Non - Pandemic

I barely know anyone still doing LFTs, I’ve got a couple of the free boxes left and will do them if I have symptoms but think I’m probably in the minority now.
I’ve got a couple of unopened test boxes.
I’m keeping one.
It might be worth a few bob in years to come, for the great, great, grandkids. Lol.
I’ve also got a selection of old mobile phones from the 80’s onwards. Sad git.

That's terrifically encouraging. If 2% of the population has covid then - if covid made no difference to health at all - we would expect 2% of deaths to have had covid. We get about 10k deaths per week, 2% is 200, which is about what that graph shows. Covid really is weakening or else our responses are strengthening, to the extent that it can be almost ignored except for the extremely vulnerable.

The “vectors of transmission”, with very few vaccinated have the fewest infections.

Who’d have thunk it.

You would have thought Covid cases would be going down in the Summer months as people get outside more.

Covid vaccines must be urgently updated to target new variants as infection rates in the UK soar to near-record levels, leading scientists have warned.

An average of 285,507 people are being infected with the virus each day in the UK, according to the latest data from the ZOE Covid Study. Its lead scientist ProfessorTim Spector said cases were soon expected to exceed the 300,000 mark, “bringing us to levels seen during the height of the pandemic for the UK”.

With the country now in its fifth wave, and hospital admissions once again on the rise, scientists argue a new vaccine specific to Omicron could offer better protection against future variants, helping keep people out of hospital and reduce cases.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-cases-vaccine-omicron-variant-latest-b2113125.html

Last edited:
My dad and stepmum are hiding away again , cancelling visits to see their grandkids as “ they mix with others “
Fully vaccinated and boostered but scared by the news again ….

My dad and stepmum are hiding away again , cancelling visits to see their grandkids as “ they mix with others “
Fully vaccinated and boostered but scared by the news again ….
Very sad. My old dad passed away last week after many years of physical struggle, mostly confined to his own home and bed in that time. How he would have loved to be able to get out and about and see people and visit places. Make the most of your time while you can is what he would say.

Very sad. My old dad passed away last week after many years of physical struggle, mostly confined to his own home and bed in that time. How he would have loved to be able to get out and about and see people and visit places. Make the most of your time while you can is what he would say.
Sorry for your loss.

sorry to hear that @redharry

particularly poignant to me, after spending a long weekend with a mother who no longer wishes to be alive, and in truth is a living nightmare for me & my two brothers. utciad.

Sorry to hear that news.

;