Non - Pandemic

As well as the success of the vaccination programme, they could allow the enquiry to look back over things like the "protective ring" that was supposedly thrown around care homes, and the early suggestions of "taking it on the chin".

Im on about now Rob referring to the 180 deaths a day. Not taking anything away from the horrific figure but those saying it’s the governments fault for the current figures - what more do you want to be done now?

Also I believe an enquiry is scheduled? Next year?

Im on about now Rob referring to the 180 deaths a day. Not taking anything away from the horrific figure but those saying it’s the governments fault for the current figures - what more do you want to be done now?

Also I believe an enquiry is scheduled? Next year?
Theyve been delaying the enquiry for ages.

Our society has a lot less restrictions than other societies. It's difficult to compare like for like.

Impossible more like.

Is the UK one of the worst globally by excess death total? Or should we look at age range per case figures? Should we factor in excess deaths for previous years in other countries to compare? Or the UK’s history in regards to respiratory disease? Or obesity levels?

Do we draw a line in the sand for when the UK was performing poorly and just stick to that and ignore the vaccine roll out and it’s consequences, which now make it look more favourable in comparison?

Do we consider school closures? Do we think countries who closed schools for the majority of the year as having a good record?

What about the countries who chased a zero covid strategy who have had to abandon it? Do we criticise them for U turns?

Theyve been delaying the enquiry for ages.
The enquiry will show failings. We know that. Will other countries get an enquiry? Would Corbyn have done a better job?
Impossible more like.

Is the UK one of the worst globally by excess death total? Or should we look at age range per case figures? Should we factor in excess deaths for previous years in other countries to compare? Or the UK’s history in regards to respiratory disease? Or obesity levels?

Do we draw a line in the sand for when the UK was performing poorly and just stick to that and ignore the vaccine roll out and it’s consequences, which now make it look more favourable in comparison?

Do we consider school closures? Do we think countries who closed schools for the majority of the year as having a good record?

What about the countries who chased a zero covid strategy who have had to abandon it? Do we criticise them for U turns?
That's way too much on a beer night. Hands up. You've done me there.

It’s behind a paywall, looks to be the guardians opinion and was dated April 2020, I think that’s very premature to have an enquiry when we were still in the first lockdown and we hadn’t even seen the effects of it yet….!

You’ve deviated right off the point of what should the government be doing today to reduce the deaths….

It’s behind a paywall, looks to be the guardians opinion and was dated April 2020, I think that’s very premature to have an enquiry when we were still in the first lockdown and we hadn’t even seen the effects of it yet….!
Its the Independent.

So just wait until things have gone too far?

Its the Independent.

So just wait until things have gone too far?

You can’t have an enquiry when we weren’t even 50 days into the pandemic, that would be foolish, half the decisions hadn’t even been made then apart from stay at home. That’s why it’s being held next year.
I edited my post to ask you a question but you replied too quickly

I think its reasonable to ask for a comparison.
Its a deflection from the main point. But to answer, I've no idea if Corbyn, Thatcher or Wilson would have done any better. The point is that the Government of the time has to look at its performance. All Governments, and not just the pandemic.

;