...I effing LOVE that Badge of Honour !

;