Non - Pandemic

You have been warned! :grinning:

Sky

French man fined for wearing flip flops on lockdown walk faces court hearing

According to reports in France's Sud Ouest newspaper, a man called Laurick, 25, went for a walk on 24 March 2020 at 4.45pm.

He was within 1km of his parents home in Saint-Medard-en-Jalles near Bordeaux, as per the rules at the time.

Laurick believed the walk was legal under the rules on physical activity because he was within 1km of his home and outside for less than an hour.

But police told him it did not count as physical activity because he was wearing flip flops not trainers – and he was fined 315 euros.

An extra 31 euro procedural cost has now been added, the paper reports.

A local source told Sud Ouest: "The situation is so grotesque, it's funny."

Laurick is now in the process of trying to prove he was right in court.

You have been warned! :grinning:

Sky

French man fined for wearing flip flops on lockdown walk faces court hearing

According to reports in France's Sud Ouest newspaper, a man called Laurick, 25, went for a walk on 24 March 2020 at 4.45pm.

He was within 1km of his parents home in Saint-Medard-en-Jalles near Bordeaux, as per the rules at the time.

Laurick believed the walk was legal under the rules on physical activity because he was within 1km of his home and outside for less than an hour.

But police told him it did not count as physical activity because he was wearing flip flops not trainers – and he was fined 315 euros.

An extra 31 euro procedural cost has now been added, the paper reports.

A local source told Sud Ouest: "The situation is so grotesque, it's funny."

Laurick is now in the process of trying to prove he was right in court.
Unbelievable. Like something out of a comedy....

1614004259492.png
Good Moaning, zeees bitter not be flip-flops you are wearing?

Basically no fans until August then, with the rather arbitrary seeming May 17th date penciled in right at the end of the season. Pretty gutting to be honest.

Honestly, I'm delighted to finally have a light at the end of the tunnel and something to look forward to in these hard times. The thought of having a relatively normal summer is amazing and I frankly can't wait to watch us lift the Euros in the boozer!

Basically no fans until August then, with the rather arbitrary seeming May 17th date penciled in right at the end of the season. Pretty gutting to be honest.

Wasn’t expecting to see stadiums opening again this season in our league.

Sensible move and hope 2021-22 season whichever league we will be in, things are back to normal as I have already paid a deposit for my ST for that season in the club shielding scheme.

Whats going on with the vaccinations. well down today and last weeks total was about 700,000 down on the previous week. They need to open up to a lower age group if they are not getting people coming forward. Don't waste all that good work.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

I’d imagine it’s the delay you mentioned previously if some areas didn’t start inviting the over 65’s until the 15th February.

Some areas appeared to be more organised than others in that respect, I’m sure it’ll just be a blip and it’ll crank up again this week.

Or of course it’s a supply issue..

I’d imagine it’s the delay you mentioned previously if some areas didn’t start inviting the over 65’s until the 15th February.

Some areas appeared to be more organised than others in that respect, I’m sure it’ll just be a blip and it’ll crank up again this week.

Or of course it’s a supply issue..
Hopefully you are right DJ. Spoke to someone today who's wife is giving jabs locally who said they had no supply issues but were not as busy as they would like. Appears locally at least the GPs are dealing with the 16-64 at risk group and the BIC, pharmacies etc the 65-70 year olds. I think they need to invite the 60-64 year group now. But it does seem very variable, a mate of mine and his wife both had jabs in London 2 weeks ago - they are both 63 years old.

Seems Boris’s roadmap has cross party and media support, both saying it’s sensible. Only thing I’ve seen as a discussion point is all pupils going back at once on the 18th. Perhaps even @JIMNNINA will be complimentary about it.

Or maybe not.

;