Non - Pandemic

No side effects from either jab Billy. It was the Pfizer one. I do know someone who was quite poorly after her first AZ jab but thankfully not blood clots.

That’s good Ron.

Going back to the card with batch number on and date of having first jab, I was talking to a friend of ours on the phone who had their AZ jab in Westbourne.

She wasn’t given a card first time, but had her second yesterday and was given a card this time with both dates on it and the batch numbers.

The first batch number is the exact same as mine on the card I was given after first jab in Christchurch.

Had phone call from my surgery earlier offering me my second AZ jab, so been and had it done and I mentioned my wife was in the car they also gave her second one as well, 2 for 1 deal. :grinning:

Got home, called 119 and cancelled our other appointments at the pharmacy.
Phone call !!
That wouldn't happen here, its all internet based.
You receive a message telling you to log on to the Danish vaccine website and select an appointment time at one of the vaccine centers.

Europe's drugs regulator is reviewing possible links between blood clots and Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccine.

The move comes after four serious cases of rare clots with low platelets were reported after the COVID-19 jab, one of which was fatal, according to the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

Meanwhile, analysis by Public Health England (PHE) showed coronavirus vaccines had prevented 10,400 deaths in people aged 60 and over.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-regul...-johnson-johnson-jab-and-blood-clots-12270444

Didnt the community lockdown, or have I misunderstood?

That’s the point he’s making. Although I don’t think he should be so definitive with his schools should never close judgement.

Point was there was a lot of people claiming that schools are the key factor in cases rising. The evidence is, schools just mirror the community. So if case rates are low, school case rates remain low, they don’t spread it around and then see community rates rise etc.

In short, during the period that the Twitter thread discusses, about 67,000 cases found via the lateral flow tests of asymptomatic people who would otherwise have been going about their daily business potentially spreading the virus oblivious to knowing they had it.

Only 11% of positive LFT’s returned a negative when they then did the lab test.

Last edited:
Not conclusive but certainly something that needs more research. This is the problem with letting a virus just wash over a population. More hosts = more chance of variants

https://www.timesofisrael.com/real-...-african-variant-better-at-bypassing-vaccine/

Not sure I have seen this one mentioned before in the UK.

A new strain of coronavirus currently killing twice as many people as other variants has been detected in Kent.

Believed to have originated in Nigeria and known as B1525, it is so far found to have killed 4.3 per cent of the people it has infected.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/new-nigerian-covid-strain-thats-5283063

;