Non - Pandemic

Woke this moanin' feeling fine...then looked out window when heard a noise...blinkin asteroid embedded in where I had radishes....i'm gonna approach the thing ' masked up' ..check out it ain't actually from China ( my new electwik kettle is Chinese..not really from Birmingham like it said on the outer wrapping)...
..anyway for the purpose of a Tuesday mini- rant...you dont know what little bugs these little asteroids are carrying...and/but .Yes dear ..I bloody know about ' round the corner ' you can get killed by a bus bombing along the Ringwood Road! :cuppa:

Interesting interview I saw on BBC news last night.

How easily can the Delta variant circulate among the fully vaccinated? We spoke to Dr Andrew Jorgensen, Chief Medical Officer at Outer Cape Health Services, live in Provincetown, Massachusetts, which has seen a wave of cases, despite having one of the highest vaccination rates in the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09r4yxh

How easily can the Delta variant circulate among the fully vaccinated? We spoke to Dr Andrew Jorgensen, Chief Medical Officer at Outer Cape Health Services, live in Provincetown, Massachusetts, which has seen a wave of cases, despite having one of the highest vaccination rates in the US.

The crucial point is not so much whether it spreads easily despite a high level of vaccination but whether it then causes high levels of hospitalisation for long periods of time. So far the signs are (and confirmed in this clip) that it doesn't and that the vaccines reduce it to "just" another flu type illness for the vast majority.
I have said for ages that everyone of us is going to get COVID at some stage of our lives. We just need to tweak the vaccines as we do with the flu one to best adapt to variants and get on with living our lives. No more lockdowns.

Better offer than free kebabs. :grinning:

Sky

Football club offers free ticket to anyone who gets jabbed at their 'goal zone'
Rotherham United will open their League One season against Plymouth this weekend and entry will be free for anyone who gets jabbed in their goal zone.
Tickets usually cost up to £27.

READ | Get your Covid-19 vaccine at the Goal Zone and a free ticket for our league opener against Plymouth this weekend.@RU_CST are offering fans who get their first or second dose a free ticket to Saturday's game.#rufc | #ForeverTogetherForeverProudhttps://t.co/2I5gJBFjQJ
— Rotherham United (@OfficialRUFC) August 2, 2021

But Ms Sturgeon urged people not to drop their guard, warning that "care and caution will still be required".

She added: "While this move will restore a substantial degree of normality, it is important to be clear that it does not signal the end of the pandemic or a return to life exactly as we knew it before COVID struck.

"Declaring freedom from, or victory over, this virus is premature. The harm the virus can do, including through the impact of long COVID, should not be underestimated. And its ability to mutate may yet pose us real challenges."

Ms Sturgeon said that some protections and guidance will remain in place, including:

• The wearing of masks to be mandated "for some time to come"

• Test and Protect to continue

• Hybrid of home working and office working to be advised

• Continued consideration of vaccine passports for some events

• Face masks still to be worn by secondary school pupils and staff for up to six weeks

I mean it's a desperate dredge around for bad news isn't it. Laughable.

They always deny it, but a certain weird % of the population are going to be gutted when this is all 'over' (as such).

I'm not so sure. Things do seem a little grim in the US currently. I'm currently weighing up whether it's wise for me to do a month long tour of the states knowing I could potentially come back and infect my wife and baby. I know we're not exactly safe in NYC but until a infant vaccine is available I'm more inclined to be somewhat circumspect in my activities.
I mean it's a desperate dredge around for bad news isn't it. Laughable.

They always deny it, but a certain weird % of the population are going to be gutted when this is all 'over' (as such).

I'm not so sure. Things do seem a little grim in the US currently. I'm currently weighing up whether it's wise for me to do a month long tour of the states knowing I could potentially come back and infect my wife and baby. I know we're not exactly safe in NYC but until a infant vaccine is available I'm more inclined to be somewhat circumspect in my activities.

Individual risk assessments....that's what it's about now for a while.

Yeah, fair play man. I get there will be variants for all time now and that we have to learn to live with it but by the same token, it's important that we know the vaccine isn't completely effective at preventing delta infections spreading so we can adjust our expectations accordingly. I was certainly riding the wave of a vaccinated high back in May and now I know that was a little premature.

Individual risk assessments....that's what it's about now for a while.

Yeah, fair play man. I get there will be variants for all time now and that we have to learn to live with it but by the same token, it's important that we know the vaccine isn't completely effective at preventing delta infections spreading so we can adjust our expectations accordingly. I was certainly riding the wave of a vaccinated high back in May and now I know that was a little premature.

Yep - Roughly going on the 18-24 months scenario of this to be looking loads better, so that's the other side of winter.

;