Non - Pandemic

At a time when international airlines like British Airways and American Airlines are cancelling flights to China to mitigate the risks of spreading the deadly coronavirus, national carrier Kenya Airways (KQ) has maintained that it will continue flying to the Asian country.

Kenyans, however, have not taken this move kindly and have accused the airline of prioritising profits over the dangers it was exposing the country to.

It did not help KQ's situation that there's a Kenyan student from China who arrived aboard its flight that is currently quarantined at Kenyatta National Hospital because he had coronavirus-like symptoms.

China has become a very important trade ally of Kenya, and is currently funding and building major infrastructure projects in the country which has seen a surge in the number of Chinese nationals travelling to the country.

Immigration.. Fine by me!

We can all mix and make fun of each other.. Is that so bad! Work together, play together, marry, have babies... What is the problem?

Nobody is saying that the Chinese have nothing good for the World.. they are clever people , historic inventors.. they have immense potential to connect with the Sciences and bring benefit to Living on an improved Planet.
A bit of criticism wont harm them... Im sure they have plenty of issues with the likes of Trump, Us and other Big Noises.

Taking the 'a' off the word China and replacing with 'ks'..as a collective term for the people.....causes such a furore!

Is the context " i'm off down the Chinky Nosh Shop for some Fried Rice". ..'Racist' ?
Because the mere fact of going there to buy their produce is in itself a compliment to their culture !

Taking the 'a' off the word China and replacing with 'ks'..as a collective term for the people.....causes such a furore!

Is the context " i'm off down the Chinky Nosh Shop for some Fried Rice". ..'Racist' ?
Because the mere fact of going there to buy their produce is in itself a compliment to their culture !

Just stop being a bellend.

Bill this is totally insane. Saying you're going to the "chinky" is absolutely racist. From the horse's mouth. What you say in the privacy of your own home is totally up to you but if you came at me with that, that's fighting talk, son.

Taking the 'a' off the word

China and replacing with 'ks'..as a collective term for the people.....causes such a furore!

It is a racially pejorative term used to intimidate and impose presumed authority over another group. There is no difference to using the n word or the p word to describe Pakistanis.

Bill this is totally insane. Saying you're going to the "chinky" is absolutely racist. From the horse's mouth. What you say in the privacy of your own home is totally up to you but if you came at me with that, that's fighting talk, son.

Not surprised at that news Billy.

My wife's parents are from Hunan, the next province immediately south of the province containing Wuhan.
Fair bit of concern at the moment to say the least, until things become clearer/a vaccine is developed.

The good news Jim is all countries health people/scientists are working together to find a vaccine and try and contain this virus from spreading.

The Chinese seemed to have been very responsible in the way they have reported and handled this outbreak.

It is a racially pejorative term used to intimidate and impose presumed authority over another group. There is no difference to using the n word or the p word to describe Pakistanis.
Thats ridiculously sensitive ...and not something I would 'come at anyone' with in an aggressive manner...I dont ever say it tbh..but its something ive heard often enough !
I imagine us Brits are called various 'words' around the globe!
The Aussies call us Poms...a 'p' word? We take it on the chin!
Ive never used the 'n' word...because I know it refers to colour of skin and is an insult.
Can we not use a shortened version of Pakistani ?
People call Japanese..Japs...is that a famous 'J ' word ?....is it insulting?
So many Questions you could ask!
Surely it all comes down to Intent to Insult..or not?

Last edited:
Thats ridiculously sensitive ...and not something I would 'come at anyone' with in an aggressive manner...I dont ever say it tbh..but its something ive heard often enough !

thought you said it on page one :lol:

It's not ridiculously sensitive in the slightest. If I'm telling you something based on my own experience you need to sit down and listen for a second.

The Aussies call us Poms...a 'p' word? We take it on the chin!
Ive never used the 'n' word...because I know it refers to colour of skin and is an insult.
Can we not use a shortened version of Pakistani ?
People call Japanese..Japs...is that a famous 'J ' word ?....is it insulting?
So many Questions you could ask!
Surely it all comes down to Intent to Insult..or not?

Interpreting posts and what people actually mean on a Forum is fraught with problems compared to in a public confrontation or conversation.
We dont know the depth of each individuals experiences of life history.....so some leeway should prevail. Getting down off our high horses and loosening up a bit maybe.

I'm not loosening up about casual racism. Sorry pal but at this point in my life, I'm totally sick of it and I don't need to explain why.

Interpreting posts and what people actually mean on a Forum is fraught with problems compared to in a public confrontation or conversation.
We dont know the depth of each individuals experiences of life history.....so some leeway should prevail. Getting down off our high horses and loosening up a bit maybe.

All of the deaths so far have been amongst the elderly or vulnerable so although that is certainly not reassuring the virus shows a lot less virility than
SARS.

And having recently travelled I can say confidently the wearing of face masks against this useless unless of a high and expensive specificity otherwise it will do absolutely no good.
They only protect you from transferring the virus to yourself from picking it up on your hands and transferring to your nasal passage.
It won’t stop you catching from someone walking close to you .

Where's Greta the little hypocrite? She been paid off to focus on the West?
They eat raw bats, torture animals in ways only the chinese could and drag the rest of the world into radiated chaos but its ok because there's so many of them, too powerful, iron fist on the economy, what can we do etc etc. Soft communism what a joke (we got your social cred deetz, you misbehave you gulag die)

;