Non - Pandemic

3rd wave was always going to be the smallest surely?. Cases wise, the first wave would have probably been the largest?

Thinking back to March 2020 and doing indoor athletics etc! That was probably the riskiest time for catching it. That was in London a week before lockdown. Cases would have been sky high if everyone was tested.

My thoughts are the same as before, we’ve had hundreds of thousands of fewer tests for a variety of reasons, there have been problems with testing, impossible to book a test, impossible to book LFTs in the post etc for a bit.

We’ve got fewer tests due to schools being out for summer and fewer tests due to people purely trying to avoid the “pingdemic”.

That said though, cases certainly could have plateaued naturally or dipped a bit and the ONS survey will be the better indicator I think. Fingers crossed as it will then mean a slowing of hospital admissions.

My thoughts are the same as before, we’ve had hundreds of thousands of fewer tests for a variety of reasons, there have been problems with testing, impossible to book a test, impossible to book LFTs in the post etc for a bit.

We’ve got fewer tests due to schools being out for summer and fewer tests due to people purely trying to avoid the “pingdemic”.

That said though, cases certainly could have plateaued naturally or dipped a bit and the ONS survey will be the better indicator I think. Fingers crossed as it will then mean a slowing of hospital admissions.
What’s the testing numbers for the whole of July day by day?
I know you are good with these sorts of stats.

Tuesday is usually the bad day as the weekend catches up. Bodes well.

Admissions still creeping up due to the lag on them so that's something to keep an eye on.

So EU and US double jabbed tourists will be allowed in without quarantine... Other than the money they spend, what's the difference between them and double jabbed tourists (or Citizens) from other countries?

I think part of the issue is that outside of the US and Europe other countries have been vaccinated with Chinese and Russian vaccines that haven't been through the rigorous testing that they would have had to go through in the West.

I think part of the issue is that outside of the US and Europe other countries have been vaccinated with Chinese and Russian vaccines that haven't been through the rigorous testing that they would have had to go through in the West.

Easy, just do as Ireland does, only accept vaccination certificates for the brands you deem acceptable.

Amanda Pritchard is set to become the first female chief executive of the NHS in England, BBC News has been told.

Ms Pritchard, NHS England's chief operating officer, has been chosen to step up to replace Sir Simon Stevens.

The prime minister has to approve the decision before it can be formally announced. This is expected imminently.

Ms Pritchard was previously head of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, in London, and an adviser in Tony Blair's Labour government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57908563

;