Non Olympic Street Skateboarding

Mickey Murphy rings up the Surgery for his wifes test results.
Receptionist answers " Sorry we have two sets of results for a Mary Murphy and they've been mixed up....one has Alzheimer's..the other has Aids.
" Oh Be Jasus " exclaims Murphy. " What te fook am I to do ?
Receptionîst:
"Well Mickey, Oi'd drap er aff in town ...an' if 'er finds the way back - fer fooks sake don't shag 'er ! "

The Olympics are trying to grow their demographic. Doubt the ancient Greeks never saw badminton or table tennis as pillars of sport but here we are. At the end of the day, if it provides entertainment and gets people inspired to be active, I am fine with it.
You mean the ancient Greeks never did 10m air rifle?
Can't believe it.

Mickey Murphy rings up the Surgery for his wifes test results.
Receptionist answers " Sorry we have two sets of results for a Mary Murphy and they've been mixed up....one has Alzheimer's..the other has Aids.
" Oh Be Jasus " exclaims Murphy. " What te fook am I to do ?
Receptionîst:
"Well Mickey, Oi'd drap er aff in town ...an' if 'er finds the way back - fer fooks sake don't shag 'er ! "
Ok I give up , what's the connection with skateboarding ?

Ok I give up , what's the connection with skateboarding ?

I dunno ...I thought I'd put it in the Tuesday Titter Thread....embarrassing and I hope I'm not 'losing it' thing.
Don't give up on Me TisKo....you don't really wanna lose me to Plymouth Argyle or somewhere in another Rainbow...and I do enjoy your short but pithy posts !

You could say that athletics is just upgraded playing in the park, who's best at jumping, throwing things the furthest and loads of chasing : )
Skateboarding seems to be popular worldwide : )

Imagine being a 13-year-old Olympic gold champion! Well, it's an amazing reality for Japan's Momiji Nishiya.

The young skater has just made history by winning the first-ever Olympic gold medal in women's street skateboarding at the Games in Tokyo.

Rayssa Leal of Brazil, also 13, took the silver medal and Japan's Funa Nakayama, aged 16, won bronze.

With an average age of 14 years and 191 days it is the youngest individual podium in the history of the Olympic Games!

I genuinely don't get the outrage about the inclusion of skateboarding??

Neither do I, I've never skateboarded but then again I've never Epeed, Archered or Dressaged. I doubt that any kid returned to secondary schools that had names like Kemp Welch, Somerford etc and thought " I can't wait to represent the county at Modern Pentathlon" as the first step of being inspired to win Olympic gold ; )

;