Non - Pandemic

Thats not the point. I've heard all the derogatory comments too. Doesnt make it acceptable that others should have to hear them does it?
Rob, I'll admit I have a very high tolerance for this kind of stuff. I can also add "four-eyes" and from my Quebec days "tete carree". Probably just me being a product of the baby boom.
To me, the real racism comes in actions, not words.

Not surprised at that news Billy.

My wife's parents are from Hunan, the next province immediately south of the province containing Wuhan.
Fair bit of concern at the moment to say the least, until things become clearer/a vaccine is developed.

Travellers have 'names' for people that live in houses!

Getting to the Heart of the Matter......Are any of Graham Greenes or Joseph Conrads Novels been removed from Libraries or Bookshops...Classic Sections!

They had a caller on the radio earlier that said if it carried on at this rate - a 25% increase day on day it would technically only take another 50 days for the whole of the planet to become infected.

Of course hopefully that wouldn’t happen and the chances are remote but interesting facts all the same

And the words are a pre-cursor to action.
I'll give you a "sometimes" on that one. I honestly don't think there is a correlation, it takes a lot bigger balls to actively persecute someone than it does to call them names. But again, I grew up in a "sticks stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" era.

Not trying to belittle this one bit. I wonder how many elderly , young and people with weak immune systems die in China each flu season with a population of it's size? Is this strain of flu anymore serious than other strains or is it because it is deemed to come from bats or snakes? Just asking.

Denialist are needed for this story..Druss? SDD?

I certainly deny knowing wtf you are talking about.

Not seen this thread today and it appears some posts have been removed.

If I had to guess I'd say Bill's been on one of his absolutely hilarious "I've-not-got-a-racist-bone-in-my-body" skits. What a cad he is.

As it seems we are now dealing in stereotypes then from now on I will be addressing our resident former RN employees as Bill McGayboycherry and Al Gay!

One of my wifes Choir friends is Chinese..from Harbin in the north..she is very critical of her homeland on the occasions we meet up...constant stories flow from her of less than nice nature about cruelty and persecution of people in the rural areas!
She initiates the conversations.

Oh of course the British have a lot to answer for in history..who is denying that? Not me!

One of my wifes Choir friends is Chinese..from Harbin in the north..she is very critical of her homeland on the occasions we meet up...constant stories flow from her of less than nice nature about cruelty and persecution of people in the rural areas!
She initiates the conversations.

Oh of course the British have a lot to answer for in history..who is denying that? Not me!
Here we go. One of my friends...

;